How old is everyone? - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 04-12-2007, 10:23 PM
How old is everyone?

troyryans3,
I'm still a little shocked at how young most of the women are on this board. I expected the average age to be mid forties. But gosh, most of them are in the mid twenties or early thirties. I can't imagine having a hysterectomy that young, though my own sister had one when she was 26 due to endometriosis. She already had 3 children and wasn't planning any more. Maybe it pays to have them early because you never know what life is going to bring. I just never realized so many women had hysterectomies. Isn't there anyone left that goes through menopause and has everything that they were born with? So you have one son. I don't have any children, but lots of nieces. Only one nephew. I spoil them, as you can imagine. I'm having a TAH BSO also, and it won't be much longer. April 23rd. I haven't gone through menopause yet. I was hoping it would come, but no such luck. I have large fibroids and because one is so big they can't take it out vaginally. I keep myself very busy. While I don't feel 22 anymore, and am not physically as strong as I was when I was younger, I keep active. But when I think of the long recovery period for the type of surgery we are going to have, I get a little depressed. I'm used to running around all day doing errands and all that stuff. Staying home and watching tv or reading is going to be very boring. I'm trying to get as much done now as I can because I know I won't be able to bend or drive for a while afterwards. I don't think we can climb stairs either, can we? Because everyone else is so young on this board, we need to start a seniors group. 40 and over. How does that sound? HAHAHA. I have never felt so old in all my life after finding out everyone's ages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 10:31 PM
How old is everyone?

Sandra,
One of my surgeons is 30. I was floored when she told me how old she was and it made me feel like a grandmother at 44. My other surgeon looks a lot older, thank God. Even my dentist looks younger than I am. I am starting to notice this more and more and then I feel bad. But then again, there are so many people that have it a lot worse. My primary dr. must be around 30. He's a Resident and I know he can't be more than 30, unless I'm guessing wrong. The one thing I will say for getting older, is that we get wiser, and learn to appreciate things more than when we were young. And we find out what we thought we knew as teenagers. Never in my life did I ever think I'd have any female problems. It was a shock to find out. Much less having a hysterectomy.

How you feeling? I just noticed it hasn't been long since your hyst.

Robin
Unread 04-13-2007, 01:37 AM
How old is everyone?

I'm 28, & just had my TAH 3/16/07. I didn't get any comments, but my kids had a hard time understanding. I have a 5 yr old girl, & 4 yr old boy/girl twins. My 5 yr old got it pretty well, but am still having a time with the twins. They just couldn't understand why I couldn't pick them up. My oldest told the whole church that I had to have my mommy parts taken out. I was embarrassed at first, but then she did the most wonderful thing, she got up & lead a prayer for me to get better & for the dr. to do the right thing. It still makes me cry tears of joy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 05:06 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 39,married with one daughter(14). My surgery is scheduled for next week. I get many, your too young for a hyst, but when people see how much pain I have they realize its time.
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:22 AM
How old is everyone?

On the subject of age, comments I keep getting if I tell people what major prolapse surgery I am having is 'oh you are way too young for that what happened?' I think that people think prolapse is a condition of old age, they think stress incontinence is too but the more you read here the more you realise that even your 20's is not too young for that.
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:25 AM
How old is everyone?

My reply is, "I'm too young to have been in so much pain and too young to spend the weekend on the couch instead of playing with my son."
Unread 04-13-2007, 11:44 AM
How old is everyone?

I'm 30 - one stepson that I adore! We wanted to add to the family but at this point the pain doesn't let me enjoy the one I have. Surgery on the 18th!
Unread 04-13-2007, 12:03 PM
How old is everyone?

shantra,
My mother was 18 when my brother was born, and after his birth she had to have surgery for a prolapsed uterus. Actually she had several surgeries. There are large age differences between me and my two brothers. I'm 44 and my oldest brother is 61. My mom had one problem after another. I know her womb collapsed after my oldest brother was born. I think when people ask about it, most of them don't mean to be ignorant. They just don't understand. My niece has a tipped uterus. I don't know if that is the same as a prolapse but I know she has problems. She's had lots of laproscopic surgeries. Now she is pregnant with her 2nd daughter. It's a girl, due in May. I think the name she picked out was Alexis. Her first child is named Alyssia.
Unread 04-13-2007, 03:08 PM
How old is everyone?

I am 41 yrs old...fortunately I have not heard that I am too young...no such thing these days...especially when a person is suffering as we have been doing....I was actually told that I should have a hysterectomy when I was 37, and managed to keep it all going, and have another beautiful child #2, before I bit the bullet some 4 yrs later and finally decided to take my life back...I am 3 weeks post-op today, and feeling good!

((hugs))

Angie
Unread 04-13-2007, 04:27 PM
How old is everyone?

Hello, I am 26 and had my T.A.H done last August when I was only 25. Yes allot of people do mention things about age on here but I never let what people say bother me because it is my body and only I know what is the best for my body. Luckily you were able to have 3 kids because usually with endomitriosis you cant always have children. I was unable. I had Endomitriosis, P.C.O.'s, very heavy periods when I actually had one I would have to be in the hospital from loosing to much blood. But now I don't bleed at all thankx to the hysterectomy. well good luck to u !!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register