Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 95 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Vent away sisters. It makes me know that I am not alone in what's going on in my house.

I was fearing this situation (me being unable to do things at home) but I thought it would be because I was in a hospital due to a nervous breakdown. I have a 73 year old mom who is unable to do a lot (and part of that is due to the words "I can't" being in her vocabulary when SHE CAN) and 20 year old daughter who is too **** lazy to do anything (plus "it's all about her) so the responsibility of the housework falls on me. As you all know. one person cannot keep up with 3 (or 4 or 5) people's dishes, laundry, etc and work 40 hours a week! (Did i just vent??? LOL)

Luckily my mom has been doing some of those things she thought she could not and I have a wonderful brother and sister-in-law who help with some daily chores around here. They came over unexpectedly today (they went to PA yesterday and stayed overnight) to ask if I needed any help and of course I did. I can't tell you how much it helped to brighten my day.

Well thanks for letting me vent also. I need to get some sleep now.

Keeping all of you in my prayers and praying we all get a little better day by day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 05:08 AM

Rocky56,
I have had more pain on the lower left side but I also had my left Ovary removed so thought that was the reason. I also noticed He did a much neater, tighter job of stitching me up on the left side so maybe there is a little more internal pulling on that side as well. whatever the reason it does hurt more onthe left.
Unread 04-23-2007, 06:41 AM

Good morning sisters, Its been a while since my last post but I was just wondering how many were still having spotting??? I had quit for about 3 days and today I have started again. Its bright red not like the old blood. Just wondering. I also have pain on the left side but I think mine is where I developed an abcess after surgery.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 07:22 AM

I.M. Irish - good for you for responding with a "yes" when asked by your brother and his wife if you needed any help. That's often hard to do.

JayHawk - I've been working on scrapbooks, too. I also have a DD graduating in one year and the pressure of the celebration/party/motherly duties are blowing on my face full force.

The teenager responsibility chart in our house in also undergoing retooling. I got, maybe, two weeks of "let's help out mom" from my teens. I think, though, expecting sympathy is not the same as demanding equal help in the household.
Unread 04-23-2007, 08:39 AM

I went back after 1 week to take stitches out and up hormone medicine...then went back next week to regular dr to see how the sleeping pills are affecting me....then I go tomorrow to see if we need to adjust the hormones again.......
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM

Sisters in my surgery week that kept their ovaries... have you had to have hormonal therapy, temporary, until your ovaries wake up? Or discussed it with your doctor? I'm discussing that with my dr. on Friday. While I was still in the Castle, she said if I have trouble with my hormones we might try the patch until my ovaries wake up.
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:46 AM

well im still haveing gas to and its been 4 weeks they took all my parts im still have some pain and soreness but i did have bleeding when i went in for my sug but have not had any after it feels funny not to bleed in 4 weeks as before it was for 25 days and stop for 4 days ans start back hyst might not be so bad after all i keep teling my self that i go back for 6 week check up may 1 on my birthday
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:24 AM

What a difference a week makes! I feel completely different from last week. My pain has changed to stinging, kinda irritated pain along the
internal incision. Funny...it feels like I got a very big cut that is now healing! LOL

My energy is so much higher now. Even when I need to rest my belly, I don't always fall asleep. I usually nap once a day now, instead of twice. I also feel like my head is clearing a bit, but I suppose that's a subjective opinion.

I'm working every day from home, but at my own pace and comfort. I will go in once again later this week to take care of tasks I can't do at home, but it will only be for two hours or so. I won't be walking to the cafeteria this time, since I'll be driving myself and need to ration energy for the (very short) drive home.

My doctor's appointment is on Friday, so I'd better start my list of questions. My ovary seems to be working well, as far as I can tell. Time will tell if the painful cyst problem continues. The only concern I have right now is changing pigmentation on my jawline. I haven't mentioned it before, but it actually started before my surgery. Most of you know I lost 35 pounds in preparation for my surgery (and for my life after surgery). Estrogen levels increase during weight loss (it's stored in fat cells) and can cause this pigment change (just like the "mask of pregnancy" you may have heard about). It has gotten worse since my surgery and I am supposed to locate a dermatologist to address the problem.
Unread 04-23-2007, 11:10 AM

TK, you are so right. I get lots of sympathy from my 17 year old son, just not alot of help with the household chores! Luckily my DH has been picking up the slack for the most part.
Jayhawk - if you think you're behind in your scrapbook, my son is 17 and right now he's about 2 1/2 in his scrapbook so you are way ahead of me!
I'm finding it hard to put my mind on anything today, lots I want to do but can't find the energy to start. DS has a ballgame this afternoon and I was secretly wishing for rain so I didn't have to get dressed, but looks like he'll get the game in before the rain, so it looks like I better go find something other than pj's to put on! Have a great day everyone.
Unread 04-23-2007, 11:12 AM

haven't had any hormonal treatments and I don't want any. The hotflashes and night sweats are slowing down so I think my remaining ovary is starting to work a little. I was really undecided about leaving the ovary because I have endo but the doctor felt that I was too young for menopause and the benefits outweighed the risk. I hope I don't have to have it removed later.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register