Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 109 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Another gorgeous day today! Sunny and in the 80s! I've been outside most of the day reading a book and watching DH and DS work on the garden shed. I sent DD to the store to get stuff for dinner. Waiting for her to return to make taco salad.

I woke up last night at 4am with bad pain on my right side. I thought it might be my kidney. I took a Darvocet and went back to sleep around 5:30 and slept until 10am. The pain was gone when I got up so I guess it was another ailment from doing too much the previous day!

One more week, then it's back to the grind stone. I'm going to try and do some special things this week before heading back to work. Lunches with friends, shopping, etc... and taking in more of nature! I think it is only forecasted to rain one day this week - Tuesday - temperature in the 70s.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 08:46 PM

I went to the dr on Friday for my 4 week. She ok'd me to go back to work tomorrow. I was the one who pushed to go back to work. I figure I can sit at a computer at work just as well as I can here at home. I still have an occasion twinge of pain on my lower right side but it not bad enough to take any pain meds for. I have mixed feelings about returning to work, but my paid time off ran out last Wednesday. I know I'll be missing sleeping late and checking in on my hystersisters. I wish everyone speedy recoveries.
Unread 04-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Today was an outside day. 80's and sunny. DH and DKs put the wood fence around our pool deck and I worked on the gazebo and laid out. The we had an awesome dinner with in-laws and BFF and her BF. Great day and night and since I'm off meds, I enjoyed some wine (probably a little too much -- still working on a glass). Put the DKs to bed as it's a school night and went for a quick test run of the plumbing... Still not ready for the "inside job." Good for now, though -- good to know those parts still work!

Tomorrow's supposed to be even better than today. BFF's coming over at 11 and we're laying out all day. I'm going to tape the soaps and watch them later. Then we have dinner plans with some old friends, so I'll have to tape the Bachelor, too. Oh well. Good to get out and back to a few normal things and socialization has been minimal since DH's stroke on new years'! I'll be in and out. Maybe we'll catch up.

Hope everyone else is feeling better today than yesterday and looking forward to how well they'll feel tomorrow! Sleep well. Going to read up on my subscribed threads.

colls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Frustrated, depressed, but trying

Hi Sisters,

Glad to hear that so many of you are doing better and getting ready (or already are) to get back to work, travel, get back to normal routines.

I had a busy weekend, probably did too much around the house as my tummy hurts -- especially the left side where the longer incision is but I won't complain too much. I am kind of surprised as the dr said I could do anything I want to do, no restrictions a week and a half ago.

I know some of you are having hormonal issues, too. Hopefully that will get better for us all soon. I am feeling really depressed, except when I am numb. I am glad that I am not grump-a-saurus like I was the first couple of weeks but this is not fun either.....ugh

I guess that is my recovery update for now.

Hugs to my sisters
Kathy
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Wow, did I ever get noticably better! I was away for a week with my husband (long story, kids too) staying in a small apartment. I never had to go more than a half a dozen steps to get to bathroom, kitchen or computer.

It just seems like the past couple of days I've turned a corner, but I've been out more too.
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:26 AM

Hi Sisters!

Well, I went to work today. I'm tired of sitting at home feeling achy, yet not very tired. I do feel better when I move around, so I figured I may as well just go into work. It took me two hours to get ready to leave the house, but I wasn't really late since no one was expecting me! (lol) I wonder how I'll feel tomorrow. Maybe fine?

I am completely off of pain medications, but not by choice. I've been on high doses of ibuprofen, supplemented by tylenol, since October, and my body has had enough. I'm getting itchy all over and have a rash on my neck. (Doctors have ruled out other causes) I also suspect that the ibuprofen is causing my new elevated blood pressure problem. The only way to determine my theories is to go off the medications. The problem, of course, is that it is too early to go with NO medications, so I'm in a moderate amount of pain. I'm hoping that will go away in this week.

I'm researching alternatives to ibuprofen (topical, etc) and welcome any ideas. I'm still icing my belly, too. Last night, I went to sleep with tylenol #3, and ice pack on my belly and a heat patch on my lower back. It worked well and I slept well.

I sure appreciate everyone stopping in to give their reports on progress! Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:48 AM

Hi Sisters! I haven't been on this thread for awhile because I haven't had anything to report! That's good news! This last week has been good. Hardly any pain. I still cannot bend over repetitively, like loading/unloading dishwasher and dryer. Darn the bad luck! I get that burning, stinging pain on my lower left side if I bend too much. I'm sleeping 6 hours at a time. Still on emotional rollercoaster. I find that I have some sort of an episode once a day - whether it is crying or being a #*^ch ! Man, can I yell! And I don't hold back! I yelled at DS in front of his friend yesterday - I wouldn't normally do that. Hopefully DS told him I was hormonal after they left the house! He may never come back!

TK - I don't have any suggestions for you. Have you been to GNC or herbal store? They may have suggestions. I feel for you though! I had to take a Darvocet the other night - I had done too much the previous day and the pain woke me up. Other than that, I haven't had to take anything. I've spent a lot of time outside and needed to take a couple of IB for headache. I don't know what I would do without IB because nothing else works for me.

Glad to hear most everyone is doing well! I have to say week 3 was the worst! Ugh! Glad that's over! This is my last week at home. Next week I have 6 week post op appt on Tuesday, then it's back to work! Going to try and have some fun this week! Shopping and socializing!
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:01 AM

Hi Everyone,
I too have turned a corner, what a difference even one day can make! I have learned to listen to my body, when beginning to ache too much, rest. As for pain medication, I am only taking Ibuprofin about one time per day, if I do too much! I still have some aching and twinges. I am worried about going back in two weeks, if I walk too much, I get an pain on the left side which radiates to my groin area making it difficult to walk. I was planning on going back after 4 weeks on light duty. But, my job is pretty stressful and there is a lot of walking, so I decided that I will take the doctor's advice and take the full 6 weeks off. Hope that pain goes away! I do still get exhausted, but can't take naps. Also, my DH let me know yesterday, that the last 4 weeks he has felt like I am at that time of month, with the PMS!! Actually, I thought it was kind of funny!! I did talk to my Dr. she said to give the hormones one more month before changing them, I hope everyone can take me that long, I worry about my staff and students when I go back At least my brain fog is beginning to lift!! Glad to hear that you all are improving as well.
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:43 AM

Yahoooooooooo I have my levi shorts on today. Thought this day would never come 3 wks ago. I am off all pain meds now and the only thing that is still bothersome is the muscle and joint pain. I am not on any HRT (and I don't think I have been a bear!) Feeling better than good and ready to move on with my life. Wearing white pants whenever I want to!!!!!!!!!! Now is the time to have a pad pitching party. Thank god the worst is over. Nothing but blue skies from now on
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:51 PM

Well Ladies its 5 weeks today. 5 weeks of days with pain and days with no pain. We never know from day to day what to expect. Yesterday, I pulled up my pants and was in agony from It. Am going to see my GP tomorrow.
Drove for the 1st time alone today, just a couple of miles to see my boss and to let him know when my tenative return date is. He is so supportative. Hope this pain goes away soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register