Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Unread 04-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Couldn't they take out the lymph nodes laproscopically? That seems at least slightly preferable.

RedKat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 05:54 PM

I asked the same question but they said it was out of the question now that I have this incision (naval down).
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:23 AM

hi - Friday will be my 3 week mark for TVH. I went for my 2 week on Monday and was so anxious that he would do a pelvic that I never really asked all the questions that I wanted to ask. I never saw the dr after the surgery and a different dr released me the next day from the hospital. When I saw him on my 2 week he remembered me but I don't think he remembered my surgery from the next. How many surgeries do they do in a 2 week time? We're in a small suburb - really, how confused can he be? I didn't realize that I didn't really get any info on my surgery until I started reading the posts again. Thank you all for sharing. I have to go back at 4 wks...not sure why since he said it looked like I was progressing well and that my belly was not that swolen.

I have been taking it slow but I am so achy now from sitting! I walk about 15 min at a time and it's not my pelvic area that is sore, it's my legs and my hips! I'm only 48! I feel like I need a cane every now and then!

I am still spotting, sometimes brown and sometimes pink. I thought I would be done with pads by now. I was severely anemic prior to this surgery and have not ventured out to get the chelated iron to try. I still take stool softeners and am constantly worried about constipation - another hesitation about taking the iron. I get more gassy in the evenings too. Gas X has been helping here.

I just started driving again and it's uncomfortable. I do like the independence. I have wonderful friends to help me but I hate to ask them to do all of this. My ex-boyfriend has been a good support too but just being friends is a little too difficult for him in general so as much as he wants to help me it's so awkward with his feelings and his actions that I'm glad I can do more by myself. The obligation is too much for me.

So needless to say, the need to get the thumbs up for sex is not needed for me. The whole act scared me right after having my children and it has the same affect on me right now. I think I'm ok to not try this for awhile. They gave me an estrogen shot while in the hospital which is supposed to last 4-6 weeks. So far I have had no menapausal symptoms. He wants me to take Premarin and I think I will and then go back to my other dr and look into the bioidentical stuff instead. This gyno doesn't believe in the bio stuff nor does he believe in progestin or even thyroid - he's quite arrogant and older. I'm sure his medicine is fine for a majority of his patients but he's not my type.

Thanks for listening to my rambling. : )

jeanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
4 weeks post op today

I am 4 weeks post op today and I think I overdid it last week when I returned to work. I was standing most of the week and did some light lifting (1to 2LBS)repetitively on Friday and Saturday. I spent Sun-Mon and today, hurting. I called the Dr. and I am going in for an exam tomorrow morning.
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:20 AM
How is Everyone At 1 Month?

May 4th. I will be one-month post op. I don’t see my gyn. for two more weeks and she is in another town 3 hours away. I saw my family Dr. yesterday and my haemoglobin/iron is back to normal so I am no longer anaemic. He gave me the go ahead to start back on some gentle exercise. We talked about swimming, riding my stationary bike and increased walking. He recommended starting very slow and being very careful. Is anyone else starting back at these activities yet? How is it going? I have no pain and feel good. I don’t rest during the day but go to bed very early and read, watch TV or play on my laptop. I’m back on Weight Watchers but not writing down my food so I have gained a couple of pounds. I seem to be hungry all the time and craving protein. The nurses told me to eat plenty of protein to promote healing so I’m guessing my body needs it. I hope adding some exercise stops the gain rather than eating less. I hope everyone is healing and is feeling better at the one month mark!
Unread 05-02-2007, 11:02 AM

I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow, Wed. I'm feeling terrific. But, if I tend to move around too much, I feel it. Little prickly type pains. I have to admit I'm afraid of doing much only because I don't want to cause any mishaps inside or scar tissue etc. I don't go back to the Dr for the 'exam' until my 6th week. It's a bit discouraging to hear how long it's going to take before I can get back into the 'old routine'. I have to admit I feel good enough to go to work but I'm forcing myself to stay home and enjoy the beautiful weather
Unread 05-02-2007, 08:18 PM

I am also 4 weeks post op. I feel amazing and because of that I really overdid it today in the yard. Some raking, but no lifting. I started back to work about 4 hours a day for 2 days last week and am planning on 3 days this week. My regular schedule is about 28 hours a week over MWF with the occasional Saturday thrown in there. I do hair and nails. My follow-up appt. was yesterday and I got a royal butt chewing for going back to work before I saw my Dr. I figure that I can either sit at the salon and work on some of my nail clients or I can sit at home. It's not exactly manual labor (that was the raking today! lol) so I am not going to sweat it!
God bless you all and good luck in your recoveries!
Unread 05-02-2007, 08:29 PM

Well I overdid it and paid for the last few days. I went to my Dr. and he did an exam and I did not tear anything but I did pull my abdominal wall. My Dr. told me not to bend, lift, stoop, push, pull, anything for the next couple of weeks at least. I can stand at work but nothing else and sit when I can. I had a TAH and he said if I overdo it and tear my incision from the inside my bowel could come through the inside wall and I could get a hernia. Then I would be out the rest of the summer. That was enough for me to hear. I am stopping my overdoing it.
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:30 PM

4 weeks to the day post op was spent in the emergency with severe ovarian pain on my left side, so they did at cat scan and it turns out I have a cyst that's measuring 5 centimeters on my left ovary, which they anticipate will burst.

They thought it might be due to my cycle and when I asked if this was something I could expect every month, they had no answers for me, which was quite agitating, because if that's the case they should have just taken my ovaries too........

I am quite frustrated!
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM

hedz - I am SO sorry that this has happened to you. It sure does sound like they should of taken out the ovaries. Did you have an incision or the labroscopy? geez.. I feel bad that you are suffering like that. I had my hyst (total) on April 2nd and still cant sit straight up without suffering. I am alot better but I really didnt expect to be down this long. My memory and thought processing are TERRIBLE too. Anybody else sufferng with that? and those night sweats and hot flashes.. WHEW!! I thought I was almost at menopause (im 52) but guess not because I never had hot flashes like this.. its awful. take care!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register