Bladder infection = bladder spasms? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder infection = bladder spasms? Bladder infection = bladder spasms?

Unread 06-15-2001, 05:37 PM
Bladder infection = bladder spasms?

Hi, all,

Guess what?!!! I got a call this morning from my doctor's office - I was in last week - Wednesday, the 6th - and gave a urine specimen to test for a bladder infection. Gee whiz, they call me ~9~ days later and tell me I do have a bladder infection!!! Do ya think I've just developed this infection recently or do ya think it's been around since I had the catheter in - oh, some 3 weeks ago?!!!

Does a bladder infection contribute to bladder spasms? I still have nasty spasms, I'm hoping once I get these antibiotics into my system, the spasms will improve!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2001, 05:40 PM

Jodi - Wow, that sure took them long enough to get back with you. I don't have an answer for you but wanted to suggest checking in search engine at the top and search by keywords "bladder infection" and/or "bladder spasms"...that will give you some posts to read while waiting for other replies.
Unread 06-15-2001, 09:53 PM

Jodi, since you had an AH, your bladder was pushed and shoved around during surgery to get at your uterus. For this reason, bladder spasms are very common and take time to recede.

I can't say how the bladder infection may have happened. I do know that some bladder infections cause bladder spasms, depending on the infection. A good number of things, including bladder injuries, also cause bladder spasms. Just be sure to sit on the commode for a minute or two longer to allow your bladder to empty completely until your bladder spasms recede. Drink plenty of water and other fluids and avoid carbonated drinks.

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2001, 11:35 PM
We love you

Dear Jodi,

I am so sorry to hear about your trouble. I really hope that you have gotten some help from your suffering and that you feel better really soon.

You have had such a wonderful outlook, and you were suffering so much. It is like that St. Bernadette movie with Jennifer Jones. You had all this pain and never complained. Please get well. You did not deserve this. You have suffered enough. Please heal and
get better so you can go shopping.
We love you. Margo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register