How old is everyone? - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
How old is everyone?

I am 31 with two children. DS 12 and DD 7. I always knew I never wanted to have a hysterectomy. I don't know why but it was just something I never wanted to have to go through. But in January of this year I experienced prolapse of the uterus, bladder (cystocele) and rectum (rectocele) after having two rather large kids and a decade of straining to have BMs. I had my tubes tied 2 years before my hyster. The doc told me and I felt like I had been slapped in the face. "I" was the one who thought I was too young and absolutely hated the idea. I called my mom and she was jealous of me! She's in her mid 50s and has terrible fibroids with tons of bleeding and anemia but she's not been offered the procedure that I know of. I am lucky to have a great family and work support unit and everyone I told about it went out of their way to reassure me that it was all for the best, and that I was going to feel so much better afterward. Then I got on this site and realized that there are so many people around my age and younger that are going through it, and I really opened up to the idea. I was still really afraid that I was going to feel like part of me was missing and that I wasn't a complete woman anymore.

I am very pleased to say that going on 5 weeks postop now I am EXTREMELY HAPPY that I made this decision. I don't regret one thing! I can sit through a whole movie without getting up to pee and can sleep through the whole night without getting up too! It's amazing! I would do it all over again in a heart beat, probably even sooner than I actually had it done. I wouldn't have let my prolapse get to stage II if I had known how to recognize it sooner. I look forward to my new bulge free life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 02:31 PM
How old is everyone?

I heard the comment when I had my SRO (left) in 2001. I was 28 at the time, but I had all the children that I wanted, so that wasn't a factor for me. The Dr. said he didn't want me to go into menopause that young, so he just took what he thought was the worst and 'cleaned' the rest as much as he could. Now here I am, 6 years later, preparing for a TAH SRO (right).
Unread 04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
How old is everyone?

I was 24 when I had surgery - had a birthday about 2 weeks later. I have 2 toddlers (3yo & 19mo).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 06:27 PM
How old is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_franks
I'm 24 with too babies, 6 and 15 months. I'm having this due to prolapsed uterus. I haven't told too many people, so I don't get the you're too young. I get family that is not understanding and don't get that even if I don't have this surgery that I can't have more babies. My mom won't talk about it too me. She avoids the whole subject. It's rather annoying. I do have a very supportive husband though. As long as I have him I know I'll be ok.
Princess Franks, have you seen more than 1 doctor about this? (Outside of military doctors.) Perhaps there is a non-surgical solution at this time. Did the doctor tell you what stage of prolapse you have? If I were 24, I would proceed with caution and do a lot of research. Just my 2 cents worth.
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:53 AM
How old is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovydiva
Princess Franks, have you seen more than 1 doctor about this? (Outside of military doctors.) Perhaps there is a non-surgical solution at this time. Did the doctor tell you what stage of prolapse you have? If I were 24, I would proceed with caution and do a lot of research. Just my 2 cents worth.

Yeah, I've seen two doctors. My military doctor refered me to a civilian doctor to get this done. The civilian doctor agreed that it's the best thing. I have stage two prolapse. I was shocked when he told me that. I didn't realize that could happen at such a young age. My mom had it and she was 46. I've tried the kegels, but I just don't have any muscle left to hold them with. I also have the stress incontinence. He doesn't know if I'm going to have to have that stuff repaired also, I am going to talk to him about it again in a few days.
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:15 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 27, no children, married less than a year. We never wanted children but now that the option is being taken away, I'm second guessing myself.
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:34 AM
How old is everyone?

I'm 41 and never gave birth to a child, I do have a AWSOME 7 year old we adopted from South Korea. My TAH/BSO IS ON April 20 th. With having a child of a different race I know how people love to give there opinions! I found that you can't change what people say you can only change the way you react. Stay positive and remember why you are doing it. Good Luck.
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:31 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 32 had LSH on 2/28/07 best decisions I could've made. I have one daughter that I love to death never wanted more kids. Although everyone thinks that was selfish my pregnancy was horrible.
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:36 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 49 and have my surgery coming up on April 26th. TVH, A&P repair, small bowel hernia repair, transobdurator sling and SSLF. I have severe prolapse of everything! But apparently it is not my muscles that are the problem it is my ligaments that the surgeon says are totally shot! I am SO pleased to see someone post that they have had prolapse surgery and they are happy.. I SO needed to hear that.
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:52 AM
How old is everyone?

I'm 44 and if had I had ahsyt and not a D&C10 years ago I may not be going through the cancer treatment now. Dr wouldn't consider it said I was too young. Do Iregret it no, but I will always wonder and I think he will too!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register