Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 85 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

I agree with jayhawk not much going on today. Yucky day. Don't want to do anything. Can't or don't want to scrapbook, cross stitch, crossword or anything. I got the slumps today. I don't even feel frisky like usually. Don't really feel like talking to anyone. Just one of those days

Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 06:13 PM

The tape over my bandages, which are over my incision problem, are hurting the most. Thank goodness my abdomen is still numb from teh surgery so that when the nurses change my bandages, it doesn't hurt as much. It does feel funny (strange) inside though!

I have 1 1/2 percocets left. One whole one for tonight to help me sleep and then 1/2 one before I go to the dr's. office. I hope they will consider giving me another script for them. And believe me I don't usually finish my pain meds after I've had surgery (gall bladder, c-section, pilonidal cyst) but this surgery is like no other. Right, sisters???
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lls41
Okay, how worse can this day get??? Had no sleep at all last night, cranky and achy today so I stayed in my pj's and didn't even have a shower. I do recall brushing my hair and teeth, but that's it. Then, after hubby leaves for his afternoon shift, the carbon monoxide detector goes off. Maybe just some accumulated kitty fur in it right (since I seem to be the only one who knows how to operate the vacuum), so clean it out, reset it and within a few minutes it goes off again...not just warning beeps, a continue "get out now" siren. Okay, so here comes the fire men (sadly not the ones from my calendar) but why does that happen when I'm at my scuzziest!!!
I'm sorry you are having such a crappy day. How true it is though about the vacuum cleaner. It would have been nice if you had a nice fireman to look at though.

Any reason why the detector went off other than to make your day worse than it was?

I hope tomorrow is a lot better for you.

P.S. My cat just coughed up a hairball for the second time today and no one else is home to pick it up but me. (I already bent over to pick up the first one) and I can't just leave it there. Although I would like to leave it for my DD to clean up. I guess the cat did that to let you know you are not alone in having a crappy day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Hi everyone, today was actually better for me because I am back on the meds that I took myself off of too early. I felt like walking, went outside and walked in the sunshine, had a nap. The all-bran my DH bought is working so I feel better in that way too.

We don't have t.v. so I have to live thru you all to keep up.

lls41 - I know how you feel about feeling scuzzy, the day I didn't even wash my face, several church people came over. The day I clean up real nice and put a fresh nightie and robe on, no-one comes by.

Have a good evening sisters!
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Good evening, ladies.

I hate to admit that I think my funk is directly related to the Va Tech tragedy. I get consumed by the emotion of it even though I go out of my way to avoid the storyline on tv and in other media forms. BUT... got several emails today with internet prayer chains, etc. and when I finally laid down to watch the news, it was on all 3 channels (of course - it's a top story!). I couldn't do it, so I turned the tv off and fell asleep until 8:00!!! I'll sure be up tonight for a while!

I hope that's not what's got y'all in the same funk I'm in. We need to snap out of it, chicks. Jen, go find your DH and bring back a report!!! The green-eyed monster needs a diversion! haha...

colls
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:04 PM

Spoiler alert! No names, but I am officially out of my funk now that American Idol is over!!! 2 nights in a row, America finally "got it" and started voting for talent not out of spite or for popularity!

YAY!!!!

colls
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:24 PM

I have to say I am so very Glad for this site ,my 3 week anniversary was Monday I guess I should visit this site more often ,I always seem to find my answers in everyone else's post ....I am tired of resting thought I dont like being stuck in the house so i have been out and about but I tell ya i pay when I decide to go out to t he store ..the next day i am soooo sore and tired ..I do see that most lady's are not on pain meds i think i need them still ..i can't take motrin so the vicadin relly helps take the edge off when i do hurt ..unfortunalty for me i only have a few left so i might have to grin and bear ...today has been a lazy day for me I did nothing all day keep havin those sharp shooting pains and my tummy hurts I was thinking maybe have done too much ( I am now thinking every one thinks that) the one thing I dont like is the rip like feeling i have from time to time I take it that also goes away with time ..any way I think i will check out this page more often ..
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:44 PM

well good to see im not the only one with the belly problem mine .looks like im 6 mo preg and still cant ware anything tight guess its been a good thing that it has been chilly here because warm ups have come in handy i do we all cant wait until we feel well i no most of us have been rushing things but we need to stop and look what our bodys has been thur i had a lady come up to me at church sunday she ask oh are you i said well im still having some pain and still sore she looks at me and says well i thought you we be up and runing by now i just had to bite my toung people heal differnt lets all just keep each other in our prayers lord knows we need them
Unread 04-18-2007, 08:57 PM

lil sassy, I had one person mention I should be up and running in no time at all....it is frustrating! I gently reminded her that the Dr. says I have much internal healing to do from my Major Surgery and he won't let me work for 6-8 weeks. But I know how you feel and many of the sisters on here have already been doing too much....take it easy ladies...please, we only get one chance to heal properly(read that on another post...good advice).

I sort of felt guilty for doing nothing and just being pampered but then when I read posts from my sisters here who have done too much and they are sorry it reminds me that we really do need to listen to our Dr. and our individual bodies as we heal.

Yesterday was 3 weeks for me, I still have not went upstairs or lifted anything heavier than my coffee mug. I did fall once and that set me back a bit. I still haven't gotten dressed either because the sooner I do the sooner I will do something. I am blessed to have a DH that is pampering me well. I am praying for you sisters that are not getting all the help you so deserve.
Unread 04-18-2007, 09:10 PM

I posted new development on recovery thread but because of the severity, a hostess started a new thread for me. Here's my new development:
Most of the afternoon I had a headache. Around 7:00 my vision went crazy. I had a blurry "v" in my left eye that would not leave. I had trouble focussing and part of my perifrial vision was gone. I took my blood pressure, 139/99, heart rate 95. So I thought maybe the vision trouble was because of my b.p. Also, I read on another thread that lack of estrogen can cause vision trouble. Well, the blurry "v" is gone, and my vision has returned to "normal". I have been monitoring my blood pressure hourly. No change, well a little 138/100. I took my IB800 at 8:30 and am getting ready to take my Tylenol PM - hoping to sleep through this. Several Hostesses have replied on my thread and wanted me to call dr. now or go to ER. Since my vision is better and I'm planning on sleeping, I'm waiting until the morning to call the dr. I'm sure she'll want to see me. I did promise the Hostess Sisters that if anything else occured during the night, DH would take me to the Castle E.R. I'll keep you posted. I hope everyone gets a good nights sleep!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register