Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by colls
We could start another thread on soap talk, but I don't know if I can keep up with another thread. Anyone here offended by the occasional reference to soaps? I don't mind hearing about romance novels and proms and all! And then there's AI, the Bachelor, etc. etc. etc... And cross stitch... And ebay.... And I'm overwhelming myself on the countless "chat threads" I could start/join. Are we content to let us ladies who share this surgery week and so much else just keep chatting about whatever comes to mind (as long as it's PG)?
colls

I like the idea of sharing all sorts of subjects here. That way we don't have to subscribe to 10 different threads with the same sisters. Also, I am open to learning something new from a different point of vew.

Jay - No I don't watch B&B just ATWT and sometimes Days of Our Lives. I have been watching that on and off since I was in 6th grade. (A loooong time ago.)

Jen - I think this was in my deleted post last night so I'll try and get it in again. I was reading in my local paper a column by Dr. Gott (I don't know if anyone else's paper carries this syndicated column. It was under Dear Abby in my paper.) Anyway, this woman wrote in and said that someone told her to take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of waer just before going to bed. She said, "It really works. I go to sleep readily and sleep much longer." Her question was if it would have a negative effect on her body or body parts. His reply was, "I have never heard of apple cider vinegar as a treatment for insomina. However, this does not mean that it is not effective and, as I am sure you have discovered it is safe, cheap and free of side effects -- my criteria for a successful alternative therapy. Continue with the vinegar treatment."

Like I said, I'm only passing on what I read in the paper. This is not my experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
On a side note, I don't remember if I took my medicine at 4...ooops...
Thanks for reminding me to take my antibiotic. I need to take it now!
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardener2
I've heard some comments with hot flash issues. I'm not sure if it will work for you younger girls but about 8 months before my recent surgery I hit the hot flash era ( waking up in a sweat 7 times a night). I started using an over the counter soy and black kohash suppliment. I took a few days but worked great for me. Not sure if it would be benefitial for you, but you might want to check with your doc. If it wouldn't be harmful it might get you through this temporary inconvenience! My doc said I could continue with it, the side affect she was aware of was with high blood pressure medication. For me that is not a problem - my normal is 90/60. After surgery I went down to 71/40, but came back up after a few hours.

I know the hot flashes can be tough on the patience and make it difficult to get any rest. Check with your doc about the suppliment, it might help.

Hope you get some relief.
Marianne
Thanks Marianne! I'll check it out next time I'm at Walgreens!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 06:41 PM

Yeah!! DH out of the house for a couple of hours! I have the computer to myself! We're having a snow thunderstorm right now. Kind of cool - thunder and snow.
I'll be the first to dive into soap talk.
B&B - Shane's back! What's gonna happen there? Will he attack Phoebe on the Marlin?

ATWT - this one is more exciting! What's Henry going to do? I liked Brad's philosophy - something like "love, fight and jump." (darn pain meds! I can't remember exactly what it was!) Chloe's teeth / speech are driving me nuts! I did notice that when Gwen was in her Gwen character in the opening scene with Will at the Fairmont, she kept her tic of eye batting from her Chloe character. oops. But I love Gwen. I'll get over it. AND Jack kissed Katie! Awesome! That relationship will be entertaining until Carly comes back from maternity leave.

That's it for me on soap talk. I'm sure I'll feed off of what other's have to say about it!
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
Gardener 2 anything to make you more comfortable....

I am frustrated with DH he is going to play poker tonight leaving me at home with the kids... He said he is going stir crazy in the house.. Hello be me for a minute! You think your stir crazy you are going to work and having interaction with others... I am stuck at home feeling like crap! GRRRRR okay.. I am done!
My DH is going fishing tonight but I need the time away from him he is a driving me crazy with his little hernia operation. I told him imagine what you would feel like if they took your insides out and stitch you back up so you couldn't look in your mouth and see out your butt jen
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:51 PM

I forgot to share my good news with my Sisters! Today I received a beautiful spring boquet from my co-workers! Hydringas (sp?) and yellow tulips in a basket. I was surprised that the firm didn't get me flowers while in the Castle. I said something to my friend/office manager about it when she came to visit me in the Castle. Two weeks later I get an arrangement from my co-workers, not the firm. hmmm. Should I feel bad? I wasn't hinting for flowers. They did send me a card signed by all when I got home from Castle. I sent a thank you note for the card. I'm feeling a little guilty about the flowers? What do you think?
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.Irish
I like the idea of sharing all sorts of subjects here. That way we don't have to subscribe to 10 different threads with the same sisters. Also, I am open to learning something new from a different point of vew.

Jay - No I don't watch B&B just ATWT and sometimes Days of Our Lives. I have been watching that on and off since I was in 6th grade. (A loooong time ago.)

Jen - I think this was in my deleted post last night so I'll try and get it in again. I was reading in my local paper a column by Dr. Gott (I don't know if anyone else's paper carries this syndicated column. It was under Dear Abby in my paper.) Anyway, this woman wrote in and said that someone told her to take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of waer just before going to bed. She said, "It really works. I go to sleep readily and sleep much longer." Her question was if it would have a negative effect on her body or body parts. His reply was, "I have never heard of apple cider vinegar as a treatment for insomina. However, this does not mean that it is not effective and, as I am sure you have discovered it is safe, cheap and free of side effects -- my criteria for a successful alternative therapy. Continue with the vinegar treatment."

Like I said, I'm only passing on what I read in the paper. This is not my experience!

I will give it a try but now I am home for the night and will venture out tomorrow again to try it
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia46
OK, feeling very embarrassed, and this is my second post of the day, so see you all there. Just want you all to know that I have enjoyed all the chit chat, and hope we can find a place for that, too. I find it helpful---but that's just me.
The one night I actually sleep.... what did I miss? I gather it was some pretty memorable conversation?
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:06 PM

Jayhawk ... it's raining/storming/sleeting/soon to be snowing here in Tulsa, Oklahoma too. We must be in the same weather path.

Guess those of us lucky enough to sleep last night missed the fun. You know we're all dying of curiosity to know what was going on.
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk83
Should I feel bad? I wasn't hinting for flowers. They did send me a card signed by all when I got home from Castle. I sent a thank you note for the card. I'm feeling a little guilty about the flowers? What do you think?
Don't feel bad. Enjoy! Nobody forced them to buy the flowers or sign the card. They like you! You already knew that, though. (Nobody from my job bought me flowers, yet... but I've gotten lots of nice things from other people.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register