How old is everyone? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 04-05-2007, 09:15 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 30 and 11 weeks post op. I have one son and my dh had been snipped also. No plans for more at least no the traditional way. I had AH leaving my ovaries. Best desicion I ever made. Suffered from Endo and cysts since 14. I am only 11 weeks post op and I feel great. Surgery wasn't bad, recovery was rough at first but after that 3rd week. I started feeling better. After 6 weeks I was singing my docs praises. I will pray everything works out for the best for you. I was lucky my endo was not around my ovaries so I haven't had any hormone trouble. Seem to be working fine. Anything has to be an improvement to bleeding 25 days of the month!!! God Bless and good luck. And ignore all the comments people make. They haven't walked a day in your shoes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 09:23 AM
How old is everyone?

Thanks to EVERYONE for all the wonderful replies, I am glad to know I am not the only young one here!!!!!!! I had decided to have my overies removed as well because my sister had left her's 2 years ago and now she has to go back and have them removed due to her endometriosis has retunred, which when I asked my doctor she said yes, anyone that leaves the overies still has a chance of the endo returning, that is why I chose to get it ALL out, LOL good luck to everyone and many wishes and joy for a Happy & Safe Easter!
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:47 AM
How old is everyone?

I'm 38 years old and have one beautiful daughter. We were finished having children when I found out I had cancer. Hysterectomy was really the only option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
How old is everyone?

Hello sweetiecarrie...I am 28 years old with three kids...I have twins that are three and a five year old...I know what you mean about the age thing...I'm having a LAVH in July for adeno...I'm just glad my doc is so supportive of it...I also had a liagation done already so more kids were out of the question anyways...I wish you luck with your upcoming surgery...Let us know how everything goes!!
Unread 04-05-2007, 10:09 AM
How old is everyone?

Hi Jilly0028,
I will make sure I post how everything goes after I am released from the castle, they are saying between 3-5 days. I will be taking lots of paper so I can write notes to make sure I don't forget the little things to tell everyone (if I am awake enough to do so, lol or my BF will do it for me, lol)
Nice to find soemone in MI!! Good Luck on your's as well!
Unread 04-05-2007, 11:29 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 33 and have 3 teenager 14,15 and 16 2 boys 1 girl. I go into the Castle Monday!
Unread 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
How old is everyone?

I'm 43-will be 44 in June-had a hysterectomy due to a large fibroid and I am so glad I had this done
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:36 PM
How old is everyone?

I have children older than all of you. My son is 52 and my daughter is 50 and I am 72....Boy, am I scared. Never had major surgery before. Thought by now all parts would have dried up and blown away..LOL
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:40 PM
How old is everyone?

Hi all!

I'm 42 with 3 kiddos. My boys are 20 & 18, daughter is 16. I've been told that I look way younger than I am. Through all of this, at my different appointments, I've been told that I look too young to be going through this. One doctor's nurse even told me that she thought she called the wrong person when I stood up. Nothing like that to make you feel pretty good about yourself. Hee, hee! Anyways, it doesn't matter your age when you're dealing with pain & out of control female issues. Until someone has been in any one of our shoes & dealt with what we deal with, they really don't have a right to judge our decisions. That is one of the things I love so much about this site - the ladies here know what this process is about & are so supportive. I've been very lucky on the home front with a very supportive group of family & friends.

Onto your second question - I am scheduled for a TLAVH with a bladder sling on Tuesday. After 3 vaginal deliveries & my enlarged uterus constantly pressing into my bladder, my bladder is "falling forward." This has led to stress incontinence. So, my repair is for both issues. They basically use a small piece of some material to create a sling/hammock for the bladder. This puts the bladder back where it should be. That's how I understand it. Hope this helps!

Good luck to you!
Sue
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM
How old is everyone?

LovinlifeST,

Thanks for explaining that, I had never heard of that before and now the next time I hear it I will have an idea of what it is!

I guess my biggest concern is my mom, she is soo againest this surgery, my sister went through it at the age of 30 and she was all for it, but me at 27 she is totally againest it and my mom and I are very close so it hurts to know I am doing something she really don't want me to do, she even tried to talk the doctor out of the surgery when she heard that as an option, lol. so needless to say she is no longer allowed at any appts, except my surgery day. I think it could be because I am her "baby" being the youngest daugher ~ does this make sense to anyone who has girl's around my age?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register