April Fools Sunday April 1st | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April Fools Sunday April 1st April Fools Sunday April 1st

Unread 04-01-2007, 04:14 AM
April Fools Sunday April 1st

Good morning all Best friends. I'm headed off to work again. I have all of my food packed again today, and I will stay OP with water. I hope to get in walks again today at work like yesterday, but we'll see how that goes. You never can tell. Hope everyone has a nice day. I'll check in later.
Yvonne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 04:16 AM

Hi again, I forgot to mention that the 1 pound I had regained is gone again. Yeh!! Now I'm back to 10 1/2 pounds gone. Now, it would be nice to get past that point!
Yvonne
Unread 04-01-2007, 05:10 AM

Good morning Yvonne & the rest of the BEST following!
Hope no one gets April fooled today. :jackbox: It's also Palm Sunday. DH has to be at church early since there will be communion service today. He will leave soon but I get to wait til 9 to leave.
Food, let's see...I'm OP so far 'cause I've not been in the kitchen yet! Will have Steel cut oats, banana & tea...sound familiar?
Lunch -it would be nice if we went out, but I need to be back at church by 3 so that is questionable. Will actually attend the Easter production tonight after I finish applying makeup to folks.

I did so good last night and did not touch the cookies!

Ohio State won last night so plays in the Final Four Finals...go Buckeyes!
Need to get ready-have a good day all.
Ali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 06:53 AM

Good morning all,
I had an aweful night last night. I did do some of my list yesterday, but not nearly as much as I had planned. Arm was bothering me and left breast was acting up so lifting anything was out of the question. I supervised DS 16 laying some mulch in one of the gardens and then went with DH to the Home Depot to get a new edger as ours died
DS then decided we needed to take him to his favorite mexican restaurant for all his hard work - so off we went before the basketball games. I was a good girl - this restaurant knows us as we go there all the time so they grill a chicken breast for me and cover it with a piece of cheese and warm some salsa and put it on the side so I can either dip the chicken in it or spread it on top of the chicken and then instead of the spanish rice and refried beans which I never eat they steamed some broccoli and carrots for me. Twas great.
Today is church, a trip to Sam's, a trip to Borders to pick up a book they needed to order for DS and then home to continue on my list and for DH to work on tiling,and DS's to work on the list I made for them (if they made a list it would consist of going to the movies, watching sports on tv, playing video games, my space, ) sometimes its hard to tell which one is 29 and which one is 16.
Food today - breakfast right now is just hot tea - food is iffy as I am deciding on taking something for pain.
Lunch will be some cottage cheese and pineapple
Dinner will be chicken with a vegetable and 3 sweet potatos and 1 baked potato (yes I converted DH, DS29 and of course I eat sweet potatos all the time DS16 still likes his baked potatos - that's ok though - they are filled with potassium and he needs that with as much as he sweats playing basketball.
Congrats to all the OSU fans on the big basketball win. I am still holding out for the next 2 years with UNC when those 3 freshman and 2 sophs get better and better and not only win the national championship but also go for a threepeat!!!!!!! tee hee.
I found the cutest plastic easter eggs for my DS16 - instead of them being eggs they are plastic basketballs that I filled with jelly beans. cute ha!
Lynn
Unread 04-01-2007, 08:46 AM

Morning BESTers

Palm Sunday already. Amazing that the calander just marches on then surprises me when I look at the dates. Hoping you have a blessed day weither you celebrate these holidays or not.

Bkft: oatmeal w/raisins, hot tea - sounds familiar Ali
Lunch: looking forward to more of my salad
Dinner: we going to neighbors b-day party, don't know what's being served

I'm planning on putting out my easter decorations. I haven't felt like doing much like that since my brother passed and w/my dad's problems. This will help me get back to more normal I think and cheer me up. :cherrl:

Lynn - I actually slept 8 hr last night stright (with meds) - my normal is 6 broken (w/meds) lately. So I feel much better. hope your arm/breast feels better today. Lists, funny how men's never are prioritized like ours are... LOL

Yvonne - good job on the disappearing pound. Have a great day at work.

Ali - great willpower! I have a hard time resisting cookes also - I'd take cookies/cake over ice cream every time.

I'm off to get busy and decorate my house. I've already thrown in a load of . Only 2 more to go. Never ending....

Hi's to all who follow,
M.
Unread 04-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Thumbs up - April Fools Sunday April 1st April Fools Sunday April 1st

Good Sunday afternoon everyone

Today's our "unofficial" anniversary... so DH & I went out to brunch. I just love this one restaurant... food is healthy & good. I opted for the turkey chili w/ a side salad... DH had a regular breakfast.

And... I think I'll follow up on PJ's idea of posting after exercising... I completed 30 mins on the treadmill today (interval workout) and just came back from walking the dogs.

I'm doing well on the water... and has been completed -- lots of good veggies/fruits Dinner will be a chef's salad -- I bought no salt turkey & low salt ham for the salad as well as Cabot's 75% fat free cheese.

Lynn... thanks for all the great suggestions --nutritional and exercise Hope you are feeling better today & your "to-do" list has some items marked off.

Melissa... enjoy the bday party!!

Ali... what a great way to exercise by taking DgD with you... good habit for the little one.

Yvonne... hope you had a good work day, and congrats on the pound gone!!

Ok... off to relax some before getting dinner together. I'm off to get back into my book -- Eragon -- and enjoy a restful Sunday. Just what I needed to recharge my batteries.

Unread 04-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Happy Sunday evening, BEST friends! I walked the pups this morning and then went shopping for my parents then went to get Dad up and bathed and dressed and breakfasted - he said he wanted something sweet, so I gave him a whole wheat waffle with cottage cheese and strawberries (some were lightly sweetened, but not all) and some Lite whipped cream-like food product. I had a similar breakfast but then I worked in the kitchen most of the afternoon getting veggies grilled and more strawberries cleaned and dried, then helped Mom with some of her needepoint and then it was 3 and I had to head home to do the same stuff at home. Raining, though, and chores, so didn't s this afternoon. Made a nice salad for DH LT for his dinner and my lunch tomorrow, and I'm sitting in bed now. It's 7, and lights out are at 8, so it was a very busy day and now I have to relax as fast as I can to fall asleep and be ready for tomorrow I liked it better when the home health aide came on Sunday one time, and I did the Saturday with Dad. Then I was able to rest on Sunday. Oh well. I'm glad to have the time to spend with them. My mother apologises daily for all the time we put in with them, but I see no need for apology. I'm really glad they are here, and glad that we can help.

You all sound good, Emily waiting impatiently, Yvonne that pound, Melissa, making plans to be good - you will win the battle with those few remaining pounds!! Ali, really on passing the cookies up. Sue, happy unofficial anniversary! Sounds like you handled today beautifully! Lynn, I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the plug for regular white potatoes because I really prefer them

See you all tomorrow ~
Unread 04-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Good evening all Best friends I'm finally home from work. What a busy day. But it went by so fast! I worked 6:45am-10:30am in ICU, then 10:30-3:15 on Medsurg floor, then 3:15-7:15pm in pediatrics I only got in one 15 minute walk today, bummer. Yesterday I got 2 walks in, but today was alot busier. I'll have to settle for 1 15minute walk today. Water was OP. I had 140 oz of water today, I think I'm swimming Food was OP.
Before work: 1 cup special k with light soy milk, 1 cup light chocolate soy milk, cup coffee w/cream and sugar.
Snack: soy yogurt.
Lunch: Tossed salad: mixed greens, carrots, strawberries, craisins, walnuts, ff ranch dressing.
Snack: mini ww bagel w/tunafish.
Supper: cup navy bean soup, 1 tbsp peanutbutter on 1 graham cracker.

Desk: Hello. I know its raining out here too! What a yucky day. It's suppose to rain here all week long.

Sue: Good job walking on the treadmill. I'm going to walk on my treadmill tomorrow. I can't wait. I don't work tomorrow, but I do have alot to do. I need to go to the bank, insurance company, car dealer, grocery store, and I need to walk on the treadmill.

Melissa: I hope you got all your Easter decorating done. I need to go shopping tomorrow and buy goodies to mail my son in arizona a easter package.

Lynn: I hope your day was better. I hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry you are in so much discomfort.

Ali: Hope you had a good day. Hope your Easter production was was good.

I'm getting sleepy. So I'm going to try to stay awake a little while longer to watch tv. I'll check in tomorrow.
Bye,
Yvonne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register