Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

MountainLady...try to get as much rest as possible. Bleeding again is scary. It's hard to keep from doing too much - I know, 'cause I did it myself at the beginning of the week, but I've been taking it easier the past 2 days. Hoping and praying you didn't do any damage and that you'll be feeling better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 08:42 AM

Colls, I order you to rest the entire day! Laptop on lap is OK.

I knew since last October that I needed a hysterectomy. The D&C I had in October was an absolute waste of time (doc could not remove any polyps), except for the good information it provided the doctors. i was in great pain afterward and a cervical culture revealed that I had a terrible infection. Then, the doctors wouldn't operate for three months (unless an emergency) while my body recovered, so I resolved to lose as much of my 75 extra pounds as I could. It scared me to think about undergoing surgery with that extra weight; I was nearly pre-diabetic, my blood fats were way too high and my BP was rising each year. I chose a modified medical fast (1000 calories) through a bariatric physician (out-of-network, but covered by insurance at 80%). I was medically monitored weekly and lost 35 pounds by 2 weeks before surgery. I was then put on a higher calorie diet (1200 calories)for 2 weeks pre and post op, for obvious recovery reasons. I am happy to say that I've only gained about a half a pound since then and am excited to return to my plan when my body is ready. For what it's worth, I'm glad that I had the abdomimal surgery because my surgeons were able to really look around and check out all my nearby organs and structures. They also did a pelvic washing to collect cells for biopsy and culture. I think each surgery (ab and vag) has its own good and bad points, and its good that we have so many options today. I imagine that our grandchildren will have even more options!
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:43 AM

TK and colls -
You both seem to be facing obstacles the past couple of days. Sure hoping and praying you're both doing better today. I'm glad to see I'm not the only "weepy" one...I feel totally unlike myself. I've broken down sobbing at least half a dozen times since getting home from the castle. The first time was reading a letter from my son who's away at USCG training, when he said he went to church last Sunday (a huge step for a young man with major issues the past couple of years). I reached that point in the letter and began sobbing uncontrollably. Thankfully, hubby was there to take me in his arms and try to console me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 08:49 AM

Wistful, that same kind of thing hit me approximately seven days after surgery. It got better very gradually over the next few days. I see that you kept your ovaries. I will pray that they recover and kick back in soon. I cried because I spilled wax on antique furniture....like really sobbed. I can't even remember what else I cried about. Sheesh! You've got a good reason for feeling sentimental and emotional with a son in military training and making positive life changes. How cool!
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:56 AM

Oh goodie! My doctor just called and I am going to have a C/T scan today to check out my swelly hot belly with the ruptured ovarian cyst. At least THAT test doesn't hurt. Do you think they'll scan my brain, too? Ha!
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:59 AM

Hi Jayhawk,

I have been running a temperature of between 99 and 100 degrees since my surgery on the 27th, even on antibiotics. My doctor told me this is because of the trauma to the pelvic region. I don't know if this is the case with you or not. Hopefully your doctor will get back to you soon. My thoughts are with you.

ZFMM
Unread 04-06-2007, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the kind words and prayers, JayHawk83 and Colls. I hear the concern, Jay, for your fever. Hope it goes down, soon. I feel so lucky that though I had TAH, I have not had problems, since.
I just booked a facial for myself and my dear friend, for tomorrow morning. I have gotten one before, and figured that since I have a little "extra" cash, I deserved to be pampered. I ordered the Swelly Belly Band, as my muscles are so stetched. I feel like I did the last time I was preg. My muscles recoup'd fine from frist 2 babies, but that third one really did me in. I tell him that my saggy tummy is HIS baby fat. He knows I'm just kidding. He was my surprise baby...I was a bit older than I expected to be having babies. I wouldnt' trade him for the world.
Other than that, I am blessed to be recouping very well, but understand that "hit by a truck" feeling....comes and goes.
Unread 04-06-2007, 03:38 PM

Wistful, thanks for your concern. I am still bleeding a little so I went to see the doctor on call. ( My doctor never seems to be in his office) She checked me out and said it didn't look like I did any damage and the bleeding should stop in a few days. If it doesn't stop by monday I am to go back.

I am feeling pretty good but my bladder is a little more tender today and I have been peeing more often. I worry a little about the bladder because the doctor told me my uterus was stuck to the bladder and he had a hard time seperating them. Hopefully it was just the internal exam that irritated it.

I have been taking walks out to the barn to see my horses and I am getting stronger and less sore everyday so life is getting better. I have learned my lesson and will be extra careful for the duration of my recovery.
Unread 04-06-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk83
Woke up twice this morning (1am & 4am) to urinate and much to my surprise, I have old bloody discharge - just a little bit. But with the fever I had yesterday, which was low grade, below 100, I'm concerned. I've had a discharge similiar to this when I previously had a bad UTI (long time ago). OR another possiblity is when I was in the shower yesterday I lifted my arm to rinse I felt something pull on the left side of my incision, then burning sensation. Maybe I knocked something loose and passing old blood from surgery? Anyone else experience this? I bled very little after surgery, at the hospital and was done before I came home. No one indicated that there might be more - new or old. I'm going to call the dr. office when they open - four hours from now!
(SAH 3/27, left ovaries and cervix)
Went to dr. office pee in a cup. No infection, discharge is normal 10 days out, as is low grade fever. Probably did too much yesterday. Total bed rest this weekend. Back to the dr. on Tuesday for post-op appt. Thanks for your replies! Hope everyone else is recovering without incident!
Unread 04-06-2007, 03:55 PM

Sophia, you seem to be doing well. Enjoy that facial!

Jayhawk, great news that you have no infection. Please listen to that doctor and rest, rest, rest this weekend. My post-op is also Tuesday.

MountainLady, I've found that drinking large amounts of water and juice have helped my bladder. Mine was not attached to my uterus, but I've had some major problems in the past with bladder infections. My infections have been so bad at times that I felt like I was having labor pains, and had so much blood in my urine that it was solid red. I'm drinking at least 6-8 ounces per day of Cranberry juice in addition to the water, and even drink an extra glass if my bladder starts feeling a little funny.

and for everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register