Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 110 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Sandy sorry you are still in pain.

I played softball tonight for the 1st time this season. My tummy is a little sore and a lot swollen. I couldn't get my jeans on now if I wanted to. But boy it felt good to do something normal. I went 3 for 4 with 2 singles and 1 double. Not bad for the first time this year. YAHOO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennirutherford

I played softball tonight for the 1st time this season. My tummy is a little sore and a lot swollen. I couldn't get my jeans on now if I wanted to. But boy it felt good to do something normal. I went 3 for 4 with 2 singles and 1 double. Not bad for the first time this year. YAHOO
Now that's what I call a progress report!!!!!
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:39 PM

thank you. But you know how the old saying goes "What we do today we will likely pay for tomorrow".............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKls2myhrt
It took me two hours to get ready to leave the house, but I wasn't really late since no one was expecting me!
Wow. I'm glad the first day I go back to work will be my 4p-12p shift day! I can't imagine my first day being an 8a-4p day. I'd have to get up at 5:30am and I am NOT a morning person! I hope tomorrow goes better for you. I kinda can't wait to get back to work myself.

I had the visiting nurse come in today and she said that my "wound" looks good. She said that the burning and stabbing pains I am feeling are normal. It's just the body healing itself. She had a c-section for triplet boys 7 years ago and told me she had similar feelings. I'm glad her experience was recent enough so that she remembered it. She told me to watch out for a spike in my temp (that reminds me I have to take it tonight), more redness around the wound, a very warm abdomen, increased drainage and foul smelling drainage. I'm so glad I had her look at it (she was the same one who saw it the day after the dr. sutured it) and that I did not call the dr. in this case and have to waste his time and mine to tell me it was normal. The nurse was already scheduled anyway as they are still monitoring me. I was so depressed yesterday and had myself a mini pity party because I thought that I would have to cancel my trip to Vegas, but luckily Melissa picked up my spirits!

So I did do some more today. Put in a load of laundry, took a walk, helped with cooking supper and sat down at the table to tackle the growing pile of bills I have. My table is such a mess with all I have on it (newspapers, junk mail, bills, DD's stuff) that I had to kind of clear the piles and re-adjust them before I could pay the bills. I just have not had the energy to sit there for too long and tackle it.

I'm feeling a little wimpish after hearing how a lot of you are medication free. I usually hate taking medication. I've had headaches and not done anything about them because I so hate taking medication. (I am excellent about taking my blood pressure pill every day though.) But I can say that I have progressed the past three days to taking only IB twice during the day and one percocet at night to help me get some sleep. It doesn't always work well as I have been either up late or I fall asleep for only a few hours and wake up again.

As for driving, I will take my first solo drive on Thurs down to the local variety store to get our weekly lottery tickets. I have not driven at all since surgery and can't wait to be behind the wheel of my car again.

DD suggested today (I can't believe she actually wants to do something around here!) that I go downstairs with her tomorrow to try and clear some of the clutter from the basement. We have bulk garbage pickup three times a year and it figures that I would have to be recovering when the first one is scheduled. They come on Wed to pick up the stuff. There are two more this summer, one in July and one in Sept. Hopefully I will be able to get much more out for those pickups.

Don't worry about me though. I will sit and point to what needs to go and she will do the lifting and the many stair climbs it will take to get that stuff out. I'm somewhat of a "keeper" type personality but have decided that this is the year to get rid of excess baggage including the pounds on my body.

Well I guess that's all for now. Best of luck to those returning to work this week or next. Let me know how it goes so I can have some idea of what to expect even though I know each person's experience is unique.

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:50 PM

Another good day. Good weather. Good friends. Feel good. Swelly belly down. Jeans fit. Hair turned out nice. Etc.

I'm starting to feel guilty for not going back to work this week because I feel so good, but at the same time, I feel entitled to the whole 6 weeks, I have the sick leave, and my doc approved it. They know -- I've worked half of this leave from home anyway. I need a few days at home where I feel good enough to get caught up on laundry and become more familiar with my limits! OK, guilt gone!

colls
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Well I'm 8 minutes late wishing all the 3/26 gals a happy 5 week hysterversary, so I'll extend that sentiment to the 3/27 gals!!!
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:27 PM

At 5 weeks, I'm feeling pretty darn good. Almost too good to be sitting at home on the last few days of a medical leave. Last week at this time, I could not imagine going back to work. Now -- I'm ready. I have one more day to spend in the sun and then my week gets full. Even though my 1st official day back to the office is Monday, I have meetings Wednesday and Friday/Saturday. I guess I'll iron on Thursday!

The emotional swings are pretty much gone. I'm off ALL meds now and feel very little pain. Except tonight, I'm having some stabbing vaginal twinges that I've heard others complain about. They are sharp, but brief, and I'm not going to worry about them, unless they keep up. I did nothing to bring them on. Strange...

Have a great week all. Feels like the progress posts are fewer and farther between for those of us at the front end of this 3/26-4/1 group. Hopefully those still suffering see some relief in the hours and days to come.

Thanks to those that have shared this thread with me. I'll keep checkin' in.
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colls
I'm starting to feel guilty for not going back to work this week because I feel so good, but at the same time, I feel entitled to the whole 6 weeks, I have the sick leave, and my doc approved it.
colls
Don't feel guilty! After working for four hours yesterday, I thought I was doing pretty well. On the way home, I stopped to pick up my daughter and started feeling pretty tired. When we got home, she begged me to go to one store. At the store, my abs starting feeling very overdone. By the way home, my abs were actually cramping up so much that I was gasping (she was driving). By the time I got home, my abs were hard as cement and felt that way, too. I spent the next two hours laying flat on my back icing and applying pressure to my lower abs...and I fell asleep, too. The rest of the evening I could barely move and I'm still sore this morning. Good thing my plan is to lay low today! I'll go in to work again on Wednesday for half-time. I am confident that I will return to a more normal schedule in the next couple of weeks, but I thought I'd share my first day back at work story. You were given a 6 week leave for a reason! Your body needs it, plain and simple.
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:52 AM

Wow... I missed alot by enjoying such a glorious weekend around here. I have my appt today. Not looking forward to it, but it is what it is! I went to lunch with a friend and shopping for fabric and by the time I got home at 4 (only 3 hours out and about) I was exhausted! I was tired from the weekend and think I just pushed it a little too far! I was hostess for hubby on sunday, They are trying to woo a potential employee so they brought her and her DH out for the weekend. Friday night late night and dinner, Saturday I was wiped out so I sat on the deck sofa and read all day. Had a wonderful dinner, Sunday went to church, sat on the deck for a while and read again, then went to the store got things for dinner, bought a new umbrella for outside, came home prepared dinner entertained, cleaned up from dinner while hubby sat and talked to both of them and by the time I went to bed, I was so tired, I couldn't sleep! UGH! I can't believe how far we all have come!
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:07 AM

Colls~ can't wait for you to watch the bachelor... I am sooooo excited.. I think he is making really good choices!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register