Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 103 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by colls
ditto...
Oh Colls... I'm a blubbering fool here! I had great news at my doctor's appointment today too... no cancer! I posted to thank everyone that's helped me... but honestly? I feel so guilty for being excited! This show is killing me!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Well, I went for my 4 week post-op check-up today. My pathology report was clean, no diagnosis of any kind - we were both surprised by that. My uterus weighed 167gr. and was the size of a 10 week pregnant uterus. Doc agreed it was a good thing to get it out if I'm finished having kids and periods are so dibilitating and with such profuse bleeding. He assured me that my stitches were healing properly (that exam hurt like heck!) and would continue to pass with urine and even without sometimes -- just work their way into my underwear. Interesting.

Oh yes, AND HE CLEARED ME FOR EVERYTHING!!! TOLD ME I COULD MOVE ON WITH NO RESTRICTIONS - SWIMMING, TREADMILL, RECUMBANT BIKE, SEX, LIFTING, PUSHING, SEX, STAIRS, BATHING, SEX... (I think I'll ease into everything one by one -- don't want to overdo it all at once!)

We did talk about my emotional well-being which is still pretty fragile. He cleared me to continue to work from home until May 7th, when I will return to the office full time.

Very good news. I hope things continue to progress.

Wishing all of you continued progress as well.

Check in later...

colls
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm progressing!!!

Hi Everyone,

I went to the doctor today. I think they overbooked appointments because there were a lot more people there today than there have been at any other time. Bad news is I did not even get to see my primary doctor! I have been seeing the PA's (physician's assistant) the past two times, which I was not surprised at, but today's appt. was supposed to be a follow up with MY DOCTOR. I was instructed in the hospital to call and make this appt with my doctor.

So this other doctor comes in and I'm a little upset because I had my note pad with a list of questions to ask. I did ask Dr. Kelly (the dr. I saw today) if Dr. Rutherford was going to come in and he said no and that I could ask him my questions. Then he looked at my wound (How many more people are going to look at my belly????)

(For those of you who don't know because I don't know how updated everyone is, my abdominal incision opened a little 2 weeks ago and I've had to have a visiting nurse come to the house and irrigate and re-pack the wound every morning. I've had 6 different nurses over the course of the two weeks (7 when you count my mom, a retired nurse, who does the same thing every night.

So Dr. Kelly looks at the wound and says it looks good (which mom and the nurses have been telling me). The good news is that he told me he was going to close the wound with sutures. Yea!! That means no more nurses calling at 8:30 each morning to tell me when they are coming over. More good news - Vegas is still on, which it has been from the beginning, and now I don't have to worry about taking saline solution on the plane with me. That would really cut into the number of 3 ounce bottles I'm allowed to take in my carry-on. I go back to see the dr., which one I don't know, next Fri. (that will be 5 weeks post op) so that he/she can check the sutures.

So because of the suturing, I cannot lift items, go for a walk, bend over, etc. for 48 hours. I don't mind because I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Good thing DD and I went grocery shopping last night so we have food in the house.

When I get the okay to go back to work, I am definitely going to tell people how I feel. I do work with some women but I work with mostly men and I don't think they will really want to talk about it.

Hope everyone has a good night. I hope you get better with each passing day.

For those of you who are having good recoveries, don't feel guilty or bad about it. I think it would be good if you posted how well it is going so that those who are pre-op and are viewing the different threads on this website will be encouraged that not everyone has had difficulties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 08:29 PM

I was at my doctor's appt (posted good news in recovery thread) when ATWT was on today. I did TiVo it, but have not had a chance to watch it. I'm hoping I can before tomorrow's episode comes on.
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:30 PM

I'm not a HUGE Josh Groban fan, but my 13yo DS sang You Raise Me Up at his 5th grade graduation (an event I saw no reason for, btw). I think I was hit hardest by that one -- because of footage that preceeded it (Carrie Underwood???) and then b/c while Josh and the African children's choir were singing, DS came in and was singing it too. It was a tender moment I wasn't expecting.

I'm gonna wake up in the a.m. with swollen eyelids from all the crying I did in the last 2 hours! I'm not joking - and I have a 10 am meeting!

Glad for the AI outcome. I predicted it at the beginning of the show. Next week's gonna be tough!

colls
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Warning****idol Outcome

Idol was awesome! Sad, but a good, good show! The Celine and Elvis duet... interesting what technology can do! Fun to watch. I'm a big Blake fan - I voted for him last night. I predicted Chris or KiKi would leave tonight. At the end of the show when it was down to Chris and Jordin and Ryan told Chris he was safe... DD and I started yelling NO WAY!! There was no way Jordin was going home before Chris!!! Good that they didn't let anyone go tonight since it was a charity show. I like Ellen's personal contribution of $100,000 and challenged others to meet or beat her contribution. I hope she was talking to other celebs!

I guess I'll read CBS update on the soaps tomorrow before shows start.

I'm headed for bed. Didn't rest very well last night, tossed and turned about every 1/2 hour! I think I'll sleep good tonight!
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:50 PM

O.k. sisters, we don't have t.v. so it sounds like I am really missing out. Someday we may have a t.v. but we are still building and we don't even have furniture yet. But I can't complain, everyone from church feels sorry for us and even though I am 4 weeks post op, meals are still being delivered 6 nights a week (cuz all we have is a camp stove). So I am not complaining...we are very blessed. And I am doing a lot of reading that I have been wanting to do for a long time.

So if you want to hear my day...did my morning and afternoon 15 minute walk, napped. Watched the squirrel chase the chipmunks away from the birdfeeder. Then watched the big jay come and chase the squirrel, then the woodpecker came and chased off the jay. Then the squirrel comes back and chases the woodpecker off...and it starts all over again. That is how the world turns in critter world.

Tap2007 and ImIrish..so glad to hear the good news!

Today I feel pretty good, still some pain of course but not near what it was and I am moving around much easier.

Hugs and Prayers for all my sisters.
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UponWings
So if you want to hear my day...did my morning and afternoon 15 minute walk, napped. Watched the squirrel chase the chipmunks away from the birdfeeder. Then watched the big jay come and chase the squirrel, then the woodpecker came and chased off the jay. Then the squirrel comes back and chases the woodpecker off...and it starts all over again. That is how the world turns in critter world.
Now, that sounds like an awesome day! Really... very relaxing. I watch and listen to nature (in the middle of my subdivision) for two hours in the afternoon, until the school kids come home. I would love to have that experience in the woods or acreage.
I listened to a lot of Mother Nature today! Our cable was out so I did a lot of reading and word games in the quiet UNTIL Mother Nature brought 2 inches of rain with thunder and small hail!
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:12 PM

Uponwings, Sounds like you live the life most people (especially me) can only dream of having. I love nature. We have a woodpecker hanging out in our oak tree but I think it is infected(the tree) with the ember ash bore. So we are going to have to cut it down.

Yes everyone it is 1:15 am and this is my second night straight with absolutly no sleep. I couldn't even nap today. Its like my eyes want to shut and sleep but my brain won't let it happen. I have tried to lay down but after you lay there a couple of hours it get old. The last time I have been to sleep was Monday night. Haven't been able to sleep since I got out of bed on Tuesday morning. But hay its all good. At least the pain is gone.

Wishing everyone a bright, beautiful, pain free day.
Unread 04-26-2007, 03:15 AM

I lie here in the dark
N ot able to sleep
S tress will subside
O nce my mind is at ease
M inute by minute
N ight turns to day
I nsomnia has kept me
A wake for yet another day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register