Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennirutherford
we went to the flea market. We were gone about 5 hours.

My back has been aching all day. I think from all the walking and shopping. I am getting ready to turn in for the night and just thought I would check in. I ask the gyno when I could go back to work cuz all this sitting around is driving me crazy and he said with all the problems I've had (abcess and return stay at the castle) he didn't even want to discuss it with me until my 6wk check up (may 8th) so stuck here until then.
Let's all take a vote. Is there any connection between 5 hours at a flea market and Jen's back hurting? Hmmmm....

A big smile came across my face when I saw your name, Jen!

I am frustrated with the ups and downs of recovery, as well. It is becoming very clear to me that I will need to wait until the 6 week mark to begin working part time at the office. Thankfully, I'm able to do much of my work from home at the kitchen table and rest when i need to. In hindsight, my mistake was being overly optimistic with my employers about returning at two or four weeks (thought I was having a vaginal, but it turned out to be abdominal). The kinder thing, ironically, would have been to just tell them 6 weeks and leave it at that. I've put them on a rollercoaster, along with me, by harboring fantasies that I am superwoman, heal much faster than any other human and would be back to work earlier. My bad, as my DS says.

I am having continuing problems with my left ovary and her new annoying friend, Mr. Cyst. I want it, of course, but I can't live indefinitely with this kind of searing, stabbing pain. I wish someone could tell me that it would just be like this for a certain amount of time and then subside. Of course, no one can say that. I'd at least take tips on how to manage the pain, apart from mind numbing drugs. I've cut down to regular strength ibuprofen and tylenol, alternating throughout the day. At night, if I need it, I take the higher strengths. I'm still wearing my ice pack binder, for an hour at a time.

I was feeling really great on Friday and Saturday. I went to a 9th grade baseball game (just sat), the chiropractor (ahh...), took my nephews to McDonald's (again, just sat) and even picked up doggie droppings in the yard (maybe shouldn't have done that, but it really wasn't very strenuous). I then spent the next two days in bed. I don't think I overdid it; I just chalk it up to the up and down nature of recovery.

Hope everyone is feeling better at this 2-3 week mark. I will read everyone's messages and check in periodically today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzgurl
My DS's are not very sympathetic. Sometimes I have to show them my swelly belly to remind them how I feel LOL.
LOL! Good method, gurl!
Unread 04-16-2007, 08:52 AM

WoooHOOO I hit the three week mark! I feel it though, I am now taking my motrin and tylenol alternating, without the use of mr. vicodin at night. BM's are returning to normal, feeling good wanting to do more.. wait, don't they warn us about that? hmmm I think they do! I am getting bored out of my mind without people coming by to visit. I have never been one to sit around the house even though I don't work, I always have things on the schedule that day... I could pull my hair out!

Jenn~ it sounds like it was nice to get out, but I agree that could very well be why your back hurts!

Godzgurl~ I hope things are going better today, keep us informed...

Sophia~ don't push it today, and put yourself down for a couple of days.

Tkls2myhrt~ I know what you mean about the whole leading work on thing. I did that once when I was on Maternity leave, I was supposed to come back, but get this... We ended up moving across the country! hahaha so compaired to me your doing great!

Sophia~ don't work too hard today, and put yourself down and out for a couple of days....

Tkls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 09:00 AM

(((Jen)))

So glad you are back with us! It wasn't the same without you!
Unread 04-16-2007, 09:45 AM

Good morning to all my wonderful sisters. I had a very sleepless night also Jay. I couldn't fall asleep until 5:00 am or thereafter. up by about 7:00. If I was working I would have gotten dressed and went in around 3am. but instead had to sit and like you watch T.V.

As you know I sure can understand what everyone is going through with the emotional days. Had a few of my own.

As you all know my hubby had surgery the day after mine and I just realized that his unemployment ran out this week . He has got to find a job now hasn't worked since Oct.

Well I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Jen
Unread 04-16-2007, 09:59 AM

TKI I think your right the pain in the back was from the 5 hours walking. Still there today. I am reading about sisters still having trouble with bms. Me too but mine is the other way. Every time I eat even just a little bit it goes right through me. I feel like I'm blowing the bottom out of the toilet.

I am still having a slight discharge. Very light pink. Its time for that to go away because I'm about out of panty liners and don't want to buy any more. I will reach my 3 wk mark on thursday and like so many others I expected to be back to work at least by next week. Not happening. I joke around and tell my family that my next surgery will be to surgerically remove my panties from my butt from all the sitting around.

I am still taking my daily mile walk when the weather permits. (Ohio weather stinks.) Later after I get some laundry done I will meet up with ya'all "elsewhere" because yeah I reached another mile stone last night.

Well thats about all thats going on recovery wise her. Take it easy everyone and have a wonderful day.
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:00 AM

jen~ that stinks..... has he been given the all clear from his surgery?
I am sorry you didn't sleep well last night! I hope you are able to rest up today during the day!
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:20 AM

NO DH does not receive the all clear until May 11th or 2 wks after that. Thank God DS has a good job right now and can help us out. Way too much Drama..........

I want a normal life. Wait a minute what is normal?????
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:34 AM

Morning Ladies! I just returned from my second post-op doctor's appt and everything is going fine. As I read over many of the postings and hear about the problems many of you have had since your surgery, I feel so blessed to have not experienced any problems since my surgery on 3/26. I did have back pain, but once I got up and started moving around, that worked itself out and I did have about three or four nights where I experienced night sweats. My doctor had told me prior to my surgery to be sure to take stool softeners or a laxative for at least a week after my surgery. I also was not in much pain at all and would only take my percoset at bedtime, just in case I moved a lot at night. I have not even taken any in nearly ten days now. I am on the Climara patch and so far I have not had any emotional issues. Well other than during my first couple days at home by myself and I got a little lonely, but then again, I have never had to be off work like this before and I really missed my interaction with everyone at work. Luckily that has passed and I have been working from home for the past two weeks and my doctor said I could start going in for a few hours a couple of days a week now. I go back for my final post op appt in three weeks, at which time I expect to be fully released and back to 100%. Sisters...My prayers for a comfortable recovery go out to you all. Hugs all around!
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:49 AM

Hi all, I guess it's about time that I posted something. I have been reading and enjoying the posts and they have helped so much. I had a TAH/BSO on March 27th. I did real well, with very little pain. I had an epidural, so no problems with bowels or much gas either. I did have problems with having to get to use the potty, as many as 4-5 times a night. That seems to have slacked off some now. Other than that I feel really good, except when I am up too much or play with my granddaughter. I am also recovering from a rotator cuff surgery in January, and still in therapy for that. I think I am doing good considering. Well take care and will try to post more later.
Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register