How old is everyone? - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
How old is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmarathon
I'm 27 and have no children. I am getting more crap from people than I care to talk about. My husband and I don't ever want children anyways (we decided that before we got married) and have been getting "oh, you'll change your mind" since. I just really want to be pain free and actually get to spend some "quality time" with my husband before he deploys for the war. The doc is being great and fast tracking me to ensure that we get in before deployment!
clsmarathon: When I was 27, I too was dead set against having children. It just wasn't for me. When I turned 40 I changed my mind. I adopted my son at 42. If you change you mind down the road, you can adopt. If you really need to have a hysterectomy, there isn't much you can do about it. I'm sure a competent doctor would not perform such a major surgery (especially on someone so young) unless there was no other choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 07:59 PM
How old is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Quilt
I'm 44, soon to be 45 and I think I'm going to cry. It seems I'm the old lady of the board!!! LOL... I had no idea everyone else was so young. I just figured everyone was around my age. Now I feel sooooooooooo old. I don't have any kids but have raised kids. Long story there. So I'm not missing anything. Gosh, I never realized so many young people had to have hysterectomies. I think I might have had one years ago to get rid of the cramps but I don't imagine any dr. would have done it back then. I'm having everything out.
My trip to the castle will be soon.

41, no kids here, you are definately not alone.. best of luck to you at the castle..
Unread 04-17-2007, 06:23 AM
How old is everyone?

Wishing you the best with your surgery, and wishing all of us a speedy conclusion of the war. As a Viet Nam era wife I feel your pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 08:47 AM
How old is everyone?

sweetiecarrie-
I too have had comments about being young . I am 39 and have a five year old and an eight year old. some people are sure quick to judge based on the age factor. Most of the comments have been negative so I try to just ignore them and chalk it up to ignorance. Take care.
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:49 PM
How old is everyone?

I am 29 and have 5 kids. I will be having my TVH in less than a week and hear all the time about my age. The wonderful thing is, I have a great doctor and she has been with me every step of the way for the past 2 years trying to find other alternatives and methods. We came to the conclusion that this is the best thing to do and I am actualy looking forward to it to tell you the truth! It will all be worth it in the end just a longer journey than first predicted Good luck to all the ladies here!
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:41 PM
How old is everyone?

hi mh7,
We share the same surgery date but not the same age. I'm 44 and I also tried to find other alternatives, but in the end the only right thing for me was to have everything out. Some other options I wasn't a good candidate for, and others would only buy me time, not a cure. So I decided I wanted to take care of this once and for all and am having a total hysterectomy. Hopefully everything will go smooth with both our surgeries. Mine is at noon but I have to be at the hospital by 10am. I wish you good luck. Wow, 5 kids. You must have your hands full. LOL.....

Robin
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:43 PM
How old is everyone?

Wow mh7! You've been a busy gal! Good luck with everything!
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:19 PM
How old is everyone?

I am still the old lady here at 72 years but one of the sisters told me that 72 was the new middle age. If I am middle age then the rest of you are still in grade school....LOL
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:27 PM
How old is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovydiva
clsmarathon: When I was 27, I too was dead set against having children. It just wasn't for me. When I turned 40 I changed my mind. I adopted my son at 42. If you change you mind down the road, you can adopt. If you really need to have a hysterectomy, there isn't much you can do about it. I'm sure a competent doctor would not perform such a major surgery (especially on someone so young) unless there was no other choice.
Absolutely. If we decide down the line that we want kids, we'll adopt- we are both open to it. But for right now, we'll just adopt the furry, four-legged kind of kids!
Unread 04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
How old is everyone?

luvs2quilt, I wish you luck in your surgery as well! Mine is at 7:30am which is a little early in the morning but it's better than at 7:30pm I guess. I will keep you in my prayers and I'm sure we will come back here and tell everyone how wonderful we are doing!
I get that all the time too (about my kids). I'm very lucky to have such wonderful children and husband! They are my sunshine and angels thru all of this. You ladies are all wonderful and I am so thankful I found this site!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register