Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 107 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Banner day! I got to see more of all 4 of my soaps than I've seen in a while. Only half-watched as I was working from home, though. For every hour of work I get done, I claim a 1/2 hour as I'm not giving it my full attention.

Hope everybody had a good day. I did -- rested the 1st half; shopped for carpet and discussed "design concept" with DH for our MBR suite he's remodelling the 2nd half. In and out of stores was tiring, but good and got me out of the house.

One more week of "leave." That's all I'll need. Actually, this weekend is supposed to be reasonably sunny and I have Mon/Tues "off" which are supposed to be sunny, sunny, sunny -- and I'm out in it -- floating in the pool and swimming a few laps (I'll work in the early morning and late afternoon)! Wednesday, I have a big most-of-the-day-meeting. Thursday, I'm "off" and will probably be spending it ironing and getting ready to go back to work in Spring clothes (when I left work it was cold still). I have an EARLY Friday morning meeting and then a "hurry-up and get there" 4-hour drive to an overnight meeting. I'll have Sat. night and Sunday to recover and then it's full time at work Monday. Boy, I better get my act together!!!

Chat later...

colls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 09:11 PM

Hi Sisters! I had my 4 week check up this morning. Everything looks good, over all. My remaining ovary is still causing pain and swelling, but isn't acting up at the moment. My doctor did say that torsion can happen at any time, so whenever I have periods of severe pain in that area I must get it check. I'm not looking forward to that if it means a pelvic ultrasound and C/T scan each and every time it acts up. Also, my blood pressure is up. It went up shortly before surgery and has remained there. I have no other signs of high blood pressure (its high relative to me and is actually under borderline levels). I am to monitor it for the next couple of months. I can start work part-time next week; I plan to work MWF mornings and rest on T-Th next week. I am actually looking forward to this! One can only sleep and watch made-for-tv movies for so long.

I also saw a dermatologist for the melasma (caused by high estrogen levels) that has developed along my jaw line (more likely due to the quick weight loss before surgery, rather than from the surgery itself). The cream cost over a hundred dollars and isn't covered by my insurance plan. Joy. The good news is that the space shuttle received its clearance to land. I hadn't been expecting that at four weeks, but it is welcome news!.
Unread 04-27-2007, 09:29 PM

TKI I like your choice of words. I hope you do well at work. You gals are so lucky to be able to go back part time. My job is full duty or nothing. I hopefully will get released on May 8th.

Let the landing process begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKls2myhrt
The good news is that the space shuttle received its clearance to land.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by jennirutherford
TLet the landing process begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the "all clear" Wednesday, but I think I have ice on my landing strip and flights are going to be delayed for a little while. I might allow circling until landing is safe.

colls
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:00 PM

Wow Colls, sounds like you have a busy week before you even start back to work full time. Make sure to get your rest when you come home each night. We probably won't see you as much, but do try and give us updates when you can.

Unread 04-27-2007, 10:15 PM

No matter how sunny, I will be in front of the soaps and hystersisters on all my "off" days checking in. After May 7th, it's gonna be tough - you're right. But this support is needed by "workin' women," too -- not just us slackers on leave of absence from the real world!...

Not a lot going on here tonight. I started a thread out in post-op. Would love your input, ladies... look for "Biggest Loser." Probably going to bed soon... we'll see how that goes.

g'night all...
colls
Unread 04-28-2007, 01:46 AM

Hi sisters...you are so funny!

I had a bit of setback tonight. I have been careful not to do anything...nothing at all, just walking. DH has been taking good care of me and not letting me do anything. I think I have been over cautious because my mom did too much too soon and ruined her bladder and had to have another surgery. So I didn't even get dressed till 2 days ago, I have been hanging out in nighties. I have not been anywhere except my 2 week post op appt. and walking around outside. So now I am getting dressed in loose sweat pants and I actually walked to the mailbox (it is 1/2 mile roundtrip because we live in the country). So tonight I was all excited to do my walk and on the way back with my little disability check in my hand I past our neighbors pasture and they have horses. I usually have treats for them and now they haven't seen me in over a month. Well I was being careful so I didn't go in except for the mini horse, I went in his area to pet him and talk to him a bit because he kept whinnying once he saw me. His name is Rodeo. When I was leaving...it all happened so fast, I felt a hard blow to my back and neck and as I started to turn around I could see a muddy hoof on my shoulder. The mini horse actually jumped on my back and he was standing on 2 legs trying to hang on to me! I know he didn't mean to hurt me...it was more like a "please don't leave yet" hoofing. Anyway, I had turned fast and sort of twisted and now I am in pain. I have a burning inside on that side. I was sort of scared, not of Rodeo, but I feel like I am in a fragile state and I have been so careful to not overdo anything. It hurt to bend down and pick up my disability check but I couldn't leave it there in the mud.

Anyway, now I am all sore and can't sleep. I know I am still doing well and on the road to recovery but it just figures I am being so careful and I end up getting hoofed!

Hope you are all sound asleep and having sweet dreams.
Unread 04-28-2007, 02:30 AM

Jenni & Jayhawk, glad you are feeling better. I had one day last week that I couldn't keep food down and it's not like we aren't sore enough.

Fnnyface, as far as BM's, yes its a problem unless I eat bran cereal every morning. Which I don't really like but nothing else is working. I think it just may take a while for our systems to get back to normal...not that mine was normal before! And having no t.v., I guess since I don't know what I am missing I am not really missing it. If I was stuck in an apartment that would be hard but since we are out in the country there is a lot to watch to keep me busy...lots of critters and stuff around the pond.

Colls, we will miss you once you go back to work...it has gone by fast...remember to take it easy.

ImIrish, you have had a rough few weeks, thats good they could do the sutures so you don't have to keep getting the packing done. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Distracted1, I don't think having your 9 year old vacuum is being too hard on him...I remember doing it at that age. Now if you can just get him to keep it up!

Well, I posted on the recovery thread of my evening, long story so I won't go into it here but I got hoofed by a mini horse on my way back from the mailbox and I am sore. It was a friendly hoofing, like he didn't want me to leave...but it hurt. I even have a sore neck. It is only the 2nd time I have walked to the mailbox (1/2 mile roundtrip) since I came home from the castle. I was all proud of myself for venturing out farther and came back almost crying. DH was wondering what could have possibly gone wrong on my little walk, he looked surprised to see my back all muddy and me almost in tears.

Anyway, hope you are all sleeping and having sweet dreams. I took a pain pill so hopefully it will kick in soon. Goodnight sisters.
Unread 04-28-2007, 05:00 AM

UponWings, OMG I am so sorry to hear of your hoofing. You poor thing. I couldn't imagine how bad that hurt and how scared you must have been. I hope everything is still ok. I would say if you are still in pain today you should call your dr. just to make sure everything is ok. That had to be a hard hit you took. You poor thing. I feel so bad for you.
Unread 04-28-2007, 06:54 AM

UponWings,
I understand your fear of damaging yourself. If it was me I would immediately do 24-48 hrs of bed rest; but it never hurts to call the doc just to be sure.

I'll keep you in my prayers,
RedKat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register