TAH - recovery time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH - recovery time TAH - recovery time

Unread 04-04-2007, 03:36 PM
TAH - recovery time

My doctor has given me an "optimistic" recovery time of 4 weeks. Anyone back to work this quickly after a TAH? (desk job)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
TAH - recovery time

6 weeks tomorrow and i don't go back until next week. i feel even then i'm going to be so exhausted after a whole day of work.(desk job also) i think that's a bit optimistic because at 4 weeks..there are more bad days than good...and i just mean of not feeling well..and of your tummy being swelled.. not pain.. 6 weeks for an abdominal from what i've been reading is the norm! good luck!!! Oh and i've found out the hard way that just because you return to your more normal routine that you are "not" fully healed. Our recovery will continue for months to come and we have to not over do. we all are different so some will heal faster and be ready for work earlier.. you just might be a lucky one..
Unread 04-04-2007, 04:01 PM
TAH - recovery time

I went back after 3wks and there's a BIG difference of how you will feel after the 4th...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2007, 07:28 PM
TAH - recovery time

No way
I am taking eight weeks and am sure glad i chose the extra two weeks. My job is at a school with lots of stairs and I still find walking alot makes me sore. I guess your doctor is optimistic. My doctor also said that I could expect to get more energy probably by the middle of may. Everyone is different and I am also 53 but the time I took is working out good for me
Unread 04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
TAH - recovery time

I started working from home on a laptop at 3 weeks but was in no shape to drive or do all the daily stuff that goes into going to the office. I worked 8 hour days taking calls from home and booking travel on the computer. I was not ready to go back to the office until 6 weeks, which is what my dr. approved. The third and fourth weeks are quite difficult, you are doing quite a bit of internal healing and really need to rest. HTH
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:16 AM
TAH - recovery time

My doctor gave me 8 weeks, I was expecting to go back after 6 weeks. I'm a school sceretary and this time is very busy. I haven't told my principal yet and I know he will be disappointed but extremely undertstanding.
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:25 AM
TAH - recovery time

Christine, my Dr. told me 6-8 from the beginning, and I being the eternal optomist thought no way - 3 -4 weeks max! Oh, I was so wrong. I work from home, and although I was on the computer in our home office week 2 - it was only for about 15 - 30 minutes working than I had to rest for like hours.
Everyone is different, and I don't want to burst your bubble, but I think if you check, most abdominal surgery has a recovery of 6 -8 weeks. Sorry my post was not more positive for you, but I don't want your expectations to get you depressed like mine did.
Zella

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register