How old is everyone? - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 04-08-2007, 11:53 AM
How old is everyone?

Recoil Mag is a news satire site. "Parody news stories covering every conceivable topic"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 12:24 PM
How old is everyone?

Hi all....I will be turning the big 5-0 on April 18th, am married to my college sweetheart (30 years), and have a 22 year old son. My TAH/BSO is scheduled for May 21st. I am having the surgery for a number of reasons...extremely high estrogen levels that are creating problems...heavy, periods all the time for long durations, cysts on both ovaries, and the need to stop the estrogen production because I am high risk for breast cancer (diagnosed with atypical ductal hyperplasia three years ago) and will finish my 3rd year of tamoxifen this fall. 6-Month mammo is scheduled on my birthday, while 6-month MRI was clean. Have had 8 breast biopsies and three surgeries to remove abnormal cells. On top of it all I have lost 50 pounds over the past year and am actually in the healthiest shape I have been in over 15 years. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an uneventful surgery and recovery from the TAH/BSO!
Unread 04-08-2007, 12:24 PM
How old is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat46
Recoil Mag is a news satire site. "Parody news stories covering every conceivable topic"
Brat46, Thank goodness! It did sound "overdone", but a friends's 10 yo daughter was pregnant not too long ago.
To me it was shocking. Actually, I didn't think it was possible. Apparently it is possible to become pregnant even before menstruation if it is close. Makes me very sad. If food supply may be a factor, I want to do what ever possible to avoid it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
How old is everyone?

Hi ....I am 51 and having TAH on April 26th. I have no children......2 fur children tho....Schnauzers !!!
I still dont know what to about ovaries etc. in/out?????
Unread 04-08-2007, 05:07 PM
How old is everyone?

hi I"m 51 and have 3 children. Feeling pretty good. family taking very good care of me.
Unread 04-08-2007, 06:25 PM
How old is everyone?

Hi!
Boy, do I feel old. I'm 55 and am scheduled for an LSH on April 11th. I have excessive bleeding from fibroids. You would think I would have hit menopause by now. I guess I will on Wednesday.
Unread 04-08-2007, 06:29 PM
How old is everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathim
Hi ....I am 51 and having TAH on April 26th. I have no children......2 fur children tho....Schnauzers !!!
I still dont know what to about ovaries etc. in/out?????
I am 47 and wasn't quite sure what to do about the ovaries either. They were in good shape. Fortunately, have friends in med. field who strongly encouraged me to do the whole thing. Basically because they (the ovaries) had already slowed and would continue to anyway. Now on .05 estrogen and feel pretty much the same as before (a week ago). There is a lot on the net about NOT having hyster. especially complete. There will always be health issues to worry about, but now ovarian cancer won't be one of them!
Unread 04-08-2007, 06:42 PM
How old is everyone?

Hi,
I'm 49 and my husband and I have 3 children, Hannah 17, Isaac 16 and Elijah 13. I'm not really scared or nervous just ready to get this show on the road.
Thanks for making me feel welcome.
Unread 04-09-2007, 09:50 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 36 years old. I have two kids ages 13 & 7. I had a tubal with my youngest in 1999. Back then, I was diagnosed with fibroids that were shrinking and growing..usually no larger than a pea size. After my tubal, things started getting worse. HEAVY periods that would last 7 days (change a pad every 30 minutes!), back pain, tired and sick all the time. Just when I would start to get my strength back from the "after effects" of my period, I would be PMS and ready to start again. I noticed my stomach started bloating, clothes not fitting, eating made me feel really full/uncomfortable, hard to breath (take "double breaths"...like a sudden inhale..wierd). Then..my periods started whacking out. Had 2 in December, one 'light" one in January...then nothing. This prompted my doctor visit. That's when we discovered a 4 cm cyst on my rt ovary and a 11.5 x 8 cm fibroid on the top of my uterus. Oh..and an umbilical hernia. My surgery date is 04/17/07. I am very anxious. I did not plan on any more children (hence the reason for the tubal in '99). I worry a bit about my "womanhood". But, with all the support on here, I know I will be okay. I don't think it could be worse than the way I have been feeling. I am walking around like I am 5 mos pregnant. Maternity clothes and everything. Been this way for about a year. I hope you make out good with your surgery. I thought I was young for this too, but now I see that it can happen at any age. Glad to know you are out there. I will be praying for you.

Robin
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:08 AM
How old is everyone?

Hi ladies,Im steff and im 27,i have one 7yre old daughter and 3 step daughters 4,6 and 13 years as my partner was widowed very young ,and the girls tragically lost their mum and we all live together,they are my absolute blessings i never thought i could have xxx hope you are all well ladies

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register