Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

It sounds like you are having a challenging week at your house with both of you recovering from surgery at the same time. I hope you start feeling better soon! I am doing okay and not having bowel problems or abdominal cramping or even too much pain but just a lot of nausea. I am eating high fiber oatmeal (quakers instant weight control) with chia seeds mixed in. It doesn't sound good, but tastes pretty good and doesn't make me sick. The chia seeds are supposed to help with energy,and be high in fiber. They seem to be helping me. Good Luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 07:04 AM

Hi, I also had staples and had them removed 8 days later. I am a little on the heavy side with a large stomach, so I guess the Dr used staples to help hold the insission together better. I know it worked for me.
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
(is that a typical life? or atypical life? )
It depends on how my day is going. Some days we're typical, some days... we're not.
and we're pretty sure they got all them nasty cancer cells, as stage 0 just means they are there, but not gorwing. *whew* I keep thinking to myself "but I wasn't even sick!" because six months ago, there was not a thing wrong with me.

Quote:
Did any one else get staples?
Me! Me! I was originally supposed to get them out tomorrow, but it's a holiday, so I go Tuesday to get them out.

Had a bit of a rough night last night. I had sat here too long at the computer surfing this very site. It was my second computer turn though. I also find talking on the phone to be very tiring and had a lot of calls yesterday. I also desperately missed my husband, who is away working. (I have some help in the form of well-trained teenagers who are here all day.)

I stopped taking what little pain meds I had. Dr sent my home with Tylenol2's which don't do a thing for me, so I was taking iburophen, which I also had in hospital, but eventually it leaves my head too fuzzy so I can't think.

I almost took some last night before I went to sleep, but... I fell asleep. Had a pretty good sleep too, so today shall be better. Also, husband is coming home and I think I shall wash my hair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 09:30 AM

Another achey, crampy day. I'm really getting frustrated with the pain. It's been 9 days since surgery. I wake up every morning thinking I should feel better than the day before, but all that has happened is I've traded one ache for another. I haven't felt like doing anything these past two days but stare out the window. I'm bored with everything and today have developed a nasty attitude.
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Finally, the right thread!!!

First, UponWings, it was great to see a post from you!

I was so happy to stumble across this thread! Guess I was too doped up before. I posted my hyst-story sometime over the weekend. I'm one week home from the castle, after having an LAVH (uterus and cervix, kept ovaries) on Wednesday, March 28th.

Doing so much better today than I have for several days. Pain isn't bad...not much at all until evening, when I have more of a swelly belly. Worst of all is constipation...found out that fiber alone wasn't enough, and mom sent me some stool softener last night.

The worst part for me is not being capable of my regular chores / activities, and I overdid it at first. I was doing laundry after 3 days home, washing dishes, etc. I think I should have taken it easier, and I have the past two days.
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:41 AM
bored?

Hi All,
I am glad to say that I am doing well. My pain has been well controlled since the surgery, although midnight to 4:00 tend to be worse than during the day. As a result, I am taking my percocet prior to going to bed, and that seems to make all of the difference in the world. For fear of being constipated, I have become obsessed with my fiber intake, and I am drinking tons of prune juice, eating prunes and fig newtons, and eating salads (too gassy!), and taking a stool softener. That regimen seems to be working well for me.

I am used to working 60-80 hours each week, and to be stuck on 'house arrest' for the next month is daunting!!! So far, I've read 6 books, done a ton of Sudoku puzzles, and have surfed the Web so much I'm getting waterlogged I made DH take me for a drive 5 days ago, and that was great. Yesterday, a friend from work picked me up and I spent 3 hours sitting on her couch- what a godsend. She happened to be on vacation, and thought that I could use a change of scenery. She was RIGHT!!

DH and I are in the paperwork phase of the adoption process, so there is stuff that I can be doing, but I am so bored right now, I can barely focus. What are you ladies doing to pass the time?
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:48 AM

Glad to hear from everyone too. I had my staples taken out at the hospital and I guess I have internal stitches that dissolve. I have only had 2 bowel movements and have much gas pain. It also hurts to pee. My dr. that is normal unless it starts to burn when I pee then I could have an infection but he said my bladder and colon were touched and moved around a bit during surgery so it will hurt. I have found that when I have gas pain walking is the only thing that helps. I have the binder too from the hospital and it hurts not to wear it. Someone on here suggested asking for it at the hospital and I am so glad I did, it is different from the swelly belly band because it doesn't have to be wet.

Hang in there everyone...I believe the worst is over and we are going to start feeling better each day.
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:03 AM

JayHawk83, we had our surgery the same day and I know how you feel about new pains. I thought after the one week point I would be better than I am. I am doing much better than the first week of course but I still have pain and new pains, like stabbing pains near the incision site. Don't feel bad for not feeling like doing anything...you are not supposed to be doing anything...I know it is hard to relax and do nothing but remember our bodies need to heal and we cannot overdo it and do permanent damage. My mother did do too much too soon and ruined her bladder by lifting too much and ended up having to have bladder surgery because it fell! So please take it easy and do not lift or do too much.

And Wistful! Nice to hear from you, please don't do too much either. It sounds like you have already swept and done a few things too soon. It is hard I know when things have to be done. I guess I am very blessed to have my mom here to do everything. I have this swelly belly too, I have not gotten dressed yet, just wear nighties and robes and wear my binder.

My husband set the computer up high so I surf and write to you all since it hurts to much to sit.

Praying for all of you....we are over the worst of it!
Unread 04-05-2007, 11:36 AM

well, I am feeling better but I think I just over did it. We have our house up for sale and someone wanted to look at it with only 15 minutes notice. In the few minutes of scurring around straightening up the house I started bleeding again. The bleeding appears to have stopped again but I am kicking myself for screwing up. It is so hard not to do things now that I am starting to feel better. Please take care of yourselves and learn from my mistake.
Unread 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am feeling better today. Taking percocet every 4 hours has seems to alleviate the pain that at least it doesn't hurt so much when I urinate or have a bowel movement. I had a rough night last night. I couldn't get to sleep and moved from the couch in my husband's office to the chair downstairs to the couch downstairs. My husband found me at 2:00 a.m. and convinced me to try the bed which worked well. I think I rested much better last night after going to bed at 2:00 a.m.

Mountain Lady, I understand it is hard to not do things around the house, especially when trying to sell it. Hopefully you will not have to do this many more times and your house sells quickly. I am sending good thoughts and prayers to you.

Take care everyone.

ZFMM

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register