Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Unread 06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Hi Margie,
I'm alot slower than I would like also and sleep is very hard to come by! I'm exhausted but just cannot sleep. I'm sure that is contributing to my brain fog.
I understand the overdoing. It just is so frustrating not being able to do the things I should be doing! I keep wondering if I will ever get back my stamina!
How nice of your DH to get you a comfy chair! I don't have the tailbone problem. I wonder what is causing that and I hope it goes away soon! It is amazing how many ways your body can retaliate! I really was not prepared for life after surgery.
It will be so nice to be able to keep in touch. I'm looking forward to this thread taking off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2007, 09:21 PM

Thank you, Margie, for starting this thread! Hopefully, lots of us will keep this going. Mentally, I'm in the best shape I've been in in a long time. DH commented on it the other day. We both believe it's because I'm finally living without chronic pelvic pain anymore. Nice!! Overall, I've been doing really well. Every now & then, my type A personality keeps me going too long, too strong & then I get exhausted. I'm there today. Still SO much better than before surgery.

Now, that I'm feeling so good, I'm on this kick of fixing everything that I've put off taking care of with my body. Next stop, out patient surgery to remove a pinched nerve in my foot that I've dealt with for 16 months. When it was brought up a year ago, I wasn't game - now I'm there. Date is set for 6-28-07. Woohoo!

Lizzy & Margie - I'm sorry that you're still having trouble sleeping. I'm trying to remember when that changed for me. I think it was about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I honestly think that's when my ovaries kicked back in at a more even level. Before that I could tell that they were all over the charts. I hope you two get there soon. Did you keep your ovaries, on HRT??

I'm so glad I did my hys.! I couldn't have done it without the support of my sisters here! Thank you all!

Blessings,
Sue
Unread 06-05-2007, 09:12 AM

Hi LovinLife and Lizzy! It is so much fun to hear how you are doing! And, helpful, too!

LovinLife: Yes, I still have my ovaries. Thanks for your concern. I am very excited today because I slept EIGHT HOURS last night.

Lizzy: I hope you can soon get some rest. I know what you mean. I went to work yesterday and my brain was so foggy that it was surreal! I ate really simply yesterday and I don't know if that was what helped or what. Usually when I diet I am too hungry to sleep. The weather is nice now, maybe that helped, too.

I am thinking the tailbone might be related to the bladder sling. It was very painful right after the surgery, then went away. I went to my son's college graduation a week ago and I have noticied more since I streched wrong climbing the bleachers. But, they do attach the sling to the sacral ligament, which, of course is near the tailbone, so who knows!

I am excited! I dropped from 149 to 147, overnight. I notice that when I do sleep, my weight is lower. Isn't that strange? I bypassed my usual ice cream and did not eat a hot dog with DH at Costco yesterday. My nibbly snack has been shredded wheat-the small ones-kind of like Triscuits, but NOT as addicting. After 10 I am done eating them!! I think that my evening glass of wine that I was sipping to relax was actually interfering with my rest. So, I eliminated that, too--we will see if this continues. Happy happy joy joy!!

I notice you are both Colorado girls! This is quite a coincidence. As soon as I close this letter I am going to begin working on the July issue of the Mooo News for Longmont Dairy Farm! I just saw the new little bottles they are going to be sending the cream out in and I am so jealous! I wish I could get some. We used to have milk delivered years ago, but there is no way to get it that way, now. Well, I will be thinking of you both as I search for new recipes today!

Take care and have a wonderful day today! Blessings!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2007, 08:52 PM
April 07 Sisters are meeting in a new place. Check it out.

Be there or be square!

Go to the main clubhouse page at:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=204

and then go to the thread named:
April 07 Hyster Friends

See you there!
Unread 06-05-2007, 09:16 PM

Hi!
I've read your posts LovinLife, and it never sank in that you were from Colorado also! I'm glad you are doing so well!
I didn't keep my ovaries. I'm on the Vivelle dot .075. I was in peri menopause and having a rough time with the hormones swings from that so figured removing the ovaries might give me a shot at stabilizing. Maybe I'll start sleeping better once I have been on this new dosage for a little longer. As things turned out I would have lost one of my ovaries anyway.
Margie, I do think that is so wild that you work on a paper for the Longmont Dairy Farm. I'll have to look for that. I have seen trucks delivering milk in my area but have not paid much attention. I always liked the glass containers.
In some ways moving to Longmont has been interesting. I didn't know places still delivered milk. My DH wanted to be in a small town and so we moved here. I'm ready to move back to Littleton at any time but the housing market is a mess here.
I seem to be on a gain weight spree. It seems if I look at something I gain. So all I lost after surgery is back.
I'm sorry your brain is still fogged and hope it clears soon. I've had some very strange conversations at times because my mind wanders.
I'm glad to hear from both of you and hope things keep getting better!
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Hi to all my April 2-9th hyster friends. I had my surgery on the 9th. I just went back to work on Monday. I did well until then, now I'm very tired and not real happy. I manage a dental practice and it feels like I never had any time off. I am looking forward to retirement in September. My daughter is having our first grandchild and I have decided that I will take care of the little one while she works. Sounds like all of you are doing well. I kept myself posted ready up on you all during recovery. I didn't post much since it seemed like my stuff was so mundane. I was working on loosing weight before my surgery and have continued to do so since the surgery. I've lost about 45lbs since Feb. I seem to be stuck right now. I'm hoping once I get settled in at work it will start dropping again. Well, I'm off to work this morning. You all take care and I'll look forward to your post.
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:41 AM

Hi Queen, welcome back to our little fold! Your name was not familiar and then I noticed that you were the day before me, so we were in different support rooms! Well, I am glad to meet you.

You don't live far from me! I haven't been to Hemet for a while, but I bet it has grown!!! I used to go out a lo to visit my ex-husbands grandmother. I have never had apricots as good as from that area!

I know what you mean about work. I would love to retire in September. Lucky you!!

How have you lost so much weight! 45 lbs is just wonderful -- how did you do it? I have been struggling with this for the last two years- lose 5 gain 3, and so on!!! Seem to just stay in the same spot. I would love to know how you are losing so well.

Everyone have a nice day!
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:04 PM

I.m still around. Have not been on the site for about a week so just discovered this thread through the one on post-op. I usually wander around the site daily just to see how everyone is doing. Don't seem to be having any post-op issues any more. Still dealing with a couple of other health issues.
Unread 06-07-2007, 07:09 AM

Hi Margie 123-Yes Hemet has grown alot. Too much! I still love the area. I also love the Redlands area. I had my surgery at Redlands Community Hospital. All my doctors are in the Banning, Redlands and Highland area.

I lost weight because I had to. I have some issues with my liver and was told either the weight comes off or I'll face a transplant and early death. So I changed my lifestyle and have not looked back since. I have to loose over 100lbs-so I do have a ways to go, but I will do it.

I have found since going back to work, I have more discomfort and am swollen in the tummy area. I also am very tired at the end of the day. I guess that is because I'm not taking any naps during the day.

Well, everyone have a good day and keep smiling.
Unread 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Dear Queenjp, the world is getting smaller!! We were in Redlands Community Hospital at the same time! How long were you in there? Were you in the recovery room very long? I ended up on the third floor, where did you go? I was there for 4 days, because I could not walk and was anemic. I spent 1 1/2 days in recovery - my bed was by the door and got banged everytime someone went through it! oh joy! Isn't this a kick? Sounds like you go to Beaver, too! Is that guess correct - Who is your Dr? I see Dr. <Oops! Please don't post doctor names on the message boards.> I had great care in recovery, but it was so noisy - to distraction! But the nurses were not nearly so attentive upstairs. One day I had my husband bringing me advil and tylenol because I could not get them to remember to bring pain medicine. I think that was why I was in there so long!!

Well, I admire you for making changes and losing weight. I have only 25 lbs to lose and it is overwhelming! Good for you!

Yes, it is hard on the tummy to be on our feet. I am lucky, I get to sit, but I must say that my bottom gets very sore after 4 hours! My mother had this surgery a few years ago and she is 75. She told me it took a good six months to feel okay, and a full year to be top notch again. I am 52, so I am hoping it is more like 3 months to be medium and 9 mos to be well done! I am weary of being rare!!!

Well, I hope this is a good week for you. Try to snatch a few breaks to give yourself a little lift from time to time. Keep in touch, neighbor!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register