Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 83 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

ChargerGrl- welcome! I have that same overhang. My belly hangs over my incision like a man's beer belly hanging over his belt (or a teenaged girl wearing too tight/too low jeans- yikes!). Still, it is WAY too early to be complaining about the belly overhang, based on what I have read. You just had major surgery on your insides and they have a right to be swollen. Just take good care of yourself; that's probably the best thing you can do. I don't know how you rest with two little ones...must be at their naptimes. Again, welcome!

Wistful, it's funny...we all seem to have that same story of feeling better, doing a bit too much, then feeling more pain. Still, I've really noticed a difference in my internal incision pain. I'm feeling things I've not felt before, so I think nerves are reconnecting there (which is a good thing, of course). Did you start a new thread for work issues? Just wondering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Hi Melissa,

Yes, I am still very sore, especially if I have done a lot the day before. I think it is just the normal part of healing. Hang in there...

Judi
Unread 04-18-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFMM
Welcome GreaterJoy. You will find much comfort and information on this website. It is absolutely wonderful and the girls definately help you get through this time in your life. I don't know what I would have done without them!

You mentioned you are on cream. What type of cream are you using?

I went shopping yesterday for only one hour and then had class last night for three hours. I am so happy to be home today. I don't plan on doing very much today but make dinner. I really felt good and thought I could do all these things but again 1 step forward, two steps back.

I hope everyone had a restful night of sleep, especially Jay.

Take care everyone. Have a wonderful day.

Judi
I am taking a Bi-est cream (estradiol w/estriol) with progesterone and a touch of testosterone. It seemed to be helping at first but I'm starting to have more and more hot flashes/night sweats. I know my body needs to adjust so I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks before I talk to dr about adjusting dose. I don't believe in doing synthetic HRT although they did give me a patch right after surgery and I didn't have a single hot flash.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 01:04 PM

Oh, I had a tummy hangover *before* I went in. Right now, part of my incision is in the crease (yes, it's crooked) and having a bit of issues haling just right.

I was , well, not GLAD, but relieved ot hear my fellow sisters are as frustrated with this stage of recovery as I am. I need my brain back! I'm so tired today - I feel like I've stalled in recovery for three days, just getting no better. (No worse either.) There's nothing on tv, my house ... ugh, let's not go there... my head aches when it's not fuzzy, I'm at the point ibuprophen is not worth the brain fuzzies. I suppose the lack of constant pain should be a good thing. I still get twinges and of course, going to pee is still FUN. I can't sit or lay still long enough on the couch, I'm well enough I can't nap in daylight any more.

As you can see, I'm a cranky camper today.
Unread 04-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalife
I was , well, not GLAD, but relieved ot hear my fellow sisters are as frustrated with this stage of recovery as I am. (
I feel the same way! Why is it that we are all having these setbacks? Today, I went to the hairdresser 3 doors down from my house just to have a blow dry, and when I got home 30 minutes later, I was ready to drop dead! But I was expecting 9 guests (who kindly coordinated their get well visits)... As soon as they left, I had my jammies on and was in bed the rest of the day.

I have also been experiencing bouts of vertigo the past couple of days. Whenever I roll over on my left side, the room spins for a good 2-3 seconds. And this afternoon I got out of bed to go look out the window at this wild hailstorm we were having, and I literally fell right back on the bed from my head spinning so badly! What is that all about?
Unread 04-18-2007, 01:29 PM

I dunno! I haven't even been doing anything that requires more effort than sitting up. Sometimes I get my own food or wander around like I'm lost.
I do have stairs in my house though, so I go up & down them at least once.
Unread 04-18-2007, 01:30 PM

Hi, My three week anniversary is Thurs. I've been taking 1 magnesium 500 mg tablet twice a day along with putting Benefiber in applesauce and any other food I think it may dissolve in and that has really kept things moving along. I hope that helps someone, because so far for me that has been the issue that has caused me the most discomfort.
Unread 04-18-2007, 02:24 PM

Hey everyone with the belly overhang, I like to call mine my shelf!

After my outing yesterday, I have been down for the count today. I tried but dang, I am wiped out! I have been trying to keep up with everyone, but it's taking awhile. Welcome to all the newcomers, we are glad you found us!
Unread 04-18-2007, 02:58 PM

I guess that HysterSisters sounded better than BellyOverHang Club, for a website name.

Dreamcatcher- I know what you mean! I think we are recovering normally, but "normal" has its ups and down. I assume you've already talked to your doctor about the vertigo. Could be related to BP or something else. Be sure to check, sister.
Unread 04-18-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalife
Oh, I had a tummy hangover *before* I went in.

I need my brain back! There's nothing on tv, my house ... ugh, let's not go there... I still get twinges and of course, going to pee is still FUN. (
I also had tummy hangover B4 surgery! Sorry to those of you who are just getting it now.

I need my brain back, too. I have to write on the calendar when I take my pills, what my temp is and when I have a BM or I don't remember!

I went out to lunch today with a friend and I have to go to the dr's office tomorrow. I hope that doesn't set me back on Fri. I was supposed to go see Martina McBride, but I gave my ticket away , because it will be too much walking and I'm afraid someone will push against my belly. Besides, I don't want to be that far from home right now.

I was going to ask for more pain meds, but don't know if I should. I don't want them to tell me it's too far past surgery to need them, but how do they know how I feel inside. I do still get stabbing pains every now and again. I know it sounds strange, but when the nurse is cleaning out my incision wound, I feel it there and in my butt!

I've tried to do a little lite housekeeping here and there, but I am not doing laundry because it is in the basement and I REFUSE to carry it up and down when I have a 20 year old who should help out. I get a look of attitude everytime I ask her to do something, which isn't often because I hate the look so much. All I have asked for is some laundry (because I like to take a shower and put on clean clothes every day - is that too much to ask????) and to put out the garbage because it is too heavy for me to take it out of the can and carry outside. Oh and yes, I ask her once a week to carry the kitty litter box downstairs and empty it and then I wash it out. I'm having my sister-in-law come everyday to remove the poop because I know my daughter can't handle that. I have a very fussy cat that needs it done everyday (she'd like it to be 2 or 3 times a day I'm sure) or she poops elsewhere (usually on my bed!)

Jay - I'm glad you had a good sleep. I'm hoping after I'm off these antibioitics I can sleep through the night. I set my alarm clock every 6 hours, which includes a 2 a.m. wake up, to make sure I take them. Then I usually don't get back to sleep till 3:30.

to the newbies. You'll find this a very supportive group. I'm glad you joined us.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register