How old is everyone? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How old is everyone? How old is everyone?

Unread 04-09-2007, 10:26 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 43 and have 5 children 23, 22, 18, soon to be 7 and 5 1/2. This was the best decision I ever made. Hope that all goes well for you and remember only you can deside what is best for you (with your Dr.s help)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 11:03 AM
How old is everyone?

I am 43 and I am scheduled for TAH on May 23rd. I have no children but always wanted a family. 11 years ago I had a myomectomy to remove a few really large fibroids that were interfering with my bowels and causing me terrible pain. I was getting engaged at the time which made me beg to keep the uterus so I could have a family. At that time the Dr. said I had small fibroids all over my uterus along with the large ones he removed. I was good for a few years except for one larger one that he could not get to that has always hurt me.

The engagement didn't work out (for the best) but I am 11 years out of the myomectomy and the fibroids pain has increased with a vengence. I am in so much discomfort now that I cannot even button my pants over my abdomen. I am getting the TAH to relieve myself of constant abdominal pain. People keep telling me I am still young enough to have kids but they don't get the issues surrounding living with fibroids.

I will miss having kids but I will not miss being so unhealthy. At some point I think you just have to take care of your health.
Unread 04-09-2007, 12:25 PM
reply to what is a bladder sling

it is a operation where they go and make three inscisions in the vagina, and put a mesh sling under the urethra to make it so that when you laugh or cough and things to that effect, you don't pee. Kinda imbarising thing to do at the age of 25. But that is what it is. It kinda makes a little hamock under it, and holds everything in place where it should be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 12:55 PM
How old is everyone?

Do what you feel, you've all made the right decision, I'm 45, my daughter is 17, only child. I'm fine with my decision & besides I have enough neices & nephews....I'll be ok...
Unread 04-09-2007, 02:58 PM
How old is everyone?

Having hysterectomy was the best decision I ever made. I kept only one ovary mostly to maintain some bone health. It doesn't work well, but well enough to avoid soft bones for now. I have far more energy now than for a very long time.
Unread 04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
How old is everyone?

I am 45, two kids in college. They are so happy that I am having this done.
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:02 PM
How old is everyone?

I'm 43, no kids
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:24 PM
37 years old

Hi,
This is my first post and I am soooo greatful someone posted that is younger than me. I am 37, but look 27 . My uterus is rebelling. I have 3 children 12, 11 and 4. I had to tell work today that I need to take time off to get a hyst and until I explain why.. people look at me like I am crazy. My family has a history of uterine cancer and early hyst. I currently have 2 good weeks a month without abdominal pain and migraines. I was diagnosed with Adno, a fibroid and recently a cyst on my ovary. The hits keep coming. My uterus is getting larger. So..I finally spoke the words and it gets easier to ignore those who don't share your physical and emotional pains. My husband and mother fully support it and don't want me to wait any longer. Just think, the better we feel the more time we can enjoy with our loved ones.
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:15 PM
How old is everyone?

Hi Im 38 will be 39 on April 27 i HAVE 4 SONS FROM MY FIRST HUSBAND AND SOOOOO wish I didnt have a tubal 13 years ago so I could give my now husband a child as he has never had any...

My boys are 20,18,15,and 13
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
How old is everyone?

Pattipooh:
Hi Im 38 will be 39 on April 27 i HAVE 4 SONS FROM MY FIRST HUSBAND AND SOOOOO wish I didn't have a tubal 13 years ago so I could give my now husband a child as he has never had any...

My husband has no biological children either. I had tubes tied when I was 20. We where going to untie them this year.....
I feel what you are going through. I had to remind myself that I am already so blessed and that he can be a father with out fathering.
Adoption or surrogacy if you keep your eggs are an option, but $$$$.
We agreed that my health was more important. I still cry.
so hugs to what you are feeling. what a strong woman you are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register