Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardener2
Okay, it is official - I am addicted to this site. But lets get real - we do have more time on our hands than usual.

Hope everyone has a good evening. It is raining and crappy here in western NY, but at least it is not snowing (which they predicted for today).

Later.
Yeah, having a good day---haven't moved off the couch, yet. Had a big day, yesterday. And yes, obviously I'm addicted, too, but I know I won't have much time starting Monday. I'll be too tired and busy to get on.
You know, I seem to be healing fromt his quite well, but just know that it can be different for eacher person, and for each type of surgery, with the same person. October of 2003, I had sinus surgery and had to take a whole month off from work. It was a high stress job, and I was not allowed to return part time. So, it took me a lot longer than most, to heal. Plus I was still with the kids' dad. He was NOT a nice person about my surgery. So, it makes a difference when you can heal in a loving and supportive environment, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 02:14 PM
uterus weight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia46
I'm trying to find out just what an average uterus is supposed to weigh. Anyone know? or know where to find it? Doc left me a voice mail stating NO abnormal pathology!!!! I feel very blessed!!!Uterus weighed--143 grams. Is that average? Large? Small? Is it different for each person?

I read online that the average uterus weighs between 70 and 125 grams....
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:19 PM

Has anyone passed a stitch yet? I have this sensation that something is stuck when I pee, prickly feeling, and I keep hoping it will come out! I'm thinking it's a stitch! Should be the right time!

I went outside, walked around the yard and down two houses and back. Absorbed some sunshine and I've missed two pages of posts! I have to get caught up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
I read online that the average uterus weighs between 70 and 125 grams....
Mine was 160 grams. I think that's about 1/2 pound.??
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:26 PM

Did I read at one point that some of you have experienced different types of pain during your recovery? Today I seem to have a pain that is sharper than the normal cramping... (doesn't linger... goes away fast - almost like a sharp ache - is that possible?)... seems to go from my belly button on down...... nothing that needs pain meds... just peaks my curiosity. Anyone?

~Tracey
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney44
Wow Sophia your son is awesome. I have the same DS is you Chris. He was nominated for NHS last year but didn't bother to follow through. He did really well until this year. Senior year. Had all As and B's all through HS and played football and worked. This year though he was diagnosed with depression(dr prescribed lexapro for him but he didn't take it)which he blames on football. The coaches promised him starting position this year and then gave it to an underclassman. Lots of politics in football here. Anyway after that he started skipping classes. So here it is April and I don't know if he's going to graduate. VEry frustrating to deal with. Especially when you know if they'd just apply themselves they could have aced it all. I will admit though last year I was distracted with DH having had a heart attack. Focused too much on him and not enough on the DS. I feel guilty like I didn't do enough to encourage him. But then again he's 18 and I couldn't make the decisions for him anymore. He still promises me he's graduating with his class, but I'm still sad to see that he threw it all away. Sorry this is long but I guess the hormones are kicking in or out and I had to vent.
Anyone having problems with acne? My face has broken out so bad I look like a "before" picture for a Proactiv commercial. Before the hyst I would only break out once a month maybe one or 2 spots.
We could talk sons and high school football all day long! I am my son's biggest fan! But, we won't bore the sisters. Maybe a private message would be in order for that subject! But I will say this, a coach, good or bad, like a teacher, can make all the differnce in the world! I hate to hear that about your DS. My DS was going to go to camp at Univ. of TX Mack Brown whatever camp...in June but learned that the focus on upcoming Seniors. He'll be a junior next year. So next summer maybe!
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP2007
Did I read at one point that some of you have experienced different types of pain during your recovery? Today I seem to have a pain that is sharper than the normal cramping... (doesn't linger... goes away fast - almost like a sharp ache - is that possible?)... seems to go from my belly button on down...... nothing that needs pain meds... just peaks my curiosity. Anyone?

~Tracey
Tracey - I've had sharp pains below my incision and on my left side - knife stabbing pain. But they go away. If it is persistent, you should call your dr.
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:46 PM

[quote=Gardener2]Okay, it is official - I am addicted to this site. But lets get real - we do have more time on our hands than usual./QUOTE]

My family makes fun of me now because I am on here so much. My 17 yr. old DD gave me the speech I gave her about talking to people of the internet that I don't know! My DH comforted her but kind of offended me by telling her that 40+ yr. old women with hyster. probably not a prime target! My DS says it's only cool to talk to people you know. I told him I feel like I know my Sisters personally!
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:49 PM

Thank you for your response. It's been off and on all day.... if it's still happening tomorrow I'll call the doc.
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:53 PM

[quote=jayhawk83]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardener2
Okay, it is official - I am addicted to this site. But lets get real - we do have more time on our hands than usual./QUOTE]

I told him I feel like I know my Sisters personally!
I know what you mean. I used to belong to a womyn's spirituality BB on A(w)OL for over 3 years. We got very close. We had mini-reunions, and I even flew accross county to visit one of my online friends for 5 days. It was like we had known each other all our lives. I quit AOL and have lost touch with some of the womyn. But it was incredible! We started efore 9-11, and stayed together one more year before disbanding.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register