"theme song" thread helping decrease my fear | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"theme song" thread helping decrease my fear "theme song" thread helping decrease my fear

Unread 03-27-2007, 01:17 AM
"theme song" thread helping decrease my fear

I have to admit I am very afraid for surgery on Friday. I was reading different threads on the message boards today and found one about "theme songs" that different people have. I went to buy an ipod shuffle tonight and am downloading many of these songs to take with me for surgery. They are definitely helping me feel better tonight while listening to them. I hope it will work to help me be calm after surgery until I can get back home to comfortable surroundings once again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 01:49 AM

Hi Aurwhe
I loaded lots of "spa" music onto my MP3 player and a meditation dialogue (yoga nidra relaxation). It was wonderful for calming me pre and post op in the hospital. Whatever works for you! Music feeds the soul.
Wishing you calm and positive healing.
MP.
Unread 03-27-2007, 04:51 AM

Hi Aurwhe,
I am also having surgery the 30th and too am quite nervous. The music downloads are a great idea...Will be thinking of you and your surgery!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 08:19 AM

Hi, Megapixel, This is the first time I've written a reply on this board, and I hope I've done it right as I'm pretty bad at computers. It was so great to hear from you with encouragement. I am glad that you are done with your surgery and hope that you are doing much better by now! aurwhe
Unread 03-27-2007, 08:23 AM

What were those songs listed under? I'd love to see it! What a great idea! Good luck with everything!
Unread 03-27-2007, 08:25 AM

Hi, Gingertaylor, Once again I hope that I am doing this reply right. Good luck to you on Friday! I will be thinking of you! I am planning on asking for medication to relax on Friday as soon as I can. Unfortunately I've had lots of surgeries before, and I'm always very afraid beforehand, but feel much better when I am on the healing side. I'm a natural "chicken" I guess. Oh well, that is why I am trying different things to calm down. I hope that the next few days before surgery go well for you!
Unread 03-27-2007, 08:41 AM

Hi diverchick, I am so glad for you that you are done with your surgery according to your post. I hope you are doing better every day. I just double checked again to find the right way to get to the theme song thread. Under the "search" at the top for all of the forums, I typed in theme song . The thread is called Do you have a theme song? The initial date is 2/04/07. Once again I hope I am answering you in the right way as I don't feel like I know what I'm doing on the computer very well. I hope that you can enjoy the music as much as I have.
Unread 03-28-2007, 05:30 AM

You are doing well posting..All your messages are coming up great! I too will be asking for something to calm me down ASAP..It's still 2 days before and I know my blood pressures up. I've been playing a lot of music and singing/dancing around the house to get rid of some of the anxiety...It seems to help.....Best wishes and my prayers to you on Friday......
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:55 AM

Well I can tell you right now my theme song when I am on this site is:

We are family, I got all my sisters with me!

I don't know who sings that song and for all I know that is not even the right words! LOL But that is the song that popped in my head when I read this thread.

I too am so computer challenged but I think I might have my son hook me up with some tunes on an Ipod or even some cd's. I can't focus long enough to read now and I know I won't be able to once on drugs. Music does feed the soul as someone said in a post. I hadn't given this much thought but now this is my mission for today!

Sandra
Unread 03-28-2007, 02:05 PM

To Gingertaylor, thanks so much for the post. You brightened up my day. I was up all night last night crying because of a phone call I got from my surgeon's office yesterday. The nurse had a very nasty attitude, and it was hard for me to take. I called off of work this evening for my last scheduled day before surgery and spent the day calming down. I feel sorry for my dh though who heard me pacing around last night and then had to go to work this am. I found out that I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am on Friday for surgery. I am going to be thinking of you until we get through this surgery. Take care of yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register