Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 131 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 05-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

yes they do need a chat room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2007, 02:24 AM

Hi Girls

I am in my third week back at my office job.

The brain has switched on again, the swelly belly is starting to behave itself, my sex drive is back, and my new body has been taken for a test run with DH at 7 weeks and all parts are fully functionaly and in good working order.

My bladder has improved with having had my uterus removed. I had a slight prolapse before surgery, so this is a great advantage.

I hate to get personal and boast, but sex is even better. I never thought 8 weeks ago I would feel like I do today.

Every time I get a twinge in my stomach, I automatically think it is a period starting. LOL. It is hard to get used to not planning your life around your menstural cycle, but I love the freedom and lack of those premenstural symptoms.

I had a lady i work with ask me if I was sad at losing my uterus. At 51, a mother of 2 (boy and girl) and 1 grandson, I don't feel any less a woman than I did with my motor in tact.

Enjoy your new life girls, hope healing continues and you will go from strength to strength.

Take care all,

Janet xx

TAH, BSO
Unread 05-24-2007, 05:03 AM
Join us in the chit chat coffee house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky56
As as for all of you, thank you and hope to talk to you on the chit chat line if I can find it.
To Rocky and all those looking to join us in the coffee house,

All you need to do is just click on the Forums tab at the top right of the page, then scroll down until you see HysterSister Club House and click on that, then scroll down till you find "3/26-4/2 chit chat coffee house" and that's where we'll be. Hope to see you there soon.

It's time for my shower and then off to work. When my alarm clock went off this morning for a quick moment I couldn't remember why I set it! LOL. I hope everyone (including me) has a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2007, 01:02 PM

Colls - the only way I've been able to keep up with the soaps is through the CBS website. I like watching the videos. ATWT has daily videos - B&B is weekly. Briefly, I guess Stephanie told Brooke the truth about Shane's death and is now holding her hostage at the cabin. On ATWT, Carly is back, Parker is not happy to see her and neither is Jack. Jack and Katie are still seeing each other. The jewels were returned so Vieanna is ready to leave Oakdale - Henry was going to try and stop her and ask her to stay but lost his nerve. I'm not sure what's going on with the Craig storyline but I did see in a sneak preview that Lucinda poisons him and she says "Rest in peace".

I'm somewhat disappointed with the AI results, but it will be fine. We'll see more of Blake - maybe it's best he's not under the AI contract - he can be more selective and do his own thing.

Lunch is over - back to work my Sisters!
Unread 05-24-2007, 09:22 PM

The chit chat thread is in the Hysteritaville Club House area. No chat room lil sassy - I think there used to be one but there was trouble. The chit chat thread is where some of us moved for off topic chatter (soaps, family, etc.).
Unread 05-25-2007, 05:02 AM

My first day back at work was okay. I had planned on getting there early (about 7:30) so I could visit with my midnight people, but as usual (I am not a morning person and do not move quickly in the a.m.) I did not leave the house until the last minute and got to work at 7:55. It was slow going and my brain is definitely going to have to clear our the remaining fog. I had a few problems remembering how to do certain forms and ended up printing them out several times before I finally got it right. (I'm sorry about the poor trees I must have killed in the process!)

The Asst. Chief stopped in and asked how I was feeling and how things were going, but my own Capt, who knew when I was coming back and expects me to retrain the newest employee, did not stop in to see me. He walked right by my office several times and could not even say welcome back!

We are soooo backed up it's not even funny. There must be 12 trays of work to be done! I did take a lunch break (sometimes working midnights I would just work through my lunch because it was so stress free to be able to work at my own pace), but I did not even take a pee break. I will have to make sure I get up and go to the bathroom several times during the day especialy with my leaking problem. I was wearing a pad so I did not have that big a problem, but I know it's not healthy (leaking or not) to go that long without peeing.

The new employee in our office gave me a lovely plant for my first day back. How sweet. It's a really low maintenance plant (does not need much watering, low to medium light required, and does well in 68 to 85 degree temperature), which is perfect for me because I do not have a green thumb.

Luckily I kept myself busy at home after work so I did not nap early in the evening. I went to bed right after the weather report on the 11 p.m. news. I really do HATE getting up early in the morning to go to work. I miss my midnights, but the day shift is really better for me physically and family wise (I'm not so sure about mentally).

Well, it's already 7:00 a.m (how time flies when you are on the computer). It's time to hop in the shower and start my day!

Have a great day ladies.

Unread 05-25-2007, 04:45 PM

Hi Everybody!

It's been awhile since I've been here, but I wanted to check in. I've been busy with work and kids, etc. Not much time for the internet anymore! But it was fun while it lasted.

Physically, I'm back to normal. Actually, a "new normal," better than I was. I'm so glad I had this surgery. Life is good!

Jayhawk ... you mentioned a few posts back that your daughter made the band. Congratualtions! My oldest son made the competitive marching band at our school last week too! The competition was tough this year because our band won the Bands of America (BOA) Grand Nationals competetion this year. When you're #1 you can do what you want to keep that spot ... even the veterans had to audition again! I don't know who's more excited ... DS or me! I've waited almost 30 years (ever since I was in marching band) to be a band parent. This will be our life for the next 5 years (younger DS is only two years behind).

Did someone say that the recovery thread closes at 8 weeks? Guess I better head over there while I still can. Hope everyone is doing well!
Unread 05-25-2007, 05:06 PM

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to check in while I still can. I didn't know this thread would close in 8 weeks!

I'm doing great! My hysterectomy was the BEST thing I ever did. Sometimes I can't believe it went so well, and I can toss my calendar out the window this summer! Any day will be a good day now! Of course, what I'm most thankful for is that I found the cause of my back pain, bloated abdomen and constant fatigue. I never imagined those awful fibroids could cause so much trouble!

Thanks to all of you who shared this castle week with me. It was comforting to be able to communicate with others who were going through the same thing. From the dreaded bowel prep to going back to work.

Best of Luck to everyone! This site ROCKS!
Unread 05-25-2007, 06:06 PM

Happy 8 week anniversary to my sisters sharing a March 30 operation date! Can you believe it went by so fast? I am back to work two days and I am exhausted! Everyone wants their reports typed yesterday and there are so many reports to do. If they would just leave me alone, I could get some done and make some headway. MEN!

There are two of us (during daytime hours) in the office where there used to be just one. I like the new person I work with, but I'm a bit of a gabber (imagine that!) and need to learn to focus on my work and not my mouth. No one said anything to me, I can just see how many less reports I have gotten done the past two days, but I do realize that I've only been back for two days and will get back into the swing of it soon. (I hope) When I was in there by myself I used to type like a fiend. One of my sergeants used to call me "pounder" because I went so fast on the keys and pounded out the work. At least when I work Sat 4-12 I'm by myself, but that's when they seem to get the busiest and need priority reports typed! It's a never ending vicious cycle!

Well, my bed and cooler clothes are calling me. It was so warm today and I'm still in my work clothes. I just want to put on my jammies and rest!

Have a good Memorial Day weekend and thank a veteran for serving their country!
Unread 05-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Music Teacher - I've been a band parent for five years, starting my sixth. A lot of baked goods, bottled water and fundraising meetings in that time period! We've been to several competitions and my favorite is with the marching band. I love to watch them march and perform their field competitions AND perform every other Friday night at home football games (DS plays football - Friday nights in the fall are BIG for us!). DH was section leader for the trumpet section last year. This year she's a senior and will be returning to her leader post. She was going to try out for drum major but was against two of her best friends. She decided being senior section leader was good enough for her. But, now that she is in the big show band, we'll be travelling more and seeing more competitions and performances in addition to marching band! This band travels out of state. They'll be going to CA sometime. I'm really sad that this will be our last year at competitions. I'm sure there will be tears after each competition. Last year, at a big competition we always look forward to, I told DH, "one more year and its over"! He said "Yeah, til the grandkids start band!" Band is bigger for DH than it is for me, believe it or not. He was a drum major in high school for a very large marching band and won several competitions himself. I was in band, but never marching band.

When DD and DS were in grade school I did PTA for 5 years, President for 2. While in middle school I learned to say "No" to volunteering. I needed a break! Now that DS is a Junior and DD is a Senior, I've decided to dive in again. I'm on the fundraising committee for Project Graduation for next year (for DD) and plan on doing something with the Booster Club (athletic club for DS). I know it sounds cleiche, but time with the kids really does go by fast!

On a health note... I guess I have a spot above my incision where the nerves ar healing - it's sore - kind of feels bruised. I assume that's what it is ... the numbness is gradually wearing off.

Funny note! DH has noticed that I'm not getting as many e-mail alerts about posts on Hyster Sisters. He told me this morning "Looks like Hyster Sisters shut down their website!" I freaked out and ran to the computer from the kitchen... I asked frantically, "What are you talking about??" He said "Well, you haven't had an e-mail alert since 5:00 last night..." He's so funny...NOT. Don't know what I would do without my Sisters, even though the posts are few and far between! You are all still an important part of my life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register