Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Sleepless in Ohio here. Even after 2 vicodine and 2 valium and a rozerem. at around 9:00. and still awake and my time is 1 hour behind its really 1:22 here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM

Sleepless in NC here. As a result of 1/2 a basket of Easter candy and despite 1 valium! Starting to fade, tho. The sleep pattern change is concerning me. I won't be able to go back to work living like this. I'm usually in bed asleep by 11:30. No problem. I'm only @ 2 weeks, so I'm hoping this will change in the next 2. I start going back to work 4/23 part time. UGH! Here's hoping we get some sleep tonight!

colls
Unread 04-10-2007, 01:05 AM

I'm with you Colls... it's 3:00 a.m. and I'm also sleepless... after Xanex around 9 p.m. then Dilaudin around 12 a.m. Hmmm... I'm actually drinking a cup of coffee now. Oddly enough, I think I might be able to catch a few zzzz's. What now? Is coffee actually making me drousy? Oy. That's not going to go over well when I go back to work, huh??!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 03:08 AM

well now it is 5:00 am and i'm already up. WOW a whole big 3 hours. I guess thats better than none
Unread 04-10-2007, 05:21 AM

Asleep at 11:30. I was up at 4:00. Took more pain meds. Went to sleep at 4:30. At 5:15 DH got up and getting ready for work. DK(kids) up at 6:00 getting ready for school. I give up! I'm hoping to go back to bed when they are out the door! Pain on left side not as bad this morning - back doesn't hurt. Making a list for my dr. appt. later today. Hope my Sisters have a good recovery day today! I assume the Sleepless group will be taking naps! Get some zzzz's!
Unread 04-10-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk83
Ok, so I've done a search on the forums for "ovarian pain after hysterectomy". From what I have read, it is not uncommon to get a cyst on your ovary during post-op period - like 2-3 weeks out.

TK??????!!!!! I know you just went through this. Is this a passing thing or will it continually be a problem? Any other sisters have experience with cysts post-op??
Ha! Ask me next month if it's a continuing problem. If I had to endure that kind of pain each month, I'd have to have it removed. I hope I don't have to make that decision. The pain I had last week was worse than the original pain I had surgery for, albeit more temporary. I don't know which would be worse: continual pain or fleeting pain so hot and sharp that it doubles me over. Like I said, we've got to just keep going forward with no regrets. I remind myself of that daily because it is too easy to spend time wondering if I have done the right thing.

I'm glad you researched that. I did a general Google search and didn't find anything. I didn't know the search capabilities of the HysterSisters archives was that good. I'm going to do that this morning. The only thing my doctor said was that it was a sad coincidence that I would get a cyst right away. She'd love to hear other reports of this occurrence.

Jen, Colls, Tap - you guys got your own Sleepless in HysterLand club going???

TAP - coffee sometimes helps me sleep if I'm feeling really scattered and worried. I think it wakes up the brain enough to focus on falling asleep. At least that's my theory. Probably not a good method in general, though.

Jay - Stress how much pain you are/were in. One thing to ask your doctor is to rule out torsion in the remaining ovary. That'll get you a few tests. I had a full blood and urine work-up (including urine culture - I have learned to always insist on that) and a pelvic ultrasound. Could be a bladder/kidney infection, too. I'm not actually a doctor and I don't play one on tv either.
Unread 04-10-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.Irish
I guess not all drs. are warming up their speculums.
I'm sure she warms it up. I just hate it anyway. I was in such cervical pain for so long last year and this year that i really developed a speculum aversion. I got that thing stuck up me so many times and it hurt so bad I cried. It'll take me awhile to forget that....but I will.
Unread 04-10-2007, 06:07 AM

Thanks for the info! Good to know what to ask and stress during dr. appt. I'll add those things to my list. I don't think I have an infection - I don't have a fever. Just the pain! It is better this morning, but still there. I'm going back to bed. I think all the pain meds are ready to take me to sleepy-by land. I'll talk to you girls later this morning! Hopefully, the Sleepless club is getting their zzzz's too!

FYI - you can do a search in the Forums. The search window is in the upper right hand corner of the home page (hystersisters.com) and you can choose to search forums or articles. I typed in my concern "ovulation after hysterectomy" and got quite a few results.

CLARIFICATION - after I posted I double checked...There's no "Search window", it's a bar, click on Search. You can only search forums from there.
Unread 04-10-2007, 06:52 AM

TK I hope you don't join the sleepless club. But at least we have someone to chat with in the wee hours of the morning.

As far as being able to use coffee to fall asleep.... Did you know that is one big symptom of adult adhd.... And yes you are correct is does slow down the brain and allow you to go to sleep if you have adhd. For those of us with it stimulants work the opposite on us. If you didn't have it and took the meds for it it would be like you were taking speed or something but for those of us that do have it and take the meds or drink caffine it keeps our brains from going a hundred miles an hour. You can google (amen) to learn more about this

jen
Unread 04-10-2007, 08:08 AM

Ok fellow sisters I called the dr. and I go at 11:00. Thats in one hour. I don't get put back in the spital. If not I''ll let you all know whats up.

jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register