Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Kelad,
I'm glad you found us too. It's a great website. I only wish I'd checked it out sooner. But at least we're here now. Lots of great advice and sympathy.
Kelly - i'm with you too. I tried to stop taking the Tylenol 3 today and now I'm feeling pretty crampy. Also this is 1st day I've stayed up and not slept until noon. Some nights I sleep ok but now getting the night sweats back like I had with the Lupron shot. hope you are able to rest today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:16 AM

Back from Dr. appointment. Took forever! She removed the steri strips and cleaned the incision. Looks good. I asked her 20 questions and she said I'm expecting too much two weeks out from major surgery. I was scolded for walking the hall (2x15min / day). She said "I told you to be a coach potato! Why did you walk?" I told her I was having trouble with my bowels for 4-5 days and that helped to get things going. Then I asked why did my left side pull and burn when I walked. She said "That's your body's way of telling you to listen to your dr.! Stop walking when you feel that sensation!" Okay!.... Pathology report came back "non-cancerous", however I had a disease in my uterus we didn't know about called "adenomyosis" - different than endometrosis. It is confined to the uterus, so it's gone now. My uterus was more than twice it's normal size, with two big fibroids! Good decision to take it out.

I am very tired today from non-sleep last night due to cramping and stabbing pains from car trip yesterday. I told the dr. and she said "sounds like post op pains to me". Nothing to be alarmed about. I asked her about all the ovary pain I was having Monday night. She said I was probably ovulating. If the pain is constant I need to call her and get ct scan. Otherwise, normal stuff going on! Not passed any stitches yet - something to look forward to! Cannot take car ride longer then going to the dr. office. Also drew blood today to check levels to see if still anemic. They'll let me know results when available.

I asked dr. about binder for tummy, she said she didn't suggest one because if used incorrectly they can restrict blood flow to the incision, then it won't heal and that's a bad thing! BUT if I wanted to get one, it would be okay - just don't use tightly. (then what's the use?)

Pretty much was told to "listen to my body" and not over do things. Right now my body is say "lay me down and put me to sleep!"
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelad
Hi renee,
yes I also suffered with chronic back pain both immediately after the op and it is still there today. I am also 2 weeks and 1 day after the op. Hang on in there
Sisters with back pain - you need to call you doctor! Today, my dr. made a big deal about having back pain - which I haven't had except for two nights ago. She said chronic back pain may indicate something more serious and she needs to know about it if it occurs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKls2myhrt
I can sympathize with you. As time goes on, I feel a little better each day and yet I'm also faced with the stark reality that recovery is going to take weeks and months, not days. Initially, I imagined myself back at work part-time already (I was supposed to have a VH but ended up with an AH). In reality, I won't be back part-time for at least two more weeks (and that's isn't very sure right now).
TK - You are an over-achiever! Good quality! EXCEPT when you've had major surgery! Dr. said I should expect pain for 2 months with abdominal surgery. Don't know when I'll go back to work. Initially I told myself 4 weeks. Then May 1st. Now I may wait until I'm officially released from doc on May 8th. Depends on blood levels and my body!
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:26 AM

I have to play catch up on all the posts I missed this morning!

Yes, welcome newcomers!

To my other sisters - I'm goin' to take a nap! I'll catch up later!
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:46 AM

Welcome Kelad!
Do take good care of yourself. If you've got friends in the area, invite them to come visit---even if your residence is not what you'd like it to be. We'll all be rooting and cheering and praying for your recovery. Hang in there, Sister.
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Jen, Sophia, TKI.... I actually fell asleep last night by 1 a.m.! You know what worked? Advil PM. Instead of taking my prescribed 600 mgs of motrin at 10 p.m., I took 2 regular Advil, then at 11:00 I took 1 Advil PM (still equals 600 mgs). Maybe it'd work for you too... give it a shot![/quote]

Tracey. I take a sleeping pill and 10mg of valium and still only sleep about 2 to 3 hrs. without that I wouldn't sleep at all so I suppose I'm past the advil pm. Remember It took them 1 3/4 hours to knock me out for surgery.
jen
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:55 AM

I'm experiencing something similar. I'm going to look into a lumbar support pillow, for ALL the places I sit (home, car, and eventually my desk.)
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:56 AM

[quote=albertsjj]Hi girls! I haven't been around for a while but I'm back....

Did anyone else wake up from surgery with horrible back pain? I am 2 weeks and 2 days post op and my back is still so incredibly tight and sore.

Renee I didn't wake up with back pain so to say but my butt had an ungodly amount of pressure. I had a total LSH. Hope they didn't have their way with me.LOL

jenn
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennirutherford
Remember It took them 1 3/4 hours to knock me out for surgery.
jen
HOLY SMOKE! They gave me something to drink, and wheeled me into the opperating room, told me to lie down on the table. And I don't even remember lyng down. I do remember them saying that the time was 11:58. My surgery was supposed to be at 11:30. That was the last ting I remember until being wheeled into my room at 4:25 that afternoon. Whew!
Glad you found something that helps you sleep! Hard for the body to heal without sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register