Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

This is a real quick one girls. I had an unexpected trip to the doctor today because my incision was draining A LOT! I am back home (thank goodness no trip to the hospital) but am going to rest (Mom is watching me like a hawk and I don't mind it a bit!) and be the pampered princess I was meant to be. Although the physician's assistant said it was not anything I overdid or by straining to pass a BM.

Talk to you later after I've rested. I know I will have a lot of catching up to do. Maybe I'll read later when everyone else in house is in bed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM

I still haven't passed a stitch yet... I kind of wish I would, that sounds crazy right, "can't wait till I pass a stitch!" I suppose that is just another milestone in our recovery!
Unread 04-12-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.Irish
This is a real quick one girls. I had an unexpected trip to the doctor today because my incision was draining A LOT! I am back home (thank goodness no trip to the hospital) but am going to rest (Mom is watching me like a hawk and I don't mind it a bit!) and be the pampered princess I was meant to be. Although the physician's assistant said it was not anything I overdid or by straining to pass a BM
Kelly - why the draining? What was the explanation??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM

I haven't really had any pains except just the aches and pains---like achy muscles. I think it has helped me to not have to take pain meds. That way, if something aches too much, I know I'd better not do whatever I did. Now next week---at work, may be a whole different ball game. I can't take meds. in AM---driving to work,and being at work. But the minute I get home, I may become a couch potato and load up on meds. We'll just have to see. I know that I will be excited to see my students again. I truly LOVE working with these kids. ANY little piece of progress is celebrated. They're the "throw away kids" that the other schools don't want to deal with. Right up my alley.
I feel for you who have much pain.
Unread 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
I still haven't passed a stitch yet... I kind of wish I would, that sounds crazy right, "can't wait till I pass a stitch!" I suppose that is just another milestone in our recovery!
It kind of burns right now.? I can tell somethings about to happen! I'm not cramping or anything, I seriously think it's just a stitch trying to get out! Like I said yesterday, I feel like I'm 11 again, anxiously looking to see if I've started yet!! I guess that would be considered a milestone!
Unread 04-12-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
You put the words to my feelings.....yes, I think it's a milestone.
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:18 PM

Jen, I too have had headaches. I called the office and they didn't feel it was related to the surgery (TVH). I've been trying to monitor on my own and it seems the head aches come or worsen when the meds are wearing off ( the fourth hour). Not sure if it means my body has become to accustom to medications? Let me know how you make out.

I've noticed that my headaches or horrible in the mornings. After I wake up from a night bath. Getting ready to make a list of questions to ask Dr. about tomorrow and I will add this one to it. I will let you know.

Jen
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:32 PM

Counting my lucky stars--- No headaches here. Thinking of my dear sisters who do have them.
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk83
Tracey - I've had sharp pains below my incision and on my left side - knife stabbing pain. But they go away. If it is persistent, you should call your dr.
Tracey,
I get them too. Usually where my left ovary used to be and half way down my incision. Quick and goes away, but it feels like someone got me really quick with a cattle prod. According to my MD, this is normal. Well, maybe not describing it as a cattle prod...lol. As jayhawk said, if it doesn't go away and stays constant, call your MD.
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawk83:
Has anyone passed a stitch yet? I have this sensation that something is stuck when I pee, prickly feeling, and I keep hoping it will come out! I'm thinking it's a stitch! Should be the right time!

I have passed stitches but only know this because Dr. told me I was loosing them. When you go pee pee mine looks like little black specks. Wouldn't know this if it was for dr. telling me.
jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register