Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-15-2007, 10:00 AM
black cohosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardener2
Jayhawk,
I don't know if tea will help with the hot flashes but friends from work had reocommended soy and black hohash. I went to the local pharmacy and found the store brand that included both - for me it was like a miricle!!!!!!! It takes a few days to really feel the results but it was great not to wake in a sweat. (Now I just wake to pee - with all the adjustment my bladder is still getting even with me.) Not sure if this will help you but for me and many of my friends from work it sertainly helped. ($9.99 for a months worth of relief).

Marianne
Anyone with or being treated for high blood pressure should check with their MD before taking black cohosh. I have heard it works great, but can cause an increase in blood pressure. In my case my MD said no to the cohosh...even though my blood pressure is normal with meds, she doesn't want to mess around with it and have to readjust my BP meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputumqueen
Anyone with or being treated for high blood pressure should check with their MD before taking black cohosh. I have heard it works great, but can cause an increase in blood pressure. In my case my MD said no to the cohosh...even though my blood pressure is normal with meds, she doesn't want to mess around with it and have to readjust my BP meds.
Good to know ! Thanks!
Unread 04-15-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk83
I had weird dream, too! I went shopping but at a weird mall, weird things happened. There was a firetruck with big water hose going...a Christmas fair, and I was with a family like Married with Children dysfunction!
I dreamt I was getting re-married, but was still married to DH? and my youngest was like daddy why don't you want to remarry mommy, and DH in the dream was like.... I just don't !hahahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2007, 10:38 AM

Well the nurse said the fluid in my abdomen in clearer today than yesterday and she feels the "tunnel" may have closed up a bit. That's my good news!

Luckily I have not experienced too hot of a hot flash. My face has just felt really warm, but my temp has remained under 98.6. Does anyone know if your temp is affected during a hot flash? The only time I have wake up sweats is because I am near the hot air register and the heat automatically comes on at 7 a.m. so when I wake up at 8 (to take my antibiotic), I am sweaty under the comforter.

It's raining a lot here and we haven't even hit the worst part of it. I think the weatherman said it would be around 7 p.m. I'm just hoping the wind doesn't do anything to the roof. I can't do anything to help out if it does and I feel so helpless, but such is life sometimes.

I did go down to the basement today with DD to make sure no water was coming in and also to check on the laundry situation. So far so good about the rain, but it is early. I made her move the laundry baskets away from the usual spots. She has done some laundry but has failed to bring up the clean clothes, and I'm not going to fold them all in one day.

Well, I'll talk to all later. I took a percocet an hour ago and want to get a nap out of it.

Unread 04-15-2007, 11:40 AM

Nothing really to report. I'm fine, and going to spend last day of spring break with the kids. Or working on some of those online classes I have on my TODO list.
Unread 04-15-2007, 11:43 AM

Good morning, all! OOPS -- I mean good afternoon! Yep, I slept until 1pm! What's up with that? I went to bed around 1:30, woke SEVERAL times to go potty, but slept until 1! And I could have slept some more if I hadn't forced myself out of bed. Strange...

I had a wierd dream this morning, too -- work related. We're builing a new building (in reality) and I haven't been around to keep an eye on things. In my dream, I walked into the finished buiding and it was HUGE. There were furnishings that I had nothing to do with picking out and there were people setting up their offices that were not supposed to be in my building due to space limitations (like the health department). It was crazy -- clients everywhere, workmen everywhere, public employees everywhere -- great art on the walls and a really crazy decor -- all very over budget!!! I think it just speaks to my control issues and current lack of control. I think I better visit the building while I'm out tomorrow.

colls
Unread 04-15-2007, 11:56 AM

Not much to report here, either. Slept nearly 12 hours last night - with no help from percocet or valium. What's up with that? So much for insomnia!

For now. Hot flashes and night sweats have stopped as well (still an occasional flush when stressed). Feeling pretty good.

I think I'm gonna paint my toes today! Hope I don't get 1/2 way done and start hurting from bending...

Nor'easter has set in... won't be walking around outside today! Looks like a Lifetime Movie Network day!

Hope y'all have a good one.

colls
Unread 04-15-2007, 11:58 AM

Colls~ that's funny, I am sure that it will be okay though...
Unread 04-15-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colls
I think I better visit the building while I'm out tomorrow.

colls
Could you send a trusted "mole" to spy, so you don't have to show your face? Wouldn't want them think you're ready to go back to work if you're not.
They could even take pix with a camera phone of the layout, as long as that's not against policy. They could even say that you're missing co-workers and wanted to see what's going on...... Just a thought.
Unread 04-15-2007, 02:57 PM

Not much to say..........not much to report. I'm sure I'll have plenty after work tomorrow. Besides the usual morning at school, 8-12, at 1:00 we have an admin meeting, downtown, 1-4. So, no matter how I slice it, it's going to be a LONG day. I'll prob. only post once a day, till my strength builds up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register