How old is everyone? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
How old is everyone?

I'm 52 almost 53. I have 3 boys (young men) 26, 24 and 22. I definitely feel old, my kids are about the same age as some of you.
I am so sorry that some of you are having to go through these problems at such a young age.

I do know how frustrating it can be. Before my hysterectomy I had my period for 39 years yikes, even I have a really hard time saying that one!!! I've always had hormonal and heavy bleeding issues but it finally got to the point that I couldn't keep on bleeding the way I was or I was going to be needing fequent tranfusions.

Blessings to everyone,
Take Care,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2007, 07:15 PM
How old is everyone?

sweetiecarrie,

hi. I came home and was basically all alone too. I have had help with my trash and with groceries, but basically nothing else. Let me know if you need to talk. myemail is [email protected]

The worst part is being lonely, so don't hesitate to write me at my email address!!! It'll be ok!
Unread 04-07-2007, 08:25 PM
How old is everyone?

Oh yes, forgot to mention, my son is 5 yo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:31 PM
How old is everyone?

i had a TVH due to fibrioids, endo, and prolapse uterus on march 20th. i am 37 and have 1 daughter who just turned 2. we tried 7.5 years for our dd and feel very blessed to have a child. after the delivery (prolapse), we realized our lives would not be the same unless i had a hyst. we are considering expanding our family by adoption.

i have received many negative comments re: our decision to have a hyst. including several family members, so i totally understand...
Unread 04-07-2007, 10:59 PM
How old is everyone?

I am 36 with 3 little ones 7,6,&20 months. I am scheduled for tvh in May. I have had terrible pain since having a tubal ligation after my daughter was born. I was recently diagnosed with adenomyosis. I am tired of hurting and am hoping the hysterectomy will take care of all of it. My husband is apprehensive about it. I am not sure why, he has to be tired of my complaining about pain and hogging all of our ibuprofen!!
Have any of you found any link between your tubal ligation and the onset of your problems?
Also, I am nervous about recovery as my daughter is so young and so busy!
Thanks!
Unread 04-08-2007, 01:11 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 38. I have no children, always wanted at least one. Just had TAH BSO March 27th. People said things to me like "are you sure you want to do something so drastic"? I finally started asking them if they ever had a 5 week period and passed so many clots that you thought they wouldn't make it make it down the drain as you stood in the tub crying. That usually made them understand! I also became so anemic and unhealthy due to the problems that friends and coworkers could see something had to be done.

I prayed about it and have a peace about it now. Of course there are times when I am emotional but I am so happy to not be bleeding and I am 11 days into my recovery and really starting to feel like myself again!

God Bless You
Unread 04-08-2007, 09:38 AM
How old is everyone?

I'm turning 47 in July, married for 2 1/2 yrs, 4 furbabies, no kids of my own but raising an 11 yr old niece. This is my second go around with cancer, and it runs in the family.
I haven't had an negative comments when I say I had the surgery due to cancer. But then most of the ppl that know of the surgery saw how bad I looked before the surgery. While grocery shopping (before the surgery) I would stop and rest in the frozen food section; I would have ppl ask if I needed an ambulance. I have been told that if there was a pic of a walking dead it would have been mine. I was told after the surgery that my face had taken on a grayish hue and under my eyes was blackish. Now I get told that I have so much color in my face since the surgery.
This is a question that I think of when I read the stories of the women who have endo. I wonder if the increase in endo is due to the hormones given to the animals? They say that they can link the onset of early puberty to the hormones, has anyone linked the endo in young women to it?
Unread 04-08-2007, 09:43 AM
How old is everyone?

I'm 47 with 4 children 24 (foster son),23,22, and 16. I also have 4 foster grandchildren. I only call them that here to give you a clearer picture. They are my own as far as I'm concerned. Also have 1 dh, 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a full time job.
Unread 04-08-2007, 10:37 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 53, married with one grown, married daughter (31). I never had trouble before except for later in years I would have at least one day of heavy bleeding. My periods were always regular with maybe towards the end they were not going the full cycle. I feel great and have never had any trouble with periods, no PMS, no cramping, nada.

Had a well woman's check up with a new GYN and because I'm 53 and no sign of menopause ( not even when my bloodwork was checked for hormone levels) and my GYN said the national average for a woman to begin menopause is 51 she decided to to an endometrial biopsy. Turned out it came back Endometrial complex hyperplasia with atypia. I'm really thankful now, that she insisted that I have the biopsy done. So now I am anxiously awaiting my total hysterectomy on April 19th.

Last August my colon ruptured from diverticulitis and I ended up with a temporary colostomy. So really the surger was set for my colorectal surgeon to reverse the colostomy. He knew I had a GYN appointment and told me that if my GYN wanted to do any kind of surgery, they could do it together. I also came down with a big gallstone and so they are planning to remove my gallbladder during the same surgery.....so guess I'm lucky and will get all three done in one. Maybe I'll become the bionic woman. Can't say that I'm not worried.....I find myself waking up at night and not being able to go back to sleep just thinking about the surgery. Mostly, if my complex hyperplasia with atypia will turn out to be cancer. Then I read about all the women who have been thrown in to menopause after their surgery because ovaries came out and that adds additonal apprehension.

I know I will make it through everything but I'm sure, as most of you know....it is the fear of the unknown.
Unread 04-08-2007, 11:26 AM
How old is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat46
I wonder if the increase in endo is due to the hormones given to the animals? They say that they can link the onset of early puberty to the hormones, has anyone linked the endo in young women to it?
Dear Brat46,
I think you pose an important question. The beef & dairy industries are very (money) powerful in the US. Don't expect any major changes in the near future. But know this...France will not allow any beef or dairy to be imported from the US. I have not done a lot of research personally, but I would be willing to bet that their girls are not menstuating at age 9, as many of our girls are. Teen pregnancy is down here, but PRE-teen pregnancy is up. I never buy milk, cheese, butter or beef that is not organic. (specifically NO GROWTH HORMONES) It is more expensive, but I personally think it is worth it. Found this on the web....even worse that the HPV shot! http://www.recoilmag.com/news/chewab...rol_pills.html

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register