How old is everyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 04-05-2007, 07:48 AM
How old is everyone?

I just turned 27 on March 5th, I have 3 children. Divorced in 2003 & now have a wonderful boyfriend who is being very supportive for my upcoming castle day!
My castle day is 4/17 and I will have a TAH with everything removed
Anyone around my age keep getting comments about how your to young to get a hysterectomy?

I tell everyone that mentions my age that I have a good size family& I had a tubal in 2003 so that should prove to them that I don't want anymore little ones and just want to get my endometriosis under control & get rid of my tumer & finally not bleed 25 days out of a month. but they don't seem to under stand!

I know it will be a challenge getting my hormones under control after they hyster but that is something I have thought about and concidered since 2003 and made my mind up then even though they kept refusing a hyster because I was only 23. now that I am 27 and found a GREAT doctor I am going for it! No regrets!!

My children are 10, 8 & 7 and they understand everything I go through from being in bed 20 days out of the month in pain & Migraines.
They are excited to see if this surgery helps me feel better so I can play with them more.

Just curious if anyone deals with the same questions about your age vs hyster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 07:55 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 29 and have 2 kids. I didn't have those comments. I had the opposite. I didn't want to have a hyster so I had a myomectomy in November and everyone kept telling me to just have a hyst and forget about it. Well, I wanted more children and everyone was so unsupportive. It was almost like they were happy when I didn't heal right and had to have a hyst. I don't know, I have just found that no matter what people say stupid things. I know there are ladies that are menopausal that have a hyst and people tell them why bother. I guess it just helps us all to be more sensitive when dealing with those around us. Good luck to you and it sounds like you are making the right decision for you.
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:56 AM
How old is everyone?

Oh I wanted to share my children's comment about my hysterectomy as well, I have to tell soemone, it was sooooooo funny!!!
I tried to think of how exactly to word what I would be getting done so my children would understand it & know that I would need lots of help around the house for a few weeks, so I told them that mommie would be going in on the 17th to have her female parts removed from her stomach so i wouldn't hurt anymore...
Well my children start jumping up and down and giggling in joy, mommie is going to be a boy like us now, yeah we'll have 4 boy's in the family and only one girl instead of two!!
and I about died laughing trying to again explain that I would forever be a girl but would never be able to have babies again, then they were a bit sad but understood what I was saying as I showed them pictured from a medical book (that wasn't to graphic) exactly what parts would be taken from me.
Now everyday they bring home pictures, cards or soemthing from school for me, so I have started a folder for all my special papers form them for a nice memory for me and them once they get older

HAPPY EASTER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:04 AM
in response to how old

I will be turning 25 on April 7th, I also have three children, they are ages 5, 3 and 4 months. I as well have been dealing with endio, and andno for a long time. I am schedualed for a full hysterectomy and a bladder sling operation on May 1st. I am very excited to be done with the pain and also to not bleed for over half of the month. My husband is very supportive, but yes I get the same questions and comments. I just tell everyone that it is my decision and that if they don't like it, don't talk to me about it then. They either understand or they don't, but just remember it is not them who deals with the pain and bleeding. So don't let them ruin your excitment.
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:16 AM
How old is everyone?

I seem to be the senior sister here. I'm 44 and had my trip to the castle in 2001. I have four children - all girls 19,16,13, and 12. My surgery was the best decision I ever made! Best wishes!
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:18 AM
How old is everyone?

what is a bladdar sling?
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:25 AM
How old is everyone?

I'm 27 and will turn 28 the day before my surgery, plus I have no children. But my husband and I made the decision that we did not want children before we were married 7 years ago and he was clipped in 2001. I have a niece that I absolutely love to death and spoil rotten. I get the questions from the same people everyday at work and I've started telling them that they are not the one in pain so they don't have any say in what I should or should not do. That seems to quiet them down so far. I hope it works for you
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
How old is everyone?

Hi everyone-
I am 38 and have 9 children. (Married dh 1 year after highschool.) They are 18, 16, 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 3, and 1. I'm having a LAVH for unusual uterine bleeding and also having adhesions removed. Everyone has been very supportive. Even though we have 9 we didn't necessarily think we were done so this was still a bit of an adjustment.
Don't let what other people say bother you.
Trust me, with 9 kids people are always eager to share their opnions with us whether it is rude or not. I tell m
yself that they just have no idea how their comments can affect someone. POOR THEM!
Hang in there and just know that the light is at the end of the tunnel for your medical problems
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:56 AM
How old is everyone?

I Am 33 And Have Two Girls ,age 9 Will Be 10 In May And A 4 Yearold.
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:59 AM
How old is everyone?

I was 28 when I had my hyst and I also got the comments about how young I was. I was also in pain and weak from the constant bleeding so not many that knew me really questioned it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register