Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 123 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 05-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Jayhawk, I hope you are feeling better soon too, sorry you are going thru all that. I will be thinking of you and say some prayers.

Jenni, you know it wasn't your imagination...you know what your body was doing. You did the right thing by going to get it all checked out. Is your job physically demanding? I think you said on another post you couldn't ease into things...maybe it is too much too soon. I can't imagine that much bleeding unless something is wrong. I don't think that its something to keep to yourself if it happens again...its not normal and I although I pray it doesn't happen again...if it does you cannot ignore it. You are in my prayers too.

Both of you...get some rest and keep us updated. So sorry to hear all this is happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2007, 07:09 PM

Thank you for your prayers uponwings. I know it wasn't my imagination I was just having a menopausal moment. Yes my job is physical. Standing 8 to 12 hours a day on concrete. We mold and finish carpet for automobiles. The weigh from 10 to 50lbs. The ones I was doing today only weighed about 15 to 20 lbs though and I only made it 90 minutes before I had to leave. I had stopped bleeding but the pain is still horrible. I started bleeding again for about 10 minutes. Its like it pours out and then like a water facet it just turns off.

Right now I am also running a low grade temp. of 99.9 so I know something is going on.
Unread 05-10-2007, 07:47 PM

I went to the dr. office today for a renal ultrasound. The tech performed the wrong test, she did a transvaginal ultrasound and looked at my ovaries. As my Mom said, "There's a reason for everything." It seems that I have a one inch cyst on my right ovary, that has burst, and I have a lot of fluid on my pelvic floor. (We wouldn't have known that if she did the right test!) She went to tell my dr. and that's when she found out she had done the wrong test. Dr. is not concerned with the cyst - I will go away on its own and my body will absorb the fluid. I guess that explains the stabbing pains I was having yesterday! I wonder if she caused it to burst during the pelvic exam Tuesday? The cyst was not there at the time of surgery 6 weeks ago - if it was Dr. said she would have removed my ovary and left me with only one. Why didn't my dr. tell me about the cyst on Tuesday when she did the pelvic exam? I jumped when she checked that ovary and she said I was uncomfotable because of the infection. ??? Surely she felt it! I'm upset that she didn't tell me about it then! Oh well, its the first time she's disappointed me.

SO... the tech couldn't do a renal ultrasound so she sent me to an imaging clinic. I was able to walk in without an appointment and have it done. Come to find out, I have an "abnormality" in my left kidney. Tomorrow morning I go back for a CT Scan :wow: on my abdomen and my pelvic area because I have a "thickening" in my bladder wall. My Dr. said that's because of the surgery and how she closed me up. I don't really know why it is necessary to do the CT Scan on my pelvic area then! I get to drink 2 bottles of vanilla barium in the morning ... mmmmm.... They are in the fridge chilling.

I'm uncomfortable this evening due to the transvaginal ultrasound. It wasn't as bad as I thought - just the pressure on the cyst hurt. Even though I got the okay on Tuesday to resume normal activity, DH is still on hold in the sex department!! No sex with everything else that's going on - even though I am anxious to "test the waters" and of course, to be with him again.

Okay - enough about me... and I'm tired of it being about me, by the way. Good news today! I became and aunt, again, this time it's x2. My sister in law had her twin girls today, via c-section. They are identical. Everyone is healthy. They each weighed over 6 pounds. That makes it even for me - 3 nephews and 3 nieces! Can't wait to see them. They live about 75 miles north of us. Road Trip!

Jen - I hope you are feeling better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2007, 08:07 PM

congratulations on the twins...........I'm getting ready to go to hospital and wait on my great nephew to arrive. I have my camera all ready.... I can't wait even though I feel so crappy.
Unread 05-11-2007, 06:14 AM

(((((Sisters)))))

Jen - I am sorry to hear of your troubles! Your experience sounds scary to me. I am sure I would have had a "menapausal moment", too, if I were you. That sounds like a lot of bleeding for a stitch to me (but I am not a dr either). I hope extra rest this weekend will allow you to return to work Monday with no additional issues.

Jayhawk - yikes, you have been through the ringer. I hope the ultrasound goes well this morning. While you are there, you might ask for Diflucan or something like that (oral medication) just in case the anti-biotics give you a yeast infection -- that would be the last thing you need with all of that going on. Eating extra yogurt might help avoid that, too. You may not have that issue (yeast) but better to have it and not need it than not to have it, IMO.

TK - I hope you feel better and better each day. I know what you mean about not remembering what feeling fine is like. I hope the remaining issues for you resolve soon, too.

IM Irish and UponWings -- I am so glad that you are around to continue giving the support us sisters need.

I guess that is all for now.

Hugs
Kathy
Unread 05-11-2007, 04:44 PM

Hi all just thought I would give a quick check in. I am still in a lot of pain. So much cramping. I finally gave in and am taking vicodin again. If the pain doesn't go away soon I am going to the er. It is almost the worst pain I have had since surgery. I have only had 1 more bleeding incident since yesterday and it also was like a facet turned on full speed and then just went away. I just want to be normal again.
Unread 05-11-2007, 04:46 PM

We have a new baby boy.. born today at 12:32 pm 7lbs2ozs. 20 1/2" long.
Unread 05-11-2007, 05:14 PM

Jen - I'm sorry you are in so much pain. It must be scarey, too. I know what you mean about just wanting to be normal again.

I cancelled my CT scan today. I wanted to talk to the dr. about it. She called me this afternoon - the radiologist recommended the CT scan - she was satisfied with the results of the ultrasound. She just wanted to make sure the urterer tubes were okay, and they are. She told me to have the renal ultrasound report forwarded to my primary dr. and let her make the decision regarding the CT scan. She read the report to me over the phone and my left kidney appears to have scar tissue from an old injury - I had a bad infection on my left side several years ago. That must be the "abnormality". However, she does want me to repeat the pelvic ultrasound in 2 months to make sure the fluid is just from the cyst and that all is clear at that time. She was very nice and apologized for the "incorrect" test yesterday. Also she said she did feel the cyst during the pelvic exam on Tuesday but was not concerned about it and it didn't seem very big at the time. I also told her that I am still running a low grade fever. Again, not to be concerned unless it is over 100.4. I feel better since I talked to her. AND I feel better today. My abdomen is a little sore from all the poking and rolling of the ultrasounds. No pain meds - except IB for fever. I stayed home from work. Didn't do much - did a load of laundry, made a quick trip to the store, took a shower - that's about it. I'll continue my antibiotic over the weekend and hopefully on Monday I will be ready to resume my normal schedule!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Sisters.
Chris.
Unread 05-11-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennirutherford
We have a new baby boy.. born today at 12:32 pm 7lbs2ozs. 20 1/2" long.
Congrats! Were you able to go to the hospital and take pictures? You know, if you did go you should have marched down the hall to the ER! Okay - I'm off my box now!

Today, one of the twins was transferred to Children's Mercy (the hole in her heart had not closed yet and she was breathing fast) and sure enough - the other identical twin started having issues! Her body temperature went down and they had to aspirate her on more than one occasion. Well, later today the one twin's hole had closed on its on and now they are transferring her back to be with her sister. Hopefully the second baby will feel the presence of her twin and warm up and return to "normal", too. Twins are fascinating! I look forward to watching them grow up together!
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:00 PM

Yes I was there taking pictures. I have to make them a scrapbook. I know I should have went to the er but you know how that goes. My vicodin finally kicked in. When it goes away if the pain is still really bad I am gonna go to the er.

I'm glad the twins are back together. Thank God they didn't have to intervein on the heart issue. Best of luck with the twins...
What a wonderful thing a new baby especially when it is someone elses.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register