Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Unread 06-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Cool - Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Margie 123, I was at the hospital 2 days. I was placed on the maternity floor. My only issue with the hospital was that after the surgery I was in recovery over 8 hours and not allowed to see my family. I had no problems, but they kept saying they couldn't get me a bed--what it turned out to be is they had a shortage of nurses and no floor wanted me. My family had fits and they finally moved me into a private room. I do go to Beaver too. I know there are 2 doctors, so perhaps we had the same one. I feel my care was good and recovery was very uneventful.

Hey, I'd say 25lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Very good! Keep up the good work. It is better to loose it slow (or so I'm told). I am 49 and have 2 grown children. We are expecting our first grandchild in August--so life is good.

I feel very lucky that I only had pre-cancer and it was caught before it became something else. My son said that this is my get out of jail card, so I better take advantage of this chance.

Well, have a good weekend--go the the Cherry Festival in Beaumont. Not far from you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Yes, I was in the recovery room for a very long time too. I went in about noon on the 10th and did not get out until around 3 pm on the 11th. We must have just missed each other! I didn't know that they were short on nurses. That explains my lack of care upstairs. Lots of good LVNs but most of my nurses were few and hard to find. Hmmmm. I made a fuss (I was nice) but I hurt so badly and the noise level was so outrageous that they told everyone to be quiet for me in recovery on the second day. There was a woman in there who had a screaming and yelling fit on the 11th and it got rather harried. I think they sent me up to the 3rd floor so it would be quieter for me, but if I hadn't said anything I would probably had to be there another night. ALL of my family came in, I am amazed you were not allowed. Others had guests too. Maybe you paved the way for those of us the following day. I am glad they caught your pre-cancerous situation before it went on. I was just plain anemic and nothing stopped the bleeding. Turned out I had Adenomyosis, which can just continue on and on until the thing comes out. I had had a period for 3 months, so I was ready to say good-bye to my uterus!!

We are about the same age. You are going to love being a grandmother.

Thanks for telling me about the cherry festival. I have never been, and it should be a beautiful weekend. Take care!
Unread 06-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone

Hi everyone. I haven't been on for a while because yes, life has went back to its craziness and I don't have much time once again.
First, I want to thank all of you for getting me through this... I am doing pretty good except for a strange pain in my left side that does not want to go away and radiates into my back. I haven't been back to the Dr. yet. I go back Monday for my "6 week checkup". Ha Ha

Did any of you have a hard time getting off the pain meds? Sometimes I think the pain I feel is from not having the meds because I was on them so long (almost a year) but the Drs seem to think it is nerve pain from the surgery. It gets really bad sometimes.

I haven't had any hormonal issues even though I gave up both my ovaries other than some hot flashes that are not that bad. I'm not on anything except for the antidepressants I've been on for years. I started exercising last week but it seemed to make the pain in my side worse so I've let up for now. Waiting for monday to see what the doc says.

Thanks for starting the thread. I have missed being able to talk to you guys every day. Life is just way too hectic in this part of the country (Maryland near DC).

Hope all of you are doing well and I will check in as much as I can to see how everyone is doing.

P.S. I even you guys who live in Colorado. That part of the country is so beautiful and I'm sure a lot less hectic than here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Hi DC4Ever, I missed you and wondered where you went. I am so sorry you have that pain. I hope you find some relief and soon!! My DH used to go to Silver Springs on business a few years ago. He took me back there last year and I was just amazed by that little downtown area. We don't have transportation like you do in the east, and I had the best time taking the subway to DC and coming out in the center of the mall. What a thrill that was! You have a hectic area, but you are so lucky to have all of that history and everything within a short distance. It always looks better somewhere else. We have beautiful winters in my town, but the heat in the summers is merciless. There seems to be a trade-off for everything. Keep in touch and you will get through this time.
Unread 06-08-2007, 06:36 PM

Hi Margie - I guess when you live here you take it for granted. It's a great place to visit and to be honest, while I wouldn't live in DC, I live about 45 minutes away and I don't think I would want to live anywhere else. I was born in Washington State and have live in CA, WI, NM, TX, VA and finally MD where I hope to spend the rest of my life. It really is beautiful here and we don't really have extreme anything like hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, heat, cold, etc. We get a mix of everything but nothing really bad usually.

Now that I've said that a hurricane will come up the cost this year and wipe us out. I went through the redwoods in CA and I think that is the most incredible thing in the world. I never could imagine driving through a tree until then so everywhere has its own beauty. I think it said you are from Redland. What part of CA is that?

I am doing ok - just a little annoyed that I still hurt this much 8 weeks out but it is nothing like before surgery so I try to count my blessings.

Unread 06-08-2007, 08:38 PM

I know, we both probably thought the 6 week mark would make us all better. NOT!! I just took a walk around the neighborhood with DH and yesterday it was a breeze, but today I just had to push my aching bones along.

Redlands is located in Southern Ca. We are one hour from the beach, one hour from the ocean, and one hour from the desert (Palm Springs), and one hour from LA. Redlands is a college town and very unique. It was founded by pioneers and was mainly citrus farms originally. Folks from back east settled the town (snowbirds) and the Smiley Brothers from New York built a lot of great things here we still use. So, much of the architecture is Victorian and Craftsman-style homes. We have an outdoor ampitheatre called the Redlands Bowl where there are free music, drama, etc. activities two times a week all summer long, and only a free-will offering is given to support it. We also have the largest collection of civil war memorabilia this side of the Mississippi at the Lincoln Memorial Shrine, and, of course the University of Redlands. I must say that this inland area can get really hot in the summer, but winters are beautiful, and Redlands is sort of an oasis in the middle of this semiarid area. Sorry to get so longwinded, I write for a living, so I tend to go on and on. Your area is lovely and green! We have friends in Rhode Island and I love that area too. My family is originally from New Hampshire.

Maybe you will feel better tomorrow. Night is always the hardest.
Unread 06-09-2007, 01:07 PM

Margie It sounds very beautiful where you live. I feel pretty good today, the pain is still there but not bad. You are right it is usually worse at night. I sleep well though so that is a blessing. I lived in the Oakland area of CA for a couple years when I was little - bad situation but the area was pretty nice from what I remember of it.

I hope I didn't make everyone mad at me for my remark about drs. Maybe everyone will understand when they read my response to you and confusion in the other forum. There are just sooooooo many people here compared to other parts of the country. For the most part, there are 4 houses for each acre of land in most of the area. It is really congested.

Hope you are doing well.

Unread 06-09-2007, 03:13 PM

Wow Margie123,
Redlands sounds wonderful. I grew up in Medford, Oregon so I know about hot summers.
I'm in therapy for my back. I am so out of alignment that one of my spinal bones is at an angle. The therapy made me realize just how out of shape I am in general. I'm going to check with my doc to make sure these exercises aren't going to cause some problems with the surgery. I'm so sore I can barely move.
How interesting that Margie123 and Queennjp were in the hospital at the same time. It is a small world.

Lizzy
Unread 06-11-2007, 01:57 PM

Hi DC. I hope you are doing better today.
Unread 06-11-2007, 07:02 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just checkin' in with all of you. I've been feeling really good. Better than in months!! Went on a 3 day Bahamas cruise this last weekend - had fun - came home and slept the whole day today, though! We didn't even stay up all night! I guess the fatigue is still a factor. Tomorrow dh and I are off to Denver to speak at a conference for 3 days, then visiting grandson and his parents for a week or so in CO Spngs. Hopefully I keep up with myself! It sounds like most of us are getting back on track. I am wishing well to those still struggling!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register