Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 98 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

I did laundry all day all by myself and hung it out on the line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.Irish
Paul ran into Allison and asked her to say something for him. I'm not sure if he's remembering her from one of her adult films or not.
Paul wanted her to repeat "I know what you did". Then as she walked off, he whispered "Rosanna". Then, in the previews he mentioned something about giving Craig something to remember. ??? My guess is he and Meg are trying to run Craig out of town - maybe they are going to use Allison somehow as Rosanna and drive him insane? There's some connection there, it hasn't clicked totally for me yet!
AND with Elwood, Gwen and Will ran into him later at the bookstore after Gwen bought the other version of the book than what Cleo told him. Elwood asked her if she changed clothes because he could have sworn he saw her earlier and she was wearing something else. The preview was Jade telling Cleo to break up Will and Gwen.
Poor Maddie & Casey - lovers torn apart! They have a few days together before he goes away - will they get married? pregnant? Something's gonna happen there, too.
When I miss an episode, I go to cbs website(cbs.com), the "daytime" link, then which ever soap I want to know about. They have updates, previews, archives and all kinds of stuff there.
B&B - yeah, Nick's gonna catch the blame for this one. I don't know how the rest is going to play out. Who will Taylor end up with and Brooke. I was a bit surprised to see Nick at Brooke's door, though.
On a "real life" note - I took a walk around the block tonight with one of my friend hystersisters. I did okay until I got to my neighbors driveway. Then the pulling and burning on the left side kicked in. My rear end hurts from the walk, too. I'm so out of shape! However, I am very tired - not drug enduced! I'm going to bed! Night-nite Sisters. Sleep tight!
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:24 PM

I loaded and unloaded dishwasher, fixed myself some lunch and took a walk around the block today! A little pulling and burning at the very end of my walk - it was time to stop! I'm surprised I made it that far!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 09:25 PM

I did some house cleaning also ,nut I dont htink i could have hung close out on the line it hurts for me to strech like that ...today was a good day but i do have some pain but it sill was good to clean up

im glad most of you are doing well
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:56 PM

I think they should have a hysterectomy storyline and let stuff like your "real life" events play out for like 3 days -- like weddings and 4th of July parties -- for one character and another character's six week recovery take like 4 days, like college does for those pre-pubescent actors they send away and bring back as full grown sexual men!!!

I love soap opera land. I've never followed the website updates. I get to watch bits of Y&R, B&B and ATWT 3 or 4 times a week with our lunch bunch at work and can catch up that way. I try to time my lunch at 1:15 so I get 15 mins of Y&R, all of B&B and 15 mins of ATWT. Works for me. I don't ever get to watch GL when working, so these past 4 weeks have been a treat. I'll miss it for a bit when I go back, but 2 or 3 years from now, I'll be able to catch an episode and get brought up to speed!

If I can bring myself in from the sunshine tomorrow, I'll watch. It's gonna be a beautiful day here. Need a souvenir tan from my leave of absence!!!
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Expectations of others - argh!

I've been feeling SO much better the past few days, but I still tire easily. No pain, mostly just a little stinging or burning. I've tried to continue to take it easy and not lift or strain, although my activity is returning more near "normal". However, I'm really irritated with my mom and a few co-workers. Maybe it's because I feel guilty that I'm not further along with my recovery. I shouldn't be ill, because I know they care about me, and are only concerned.

Yesterday, I drove my truck (a stick shift) for the first time, and I could feel it "pull" when I pushed in the clutch. This didn't hurt, it just felt weird. I had a mammogram appt., and hubby wanted the tires rotated on my truck, so I went by the tire store first. After the mammo, I went to a clothing store and shopped for some larger size clothes (I still haven't lost the belly, and can't stand the thought of this Thursday riding in a vehicle an hour and a half, and flying over 2 hours on a plane in tight pants). Shopping for a larger size is depressing enough, but I started getting really shaky after about 30 minutes. I still had two other errands, and wondered if I would even be able to drive myself home. When I called my mom to tell her I was on the way home, she said she just didn't understand why I was still so tired (she had a TAH when she was 35, but she's 62 now). I'm almost 10 years older than she was when she had her surgery, and she didn't have to go back to work (she never worked outside the home). Part of my being "tired" is emotional, I'm sure, plus I already have problems with depression. Anyway, guess I'm a little disappointed that I'm still struggling and not feeling like "me" yet.

Still lots of problems with digestive system...tons of gas as a result of eating large amounts of fiber to keep everything "soft". The rectocele doesn't appear to be any better, but I'll know more tomorrow when I go for my 4 week check up.

Going this morning for a haircut and highlights (if my hairdresser thinks it's okay since I just had surgery 4 weeks ago). Hopefully, that will help me to feel better about myself.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to get online again this afternoon and read the recent posts to catch up.

Mona
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:57 AM

Good morning my Sisters,

I am continuing to do well. I am still having some minor pain in my left side (the bigger of the incisions), still find that I get SO tired after not much, and still struggling with regularity. My doctor said that I should not be having any issues, that my system should be back on track. He also told me that I shouldn't be having hot flashes either. Well, maybe I shouldn't be but I AM! I am not on any HRT because I still have both ovaries.

I am feeling pressure from those around me to get back to it, grrrrr. Apparently telling them that the dr released me was a mistake, grrrr. That kind of "support" has not been the greatest for trying to maintain when the hormonal issues are flaring. Anyway, like the rest of you, I am trying to get back to my normal life.

I did hit a milestone -- got "back in the saddle". I was worried, felt a bit like a v*rgin, and it was OK at best. We were using some of the warming l*be and it burned so we stopped. I assume that there was/is still some irritation that did not appreciate the l*be. Fortunately, I did not bleed at all, which I know can happen afterwards.

I have been SO fortunate. I wish I could make things better for those of you that are still having issues. (((((Gentle hugs for my Sisters)))))

It does seem that the reduced activity has aggrivated my neck, shoulder, and back issues. The chiropractor is helping and hopefully getting back in the gym will help. Going to the gym this morning feels like another milestone to me.

Wistful, and anybody else struggling with depression, please don't ignore your depression. I know it can go along with this kind of surgery but there are things that can help -- in addition to this wonderful site I mean. ;-)

Hugs, as always,
Kathy
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:18 AM

Wistful wrote: "...I started getting really shaky after about 30 minutes. I still had two other errands, and wondered if I would even be able to drive myself home. When I called my mom to tell her I was on the way home, she said she just didn't understand why I was still so tired..."

Wow, can I ever relate to you! My mom basically said the same exact thing to me regarding my pain (abdomen and back). She never had my surgery, but she did have a breast reduction at around my age, so she should remember how very painful that recovery was.) My doctor and a few friends keep me sane by reminding me of the 6 week (minimum) recovery. I don't blame her; she isn't trying to be mean. I think its human nature to not understand how someone feels when they look fine on the outside. Part of me resents having to advocate for myself, but who else will do it?!? I'm making mental notes to make sure to reach out to others in a similar situation in the future. One good trick is to somehow bring up my 12" internal incision into the conversation - no one wants to hear about that one!!!! LOL Another trick is to wear the swelly belly band over my clothes, for all to see. Or maybe I should take a photo of my incision and make it into a photo button to wear...

Kathy - Thanks for the reminder that even when the doctor clears us for normal activities, we won't just be able to jump back into things. I'm guessing full recovery takes much long, with lots of baby steps.

To all my HysterSisters- Kathy mentioned that burning/stinging in the belly. That is really bothering me lately! It feels like I have a giant bee sting on my belly. I'm sure this is totally normal, although I will mention it to the doctor. I was just wondering if others with an abdominal incision have noticed this.
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:32 AM

Today will be a dreary day for me. No going outside = chance of thunderstorms all day! Right now it's gray and dreary looking. I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance. Some severe storms later this afternoon. Good sleeping day!

Yesterday I may have over-did it on the walk! This morning my body aches - you know, the "good" kind of hurt. But my right side feels like I have a catch in it, it won't go away. Maybe it will work itself out. It feels like when I was in junior high running track - I couldn't because of my side! Something about lactic acid??? Don't know if that's the problem now, but it feels the same.

Today I have to update the activity calendar (DD got band schedule for May), fold a load of laundry, do dishes, and maybe do some scrapbooking - OH and watching B&B, ATWT and Reba! And Idol tonight! Wow, that sounds busy not that I've written it down.

I'm having an annual birthday lunch with my Dad's family this weekend. We're supposed to bring pix of grandparents and parents so we can put them on discs and share. I asked DH to bring my Dad's box of pix up from the basement last night so I could go through them. Didn't happen. He wasn't feeling well - maybe tonight. But I am really looking forward into digging in and looking at them. I haven't done that in years!

Sisters have a good day! Enjoy the sunshine if you get to!
Unread 04-24-2007, 11:18 AM

At 4 weeks PO, I'm doing just about anything I want, except for heavy lifting and working out, which I am desperate to get back to. I drive my son to and from school every day, I shop, do laundry, make the bed, cook dinner, etc. Things are going very well.
I did however suffer a little setback yesterday. I don't really know what happened but last night I was in pain!
The only thing that comes to mind is that I sneezed really hard a few times yesterday (springtime, ugh!) and maybe I pulled something? It did hurt pretty bad each time. Oh well. I rested last night and this morning and now I feel fine again. No bleeding or anything so I guess it's just one of those healing things!

You may remember a few weeks ago I asked for advice about going on my son's band trip which is coming up this week. I decided not to go, which I think is a good decision. Although I am doing just about all the normal things, I know I am not "there" yet. Sitting on a bus, albeit a very nice charter bus, for 5 hours would not be my idea of a fun time right now! Good advice sisters! Thanks!

Keep hanging in there everybody!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register