Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

I built my blood back up quickly with the advice I got from the blood bank: 2 Flintstone Vitamins with Iron chewables every day. And they say Brand-X doesn't work as well as the real brand in this case. I got them and it worked. My strenght returned fast and my bloodwork looks good. Good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Mountain Lady, my doctor told me that the uterus and bladder are always stuck together and must be separated. That's why it feels funny when my bladder fills up now.
Unread 04-06-2007, 06:44 PM

to uponwings, : HUGS-I was upset because the night before surgery-lightening hit and blew dishwasher, microwave, and my phones, and tv's-wow-outside dish washing-thats awful-big hug to u!!!! My 10 yr old helps with 5 yr old but life has been roughpost op-dealing with chills and fever. My DH HAS BEEN ON POKERSTARS CONTINUOUS AND NOT MUCH HELP!!!!!!!!
I hope you recover quickly and start contruction on your house!!
fever in Tex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 09:39 PM

Update to my earlier post about a C/T scan this afternoon. I still have an ovarian cyst on my remaining ovary, but I don't need to have surgery...unless it gets worse. Ugh. I've decided to just think myself better. Do you think my plan will work? At least we made it to Good Friday service. It was NOT fun getting up and down to sing in the pew, but OK otherwise. It was my first time back at church in nearly three weeks. Happy Easter to all!
Unread 04-06-2007, 10:39 PM

Holy Smoke, Arkyartist!
You have quite a time, didn't you? Hope you're having a good recovery at home. And by the way, Happy 45th a bit late. Take good care.
Unread 04-07-2007, 08:38 AM

TK
You are having a lot of issues post-op! Did you have the cysts prior to surgery? If so, did they not see them? Couldn't do anything? That's really a bad deal on top of what you have already been through! And you are out and about?? If I remember from previous posts, you had a cyst rupture right after surgery. I had a cyst on my ovary that ruptured a long time ago. That is extremely painful on its own! I cannot imagine what that was like on top of recent surgery! And now, you have another cyst? Oh boy. Please take care of yourself - get lots-o-rest this weekend!

I'm really at a loss for Easter plans this year. The last two years we have been on vacation, Spring Break, with the kids. Years prior to that we had dinner with my family. My mom passed away two years ago so family dinners are on me now. I cannot do a big dinner this holiday. My family (sibling) has made other plans with his in-laws. So, I would like to do something nice with the immediate family - DH and 2 teens. My doctor put me on bed rest this weekend since it appears that I did too much a few days ago. Any ideas from my Sisters as to what I can do?? I have to do something! Help! Thanks!!
Unread 04-07-2007, 09:06 AM

JayHawk- First of all, Happy Easter to you and your family (and to all HysterSisters)! Secondly, get the local paper and peruse the MANY ads for Easter buffets at nearby restaurants. Make a reservation immediately. The most you will have to do is ride in the car to the restaurant, take a few steps to the door and then to the table. (Surely, that would be OK, but I'm not your doctor.) Your kids can even fill up your plate for you, IF you trust them. That's what we are doing. There will just be nine of us (and one is an infant), so my mom made the executive decision and made reservations. She said that it would cost the same as what she would have spent to host the entire family at their house.

Yes, the cyst REALLY hurts. Mostly just continual burning pain with occasional stabs of pain. Painfully annoying, but not completely debilitating. I'm just so glad I'm not having lap. surgery to fix it. When I first started this medical journey, I was told I had a cyst (can't remember which side), but it had never caused any pain that I knew about. I'm confused about whether or not this one ruptured. One technician said yes and one said no. The CT scan showed no fluid, but couldn't tell if the cyst had ruptured. The ultrasound couldn't find my ovary but seemed to show fluid. I guess that's illustrates what they say about medicine being an art and not a science. I will just wait and see if it goes away. If it keeps coming back each month, I don't know what I will do. I want the ovary, but not the pain. Time will tell. Overall, I am feeling so much more alert and full of energy, so that has been nice. Also, my incision and surrounding muscles hurt less and less each day. No sit-ups yet, but I can stretch and reach and turn and IT FEELS GREAT.

Hope the restaurant idea works for you! Again, Happy Easter. I'll be checking in again this weekend. I'd love to hear how everyone else in this group is doing.
Unread 04-07-2007, 11:40 AM

JayHawk,
If you decide not to go out, maybe something like HoneyBaked Ham. The stores have the ham (I think they do turkey now, too), sides, and dessert. Or maybe ask your family to take over and surprise you?? Let them do the work for the princess?? ;-)

Safe, gentle, hugs to all my fellow sisters!
Kathy
Unread 04-07-2007, 11:49 AM

Hello Everyone, Been awhile since my last post and I haven't had a chance to read everyone else yet but I hope all is well. I had to return to the hospital for a short stay. My temp. started on wed. and continued into thur. I called the dr. and had to go to the er for a ct scan and they ended up admitting me because my wbc count was high. the ct showed that I had an abcess from the surgery. I was given IV fluids and sent home today on 2000mg ampicillin and 1000mg flagyl a day for 7 days. What dumb luck I seem to have had. I was given a lax. to day so now my bowels are moving and that has relieved most of the cramps. I do however have a vaginal discharge now that I didn't have before. Dr. says that that is normal. Hope all gets better soon.

jen
**OLD FASHIONED PENDULUM CLOCK**
The pendulum can only go so far to one side before it has to swing back the other way!!! We just have to hold on and hang in until it swings back the other way!!!
Unread 04-07-2007, 12:06 PM

Happy Easter to everyone! I don't know if I will make it back on tomorrow...doubtful, at least until the afternoon.

I also vote for Easter dinner out at a restaurant! I was hoping to go to Sunday School and worship service, but I've settled for just one of the two. My oldest son said he was planning to just show up and surprise us, but, since I invited him to church in an Easter card I mailed to him, he called and said he would go with us. Hubby offered for us to go by and pick him up, so we're all going out for lunch after church.

Today is better than the days before. I walked twice yesterday, 15 minutes each time, and just walked round and round my yard, which is about half an acre fenced. I also walked down to the barn with my hubby to feed the horses, but didn't stay...down there and straight back to the house. We went to breakfast at IHOP early this morning, and I ran into my aunt and cousin, so I enjoyed that. However, plans were to go grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, and I promised to ride one of the scooters rather than walking. I argued with DH and told him I was capable of walking, and he won the argument. I rode in the scooter, and after about 20 minutes in the store, I was very thankful that I did. I guess I started having hot flashes, because I got very heated, started sweating all over, and felt lightheaded. That didn't last too long...about 15 minutes I guess. We made it through the store, and home, and now I'm ready for a nap.

Hope everyone is doing well. Some of you really have been facing some difficulties, and I'm very fortunate so far that all is going fairly well for me.

Wishing everyone lots of and . You guys that feel you must do something for Easter, remember that you've been through major surgery in the past week or so. Allow the family to take care of you this year, and just enjoy the fellowship.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register