Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Unread 05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

I had just the total hysterectomy without all the other things you mentioned on April 2nd.
I cant sit up STRAIGHT for long either yet as it feels like everything is just sitting on the bladder. I also feel like I have a bladder infection alot but the doctor said no. I have abdominal ain too off and on still. I think everyone is different. Try to hang in there.. I wish you luck.
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 04:10 PM

Thanks Sue,
I think maybe I am just in a hurry since I need to get back to work. My friends say that I am not getting well because I am worrying too much about my job. I guess that could be true. Keep me informed how you are doing.

Thanks again,

Aleksa
Unread 05-23-2007, 05:32 PM
TAH- 7 Weeks Post Op

I am 7 weeks as of yesterday. I was released in my 6 week check up for everything but I still have a 25 lb weight lifting limit. I had a TAH, but left one ovary. I am sleeping well, and have dealt with some pain issues beacuse I went back to work at week 3 and I stand on my feet 8-10 hours a day. My vaginal cuff was almost healed at week 6. My husband and I tried and had sex, successfully! IT STILL WORKS!!!!!! I am doing very well now with mild pains in my right side when I do to much. I get tired by the end of the day and I just do what I can when i can. I plan on working out lightly tomorrow.
Thanks to Hystersisters I had a lot of questions answered when I needed them the most!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 05:39 PM

Hey girls!

Nitrox you and I had ours the same day I bet, cause I also was 7 weeks yesterday........

My 6 week post op was good, I got the all clear for everything which is good cause we close on our house in 2 weeks and I needed to get packing!

My 5th and 6th week actually ended up being the worst weeks, my 5th week I was in the ER with severe pain in my left ovary and it turns out I have a 5 cm cyst on my left ovary, then 2 days later they called me and said oh BTW you have a bladder infection, and I said oooh so that's why I feel feverish and lousy all the time.......

Then my 6th week 1 week to the day I was in the ER I went to urgent care with a sinus infection WOOHOOO, I was on 2 different antibiotics concurrently, it was RIDICULOUS....

But I'm all good now and got most of the packing done and we are ready to go......

Hope everyone continues wo heal well and without interruption!
Unread 05-24-2007, 08:33 PM

Yep Hedz, you and i are the same date. I will have to say my worst weeks were 4 and 5 and I still get really tired at times. I am anxious to get back to normal. I have had no complications yet and hopefully I will not.
Unread 05-24-2007, 09:51 PM

T will be at 7 weeks on Monday and I am miserable. I can't sit or stand for very long without painful pressure. Still have urinary dysfunction. The doc says to hang in, I will be better by 12 weeks for sure. Glad to hear that you are doing well. Keep me informed of your progress.

Aleksa
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Boating on a sailboat

I will be 8 weeks from surgery on Wednesday. Our sailboat will be ready for sailing and I am wondering if I will be able to pull the lines for the jib sail? You have to do it on every tack. It takes a lot of upper body strength to do it and I don't want to strain myself. I couldn't tear any stitches, could I? Any of you have any boating experience out there?

Connie
Unread 06-04-2007, 03:42 PM
April 2-9, 2007 Hyster Friends

If anyone can think of a better name for this group, please forgive me! This is all my mind could come up with! Enjoy!
Unread 06-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Hi!
Thanks so much for starting this thread!
Unread 06-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Lizzy, you are most welcome. I think I was just a gal with some time on her hands today! Let's hope it catches on!! How are you feeling these days? I see we are only one hyster birthday apart. I am still slower than I would like and tend to overdue then pay, pay, pay. Some nights I do not sleep very well, so my DH has been on permanent caffeine duty--if he doesn't make coffee I am like death warmed over. I am getting a lot of sorting of papers and such, though, and started back to work today. It was sort of a joke. I went in for an hour meeting, then came home. After an hour of sitting and writing from home, my tailbone took a tailspin! DH took me to Costco to get a comfy chair and he is putting it together right now. I guess it will take more time before I am hopping around again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register