Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 101 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

I actually helped my friend who came over to clean the house today. I just did little things she did the big things! I did a couple loads of laundry already and am now enjoying sitting here doing nothing! Wow, never thought that would come out of my mouth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 11:11 AM

Hi sisters,
It’s been quite a few days since I've posted anything. I guess I feel a little guilty as my recovery is going very well (knock on wood). I've been able to do errands and some laundry. Although I start to feel it when I've done too much. I went to the dr. at one-week PO and was supposed to go back at 6 weeks. However I'm anxious to return to work, as I don't have disability insurance. My company was great to me and let me use my 3 weeks vacation and 5 days sick leave. So the paid time off runs out this week. So I called the dr's office to see if the dr would let me return to work and they told me I have to come in and see her. I go Friday. I guess my questions are for those of you that have returned to work, Was your surgery a TAH and did you have to get a doctor's release?
My best wishes and go out to all.
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Distracted, I am so glad to hear that your recovery is coming along so well. With each day I find myself feeling better and doing more. However, I still am battling with the dreadful insomnia. I have ran out of my sleeping meds and haven't called to get more. Oh well Sleep....I'll sleep when I die. A long long way from now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 11:50 AM

Sydney~ I am a SAHM so I can't give you any advice on the work thing.

Jenni~ Thanks.. you can't run on no sleep! You have to much going on right now to have stress and lack of sleep. Call and get some more med's.

Wistful~ thanks.. I am doing better today... let's just hope i didn't over due it today! haha
Unread 04-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Sydney- Sorry I forgot to reply on my last post but I work in a factory that requires you to be released from the doctor. Additionally after I am released from my doctor I have to go to the company doctor. So I think it depends on your company's policy
Unread 04-25-2007, 12:16 PM

Colls~ don't you think it was interesting that the women who tried to "play the game" on Bachelor are the ones who all went home? hmmmm he's a smart cookie! I agree that he is keeping the right girls... I like Bevin, but somehow, I see her milking the sprain a little.... at the beginning of the group date in Tahoe, she couldn't even get ready but by the rose ceremony a day or two later she was walking fine? hmmmmmmm I have tivo and was a bit obsessive with watching and rewatching that!

I don't watch AI

But, Dancing with the stars~ Woohoo that girl can go back to england. I am sorry that people there don't like you, but coming over here to gain fame and popularity isn't gonna work for you either!

I hear you about the DK's.. although mine are younger and have no choice. I am pretty sure I want my boys to be able to be self sufficient. They sort their laundry and bring it down. I have them switch out the laundry and do the dishes. The oldest even vacuums for me. they are 9 and 7. Some of my friends think I am too hard on them. But I think they need to learn how to do it, so it is second nature for them instead of being dependant on a wife or GF. Sorry that sounded like a rant..ooops...
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:01 PM

Good Afternoon Sisters,

Wistful -- sometimes when I feel like crap but (for whatever reason) don't want to be that blunt I will say "doing the best I can with what I have to work with, thanks." I guess "doing the best I can considering" would work, too.

Sydney44 -- I don't post too much either, for several reasons, but the big one being that I (like you) feel guilty as my recovery is going so well. I don't think either of us should feel guilty (easier said than done for me). Other people need to know that recovery can and does go well for some. If I had some grand words of wisdom I'd probably post more, too. ;-)

Jenni -- I agree with what Distracted1 said about calling your dr and getting more sleep meds. It is SO important to our recovery to get as much rest as possible. Forgive me if I am wrong, and for even mentioning it, don't you have some family drama going on? Along with your additional healing challenges? Just being a parent (from what I know from others) is a great challenge/job/responsibility and being sidelined can be anxiety producing for most people. I am wondering if you are having anxiety issues, that might interfere with getting rest, too. Just a thought.

Hugs to all,
Kathy
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:09 PM

Kathy, yes I have family issues going on. I live at dysfunction junction. I know it is stress, anxiety, depression, and ADHD. I haven't been able to sleep all night and all day. My eyes just won't shut
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Awwww, Jenni, I am SO sorry. I take meds for depression. Do you take meds? Do you think you should talk to your doctor? I do not think meds are for everybody but do know that they can be the difference for so many people. It can also be a vicious (sp?)circle. You can't sleep because you are X (anxiety, depressed, whatever) AND you are X (anxiety, depressed, whatever) because you can't sleep. I hope that made sense. Please don't hesitate to call your dr and ask for help. ;-)

Hugs
Kathy
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:34 PM

Kathy, I see a psychologist and I am on depression meds. And yes you are right it is a never ending cycle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register