Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistful
\...can't explain it, but I feel angry about the fact that I'm not healing as I expected. Then, I get mad at myself for having a pity party when I am so blessed.
Wistful, that is so EXACTLY how I've felt this week. I think part of it is pride, denial, wishful thinking...whatever you want to call it. We women don't like to be down and out, physically speaking, do we?!? When my doctor said 4 to 6 weeks, I was telling myself that I would be different, better, faster, etc. It was hard to swallow the fact that I'm no different from anyone else, even as a relatively younger, healthier person. I figure, at the very least, I will be so much more appreciative of my energy and health in the future...and much more likely to make sure I help my friends out when they are sick, etc. I'm sure my pastor can give me the name of someone who needs a visit or meal or just a phone call (unless that's now against HIPAA - LOL!). Hope all my sisters are enjoying sunshine today (I know some of you have storms and snow). Minnesota is finally out of the freezer and snow machine! Yea!

Theresa K., Minneapolis, MN TAH/RSO 3-26-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2007, 10:54 AM

Hi everyone! I finally figured out why no one could email or PM me. I had it disabled. Ha!
Unread 04-14-2007, 10:55 AM

Jawhawk- I'm so glad you were able to sleep last night. I also slept very well. got up and drank coffee and went right back to bed. I think it is catching up with me. I slept until Noon!!! Eyes popped up and I couldn't believe it. Jump up (not really) and got in the shower, like I really have something to do But anyway most sleep I've had since surgery and now I have a huge headache so was it worth it???

Fnnyfce You can PM anyone and talk about anything. didn't know if you knew that.

Colls- I am so thankful that you are not paying for yesterday today but it also sounds like you have a lot to do today. Take it easy..... We don't want any set backs as it seems that we all seem to be moving forward nicely now.

I still have yet to start my scrapbooking gonna try now but I am not on dial up and will keep the window open. and here on the north side of the world we are having crappy rain. We pretty much get the same weather as NY but not as much snow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKls2myhrt
Hi everyone! I finally figured out why no one could email or PM me. I had it disabled. Ha!
Thank God you took the time to research that. When you set up your account you must have not thought that we all would grow this close
Unread 04-14-2007, 11:08 AM

I got 12 hours of sleep last night other than the up once to pee thing.. haha I can't believe it! I am going to go out and try to get my nails done this afternoon. Hubby is going to take me, and drop me off and come get me later. I am going to beg for a pedicure too.. my feet need some pampering....

TK~ I am glad you were able to go back and enable the whole PM thing.

I hope everyone has a great day! it is still cold and rainy here...blah! I want to walk around outside for a change of scenery!
Unread 04-14-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
See my Dr. promotes the use of the binder, and goes through a tutorial on how to use it. How low to wear it,how high to wear it. How tight etc. He had it ordered before I even asked about one, for him it is standard procedure. Honestly, I love it, I have been able to walk up-right with out issue, and I still use the pillow when I ride in the car and to protect myself from my pet, it just really helps with holding it all in, coughing,and sneezing wasn't so bad with it on either, in my opinion

Mine did too...I woke up with a full abdominal binder in the hospital. The first few days it was great, but then I got discharged and it became too warm. I live in the Phoenix area and it was in the mid 90's at the time I went home. I checked with my MD about the Swelly Belly Band. It was okay by them. It's just enough support for me and protects me from the seat belt. This is my opinion, though. Use what works best for you and what your MD approves of.
Unread 04-14-2007, 11:20 AM

I can agree with all the sisters feeling down and self pitty for not healing as fast as we would like. I have had 4 knee surgeries and did not feel this confined. I am also having right neck and shoulder pain. I try to ignore it but is sometimes hard.

I slept better last night than I have since my surgery. I actually am having a hard time waking up today. I drank a large coffee and went right back to bed and slept until noon.

I think we just have to remember someones quote I'm not sure who has it. **If God takes us there he will bring up through it.**
Unread 04-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKls2myhrt
Wistful, that is so EXACTLY how I've felt this week. I think part of it is pride, denial, wishful thinking...whatever you want to call it. We women don't like to be down and out, physically speaking, do we?!? When my doctor said 4 to 6 weeks, I was telling myself that I would be different, better, faster, etc.
Me, too! The dr. said take full 6 weeks for recovery then gradually back into activities. Work part-time, etc.... I told myself 4 weeks I'll be back at work full time and recovery will be over! Right!! Tuesday will be 3 weeks for me. I don't think just one more week of recovery will be it for me! When I had c-section, I was back at work after 5 weeks. But, that was 16 years ago!
Unread 04-14-2007, 12:35 PM

Distracted - 12 hours sleep! You go girl! I am so happy for you!! That's awesome! Somthing for me to look forward to! Hopefully that won't interfer in you going to sleep tonight!

We're having a bad day in my household today. Need to share with someone! Today is DD's big day, ACT, hair appt, and prom tonight. She called from her ACT wanting her dad to come pick her up, she couldn't drive. With all the stress, she unexpectedly started her period this morning during the test. She didn't take any drugs with her so within a three hour period of no pain med for cramps she had to be excused to go to the bathroom. She collapsed in the b.r. in front of the toilet and just laid there on the cold floor. Crawled to the sink got wet paper towels for her head and neck. Finally got up enough strength to have the counselor help her sign off on her test and call home. She had driven there this morning so DS took DH to pick her up and drive car home. I felt so helpless! She was crying on the phone. She got home - I flew up off the couch and Super Mom went in action. I was moving around her like nobody's business. Got a sandwich and med's for her. DH took her to her hair appt. She is feeling better, thanks to med. I am going to get her things together to take to his prom. Her boyfriend lives an hour from here. DH will drive her there. She will get dressed and do make-up at boyfriend's house (his mom was my best friend growing up - DD will be in good hands!) I have to get her things ready to go like make-up, shoes, jewelry, etc...

She's just like I was! My periods (before DKs) were so painful I would turn green and throw up! When I was her age I always worried I wouldn't be able to have kids because I knew something was wrong because of my periods. No, fertility not a problem. Kids are 13 mos. apart. Then bad periods after kids too. I fear she will have same history as mine with female issues.

Sorry - I know this is a long post but I can't talk to DH or DS about it - they have no sympathy for "bad period". Weird - because during surgery and recovery DH and DS have been very sympathetic and helpful. I guess if they can see the source of pain, it's different. Thanks for listening girls.
Unread 04-14-2007, 12:48 PM

Jayhawk~ I am soooo sorry to hear about DS, I am sorry that she inherited your bad periods. Hopefully things will mellow out for her with age... (crossing fingers, wishfull thinking).

It's amazing what happens to us when our cubs are in pain! The momma bear kicks in fully!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register