Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Unread 04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Pain Meds?

My doc sent me home with 30 percocet. I've been taking 1 at a time, but usually 2 per day. I'm running out, though. Do they usually call in a refill or am I going to have to get tougher and just deal with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Hi,
I had to call and then my daughter went to the office to pick up the prescription and take it to cvs. He told me they don't call Percocets in. I called and didn't have any problem with them giving me more. Don't be afraid to call. hope this helps. Jen
Unread 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM

I would think they would give you at least one refill. I have not taken them much but now that I am getting cabin fever I am taking more. I probably am doing too much. My Mom is here and we have so much fun together and don't get to see each other very often. I can't believe how good I feel. I am taking it slower than I feel like going, but I know I can't go full steam ahead. I am just glad I feel good. I am 12 days out and I feel better today than I did most days pre surgery. My Mom and I laughed today, I said if I lose this great feeling, I will call the Dr. to ask what else she can take out! LOL I feel bad for those that have had complications. I was prepared for that to be me, but I was hoping for the best. I still have some aches and pains when I lay down or sit down, but I am assumimg that is muscles healing and everything settling back in to place. And the itching at my incision, that drives me insane some nights. Cortizone cream helps, but I feel like I could claw my stomach off. And I wish I could, swelly belly is a REAL thing! LOL

Sandra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Day 13 Post Op TAH

Went to the Doctor today! He told me I was "perfect", love that. I went to my scuba shop today and shipped a package out, rang it up at the register, walked around a bit. Then we went and ran a couple of errands and after all that I was pooped, about 3 hours. Still have pain in my incision. Experienced some sharper pains on my right side. Dr. said it was my right ovary waking up, it's the only thing left...(must be lonely), :wow:
I am still scheduled off for another week but I am going to try and make it to work tomorrow and see how long I last. Not sure how long I will be able to stand. We shall see....
Unread 04-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi :)

Hello everyone.........

I am 13 days out and had my first post op appointment today and she went ahead and did an exam with a speculum (OUCH) and also did a pelvic which involved wiggling around what's left of my cervix, which I would compare to wiggling a loose tooth which was really quite odd feeling.......

I had a supracervical abdominal hysterectomy, and my incision feels WEIRD, but she said it looks GREAT and I could even go sit in the hot tub if I wanted to.

I still have my ovaries and cervix, but I am finding more and more that I just feel like crying ALOT, so I asked her what was up with that and she didn't give me an asnwer other than to say well it can't be hormonal cause you still have your ovaries, I don't know that I necessarily agree.......

I also asked her why on earth my libido is like off the charts, she said REALLY?????? I said yea I really want to have sex! She said, but you haven't done anything right and I said nooooooooo, she said well I guess you could do other things.......... And then she said that I amaze her lol........

I also asked her when I am going to feel normal again, and her response was probably not until around the 6 week mark, but my mother in law said it took her a year before she felt normal, but I do take into consideration that she had a radical hysterectomy and that might have alot to do with it.

I feel so much for women who had the radical procedure and are dealing with menopause on top of recovering for surgery! You are all in my prayers!
Unread 04-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Wow a speculum! Not for me today during my post op. Then again I do not have a cervix. Hmmm.....
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:23 AM

Hi to all post hyster sisters out there i havent been here in a very long time, been busy with kids, Husband and life. Im here to report it has been one year since my full hysterectomy and i feel great these days there is life after surgery ladies. although my sex life is not the same, It could use a boost some days, but I have a lot of love in my life so I am blessed. I wish you well and a speedy recovery to those who are just now going through it. Hang in there it gets better.
take care all I will have to check in more often.
sm
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:11 AM

Glad to hear you are doing well. I had my TVH on the 2nd and I am getting better each day. The only problem I am having is pain like stabs in my bottom and in my thighs. I think it's from just being immobile for so long. I am a very active person so sitting and lying around is not for me. I have been walking every day for a little bit and not only does it help my body it helps my mind as well. I have had some uncomfortable symptoms after surgery, like night sweats, moodiness(very emotional). I called Dr. and they said they wanted me to try and hold off until my 6 week follow up and then he'll make decision if I need hormones or not. I have just my left ovary. I am hoping and praying things will level off. My libido has picked up and boy does this no sex thing for 6 weeks put a cramp in that. My husband wants to try from the backside and I told him I didn't know about that. Never been one for that position nor do I know if it is allowed. How do you ask the doctor that question!!??!!! So I am just trying to hold DH back for now. I would have never told anyone that but everyone here makes you feel like you can be open about things in your life and not be judged by them. Thank God for Hyster Sisters and thank you to all that have helped me thru my recovery. You have helped keep me sane. God Bless!!!
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:06 AM

You are not supposed to introduce anything vaginally period, and oral is not encouraged either because of bacteria that can cause UTI or vaginal infections.......

Take it from someone that had a speculum exam yesterday 2 weeks out, it HURT!
Unread 04-17-2007, 11:52 AM

What I meant by backside was anally. I went ahead and read more and saw where it said not even to have anal sex which is fine with me. DH will just have to be patient......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register