Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk83
I guess you don't need a tummy pillow in the car between you and the seat belt? I still carry mine around like a security blanket!
No one ever suggested that to me before. Wow, that sounds like a good idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Happy Easter Everyone!

I was one who ventured out to church today too. If it hadn't been Easter I would have stayed home another week, but I wanted to be a part of the family on Easter ... it just didn't feel right staying home and sending DH and sons to church on this special day (especially since I knew my teens would ditch dad for their friends and he'd be sitting alone). I even donned pantyhose ... ouch! It was a little too soon for that (putting them on as well as wearing them).

Yesterday our neighbors brought over an Easter Basket for our family with tons of candy and a $100 gift certificate for Outback Steakhouse. It was such a surprise, and a blessing (we dog sit for them occasionally so it was a thank you gift). So we headed for Outback after church, with a quick stop at home for me to change clothes. If I was going to Outback it was not going to be in a skirt, heels and pantyhose! Once I could breathe life was better. DH gave me a hard time for being out of "Easter clothes" for Easter dinner ... said people would think we hadn't been to church. Didn't matter to me ... I was literally in pain!

Wow ... the two week mark is tomorrow. I think I turned the corner this weekend and am starting to feel almost normal again, at least mentally. I made couple of short trips to the store followed by rest this weekend. My belly aches if I'm up too much walking around. I feel like I need a girdle to hold everything in place ... anyone else feel like that? I know you ladies with an incision get an abdominal binder, but there's nothing like that for us LAVH gals. I know this is the time we're in danger of overdoing it, so I'm going to try to be careful.

Have a great week everyone. My prayers for continued recovery are with all my fellow hystersisters.
Unread 04-09-2007, 01:13 AM

jay--yes he is although he goes to the dr. today. and yes I am aware of the time. OH the wonderful world of menopause. INSOMINA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 01:17 AM

musicteacher. How blessed you are to have such wonderful neighbors. Be very thankful for them.
Unread 04-09-2007, 03:16 AM

I had to post to ask if any of you have experienced the type of day I had yesterday (Sunday). Up until now, besides a fever of 102.3 the day after surgery, my recovery has been pleasantly uneventful. Yesterday though, I had an aweful day with my tummy. I felt so bloated... I had so much gas that didn't want to move no matter how much I walked and/or drank water (does that count as consipation?).

Did I have one of those dreaded days of gas that some report? (Yuck!) I'm happy to say that peppermint tea (recommended on this web site) was the only thing that eventually helped me (colace, MOM, gas-x, etc. nothing worked).... but I'm curious... Has this happened to anyone yet? If yes, any idea of a specific reason why? In other words, since I haven't had an issue before, any ideas as far as how I can avoid it from happening again? I think the only thing I had to eat that was probably in excess was fruit from an Edible Arrangement some coworkers sent me the day before. Is that even possible? Getting a tummy ache the day after I ate the fruit?

Oh, and as far as those with insomnia? Me too!

Tracey
Unread 04-09-2007, 03:24 AM

Tracy-- That is a new one for me. Sorry I don't know what to tell you. Thats one problem I haven't had.
Unread 04-09-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicTeacher
Yesterday our neighbors brought over an Easter Basket for our family with tons of candy and a $100 gift certificate for Outback Steakhouse.

If I was going to Outback it was not going to be in a skirt, heels and pantyhose!

Wow ... the two week mark is tomorrow. I think I turned the corner this weekend and am starting to feel almost normal again, at least mentally... I know this is the time we're in danger of overdoing it, so I'm going to try to be careful.
What wonderful neighbors you have! Sounds like you are also wonderful neighbors. Great gift.

We made our reservations late, so it wasn't until 2:30pm. That was perfect, though. We had pancakes at the breakfast at church, then went home for two hours after church. I got to change, ice my belly and sleep. Then I put my church clothes back on. No pantyhose for me...and my plans to spray tan my legs fell by the wayside. In Minnesota, we are very used to pasty white legs, anyway.

Yeah, I'm rethinking my plans to try to go in to work for a couple of hours today. I will already have to drive four times today and that will probably use up lots of energy, especially since I will need to shower and get ready so I don't scare anyone nor embarrass my teens as I drop them off at school. j/k
Unread 04-09-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP2007
I think the only thing I had to eat that was probably in excess was fruit from an Edible Arrangement some coworkers sent me the day before. Is that even possible? Getting a tummy ache the day after I ate the fruit?
Tracey, eating excess fruit can definitely cause gas! But, be sure to check in with your doctor.
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Make sure to take it easy.

I guess Mom still knows best. My mom told me that I was having vaginal bleeding because I was overdoing the past few days. So on Easter Sunday I went to chuch (you don't realize how much up and down movement there is until you're post op) and then took a nap, went to a friend's house for dinner and then relaxed in the recliner watching tv. I did not do the stairs to my room last night. The payoff = no bleeding today. YEA.

So for those of you that may be overdoing a bit because things aren't getting done the way you would do them, let it go and let others "pamper the princess". In the long run, it will be the best thing for you. Then when you are feeling better, you can get those things done that may have been bothering you.
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennirutherford
jay--yes he is although he goes to the dr. today. and yes I am aware of the time. OH the wonderful world of menopause. INSOMINA
Jen: This was the first night I was not up twice. Went to bed later, at 11:00, instead of 10:00, and woke up at 3:30 to empty my bladder. Was awake for 30 min. then back to sleep. DH went to work and woke me up at 6:00 getting ready...went back to sleep. I just got up at 9:00. Best sleep I've had in days! It will get better. :

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register