4 mths post and still hurting....HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 mths post and still hurting....HELP! 4 mths post and still hurting....HELP!

Unread 06-16-2001, 10:44 AM
4 mths post and still hurting....HELP!

I don't really post on here that much anymore, but wanted
to check in and ask a question.

I am 4 months post now. I had a TVH and lost an ovary.

I can almost count on having pain in my left side each and everyday. It's that jabbing, knife burning pain(kwim?)

SHOULD I be concerned?

OR do I keep reminding myself that I may be still healing????

I know this is a pain, but if you can email me direct with your
opinions, I would surely appreciate it !

[email protected]

Thanks in advance !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2001, 03:12 PM
4 mths post and still hurting....HELP!

Hi There, Just wanted to start off by saying that I am sorry that you are still having Pain after 4 Months!! Please call your Doctor and make a appt to go in and be checked!! I had my TAH on Feb 20th and 8 weeks later, I was still having Severe Pain On my right side!! THe Doctor who did my Hyst did not seem to concerned, but I finally talked him into sending me for a TransVaginal Ultrasound, which showed I had a very large cyst on my right ovary!! He wanted me to wait another six weeks and then go have another Ultrasound and see if it was still there!! I was in so much Pain and so Upset that I went to another Doctor who was recommended to me from a Lady I work with!! She did a Ultrasound right there in her Office and showed me the cyst, and it had grown and was leaking!! She suggested that I have Laprascopic Surgery to remove the cyst and right ovary, so I agreed!!! I had the Laprascopic Surgery on May 17th, and she said that my right Ovary had fallen down and adhered itself to my right tube and Vaginal Cuff, and I had a lot of scar tissue and endo everywhere, with the cyst to. So she removed the cyst, right ovary and tube and removed all the scar tissue and endo!! SO my advice to u is, Go in and get checked out by your Doctor!! If he or she does not want to help, Please go to another Doctor!! I am so Thankful that I went to my New Doctor, Because I had no idea the bad shape I was in, I just knew I was in Severe Pain for a reason!! Please feel free to write me back at anytime if you need to talk. My name is Patti and my email address is [email protected] Hope to hear from you soon, Take care of Yourself, and Please call your Doctor on Monday!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register