Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 99 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

OK - back inside from an hour + in the hot, hot sun!!! Plenty of vitamin D and just in time to see Sharon admit to Jack that she slept with Brad in NY (Y&R) and B&B will be on momentarily! My next 2 hours are set.....

chat later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 12:02 PM

OK - I can't take Brooke today and the Ridge murder story is gonna drive me nuts. I was touched by Nick's decision and his moment with Taylor after she found out she couldn't have kids after all. He said "I'm in love with YOU not your ovaries!" I must be making progress - I didn't cry! I hate that he's gonna get pegged for Shane's murder and Ridge is gonna get off scott-free (most likely). I'd have liked to have seen Rick/Pheobe today.

OK... on to ATWT...

colls
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

My imagination is running away with me... I thought maybe Bridget was lying to Taylor to drive Nick back to her mom or back to her... can she still have kids? I'm bored right now with the Ridge/Shane story. It's been a long day on B&B - they need to go to bed and start a new day!!
I'm lovin' Gwen on ATWT today!!! And the Allison storyline is interesting, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 12:47 PM

I'm with ya'! Sometimes these days can drag on for weeks! And I especially love it when years fly by in months!

I'm digging the Allison storyline, too. But I liked the original Allison actress better. I think you (or whoever said it) are right about why the switch and that Paul's gonna try to use her "as Rosanna" to mess with Craig. We'll see!

colls
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colls
I'm with ya'! Sometimes these days can drag on for weeks! And I especially love it when years fly by in months!

I'm digging the Allison storyline, too. But I liked the original Allison actress better. I think you (or whoever said it) are right about why the switch and that Paul's gonna try to use her "as Rosanna" to mess with Craig. We'll see!

colls
I liked today how Meg was on the phone with Paul "I need to see you" then they fade to her in the car with Paul. Light speed ahead!! Can't wait to see how is going to mess with Craig! I was somewhat disturbed when Allison started "performing" in front of her sister! I'm glad she came to her senses and the sisterly love came pouring out!
I have to go with DS to the eye dr. this afternoon. He got sawdust in his eye on Sunday and is now agreeable to go to the eye dr. He didn't want to take time out of his "busy" social schedule. Well, he's gonna make time because "I said so"!
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk83
He didn't want to take time out of his "busy" social schedule. Well, he's gonna make time because "I said so"!
I love it! That's how DKs are though.

Mom and I went and did some banking today. I also moved laundry from washer to dryer that DD (she is helping a bit more) brought downstairs and put in washer. After coming back from banking, I took a two hour nap! DD and I will do some grocery shopping tonight. Mom and I did a bit of shopping last week, but I need so much more and I don't want her packing and unpacking the car with the amount of groceries I will need. I'll probably need a nap after that, too.

Jay, I like your take on the storyline with Paul and Allison. I guess I must have missed more than I thought.

Question: How do you get cut raw onions not to smell up the fridge? I have put them in Ziploc bags and plastic containers and have smelled onion when I have opened the fridge. I know about baking soda and do have a box opened in each. It just upsets me because I drink a lot of ice water and have an automatice ice maker and when the freezer smells of onions so do the ice cubes!
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:57 PM
3 1/2 weeks check up.

Well finally had a normal check up today. After being readmitted twice since the surgery and spending a total of 9 days in the castle with IV antibiotics, I was beginning to wander about returning to normal. Doc is very cautious with me since the infection. Everything was great. He did a pelvic exam and kept asking me to forgive him. Actually he was very gentle. He said things are healing nicely and that it was up to me if he would release me in 6 weeks. Basically it is my choice, but I would be out of 2 weeks pay if I take longer. Today
I feel pretty good. A little weak here at dinner time, but better than yesterday. I haven't taken pain meds in over a week. I only napped for 1/2 hour today. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow all day,maybe catch up on some sleep. The only real complaint is lack of energy, but after my septic infection I guess it is to be expected. Doc said I should get better every day!!!
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:23 PM

I think I pushed it last night and the pain today is worse than it's been in days! ugh!
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKls2myhrt
To all my HysterSisters- Kathy mentioned that burning/stinging in the belly. That is really bothering me lately! It feels like I have a giant bee sting on my belly. I'm sure this is totally normal, although I will mention it to the doctor. I was just wondering if others with an abdominal incision have noticed this.
I've been having the stinging sensation, too, above my incision. I have found that some of the numbness is going away, too. I tell myself that the stinging sensation is nerves healing.

I'm glad to hear other Sisters venting about how others can't understand why you're not 100% yet! A friend of mine called over the weekend and wanted me to meet her for dinner. I told her I had hyster 3 + weeks ago and I really wasn't up to it yet, plus, at that time my blood pressure was high. She had a TVH awhile back and it only took her a couple of weeks to get back to normal. She was really surprised to hear I wasn't doing normal activities yet. I explained to her that I had abdominal surgery and hers was vaginal, there is a difference in recovery time. Her response was "Yeah...but still!" That ticked me off. People recover differently at different paces.

Today marks 4 weeks for me. I have felt pretty good except for this "catch" in my right side that won't go away today. I think I over-did my walk last night. My dr. was right on the money - she said at 4 weeks I will feel like doing normal activities but I still need to rest for an additional 2 weeks. Today I took DS to eye dr. and then to the store/pharmacy to get script filled for him. I did light shopping for 15 minutes. I was wiped out and had 2 hot flashes while I was out!
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:13 PM

Just checking in to say "hello." I started back to work fulltime yesterday at a new job. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since surgery!

I'm feeling pretty good and have handled the first two full days pretty well. DH will be on evening shift for the next 4 weeks ... at first I was bummed about that but now I realize it's a good thing. I don't have to fix dinner or do anything in the evening. My boys and I can eat simple stuff for dinner, and I can go to bed early and listen to music while I go to sleep. I'm calling this "Recovery - Stage 2."

Since I'm feeling well enough to work everyone (DH and DS's) think I should be back to doing everything at home too. NOT! I told them the only way I can work all day is if I don't do anything else. Maybe that will buy me a few more weeks? I hope?!?

Still waiting for the afternoon "swelly belly" to go away. I start out in the morning wearing clothes that fit and by 2 pm they're tight. I'm careful not to eat very much so it has to be because of the surgery.

It's still early, but I'm off to a warm bath and bed. That's the only way I'll be able to pull this off for the first couple of weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register