cin 3 diagnosis(sp?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cin 3 diagnosis(sp?) cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Unread 06-16-2001, 03:06 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

was diagnost(sp?) in early may have went through colospy and leep procedure since then. results came back no tumors and had not invaded surrounding tissues. dr. wants to wait until sept to do another pap and leep cone then will discuss hyster then.he left it up to my comfort level and i can call him if my comfort level changes. although he says its not cancer i still dont want it left in me found this site when surfing for info. im an info junkie. any advice and support is greatly needed. also have a sil who i have showed this site to has sever endo also looking at a hyster soon. thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2001, 03:36 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Hi, Cris! Welcome!

This is the place to be--several of us have been in similar circumstances. I had a cone biopsy way back in 1987 which showed CIN 3. The doctor felt then that the bad cells had been removed and I had PAPs done every 3 months for 2 years which were either normal or mildly abnormal. I continued every 6 month visits for a long time and I did well (either normal or CIN 1) until around 1995 when it came back. I had freezings done a couple of times which seemed to work for short periods of time. Then after another 2 years of normal PAPs I had one show carcinoma-in-situ again. After a biospy, LEEP and D&C, we decided that a hysterectomy was definitely in order since the bad cells went through to the margins (there were no good cells). I was fairly comfortable saying I was finished having children and I couldn't stand the thought of fighting those cells any longer. The doctor and pathologist both felt it should be done immediately, so in I went 2 weeks later. It was scary, but I really believed it was in my best interest and I didn't want to take the chance it would turn cancerous on me.

I wish you well with your decisions. Please feel free to ask any questions any time--we are all here to help support you. I know other sisters will be along soon to share their stories. I also wish your sil well. Will look forward to seeing you post again!
Unread 06-16-2001, 05:47 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

jeanine thank you for answering my post my husbands family lives in fortville and greenfield in. i am also certain that i will not have anymore children dd are 18 and 16 this is a very confusing time for me as mine was also carcinoma-in-situ . it helps to know others are going through it to . did you decide to keep ovaries? although i know i have a couple of months to decide i have been on this site everyday for info. found other sites but not as great as this one. hope to see you post soon cris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2001, 07:48 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

I did keep my ovaries, and I feel great! I figured I was only 37 and still had a number of years to make use of them. My doc said as long as they looked good at the time of surgery I could keep them, so I did!
Unread 06-16-2001, 08:10 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

i am also 37 why did they want to do yours so quickly my dr is taking the wait and watch way. i have really not got into the hyster part with the dr. i also need to investigate family history had several aunts with ovarian cyst. dr said some cervical and uterine problems are not heriditary. some of the things i have read says ovaries fail after a couple of years and had to be removed. also had a friend who had a hyster but is taking herbs instead of hrt because of breast cancer history works for her but not real sure for me. as you know all the info can be confusing. but i keep reading and i guess dr and i will decide what is best for me. but any suggestions will diffinitly (sp) help with list of questions for dr. cris
Unread 06-16-2001, 08:26 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Why so quickly? I think because I'd had normal PAPs every 3 months for 2 years then all of a sudden it was CIN 3. So, in Aug it was normal then in Nov it was CIN 3. That's a big change in such a short time. So in Dec we did the biopsy (which interestingly enough was normal--but that's only an assessment of the external cervix). Then in Jan we did the LEEP and D&C which confirmed the CIN 3. So, I don't know if he was afraid that maybe my PAPs weren't always coming back reliably or if he thought it was an aggressive case, but he was quite adamant about getting it done. Usually cervical disease progresses quite slowly, but in some rare cases it moves very quickly (I know of one sister that happened to and she will be here soon to tell you herself).

So, I guess you just need to ask your doctor what his view is on things, then weigh the pros and cons of doing it now or later and make your decision. I'm glad I did it sooner--the waiting would have killed me! But everyone needs to make their own decision based on their own needs. Good luck!

Oops--almost forgot. I did read in one source that 50% of women's ovaries failed within 5 years of their hysterectomy. But that also means that 50% are still functioning at 5 years. I hope I'm in the latter group!
Unread 06-16-2001, 08:36 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

thanks for the info i was very stupid and did not get paps yearly. family doctor called and said i needed to schedule my yearly pap lol i felt god was telling me something so went ahead and had one big surprise but gyn feels confidant in taking all the right steps in diagnosis. wants to do the leep cone to see what kind of hyster is needed. he wanted to let cervix heal before doing any more.and will not let me forget to get a pap anymore. every four months. will not be so stupid anymore took care of family but let myself go. not anymore dh and dd wont let me not take care of myself. been doing alot of walking with dh and back on vitamins trying to get as healthy as possible before the fall again thanks it is wonderful to talk with someone else that is going through the same
Unread 06-16-2001, 08:42 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Good for you! Eat well, sleep well, and get some exercise. And don't forget to take time out for yourself for just a few minutes each day to pray, meditate, read, whatever. Just time that's for only you. It's so easy for us to forget to take care of ourselves when we have family that needs taken care of.
Unread 06-16-2001, 08:47 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

thanks hope to talk again soon must go get some sleep. will check every day as i always do
Unread 06-16-2001, 10:00 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Hi Cris,

I understand the "i want it out". I had my first abnormal pap in 1989. I had the colposcopy and then a Cone Biopsy. My paps were normal for the next 10 years.

In Nov '99 the pap came back abnormal again. My dr was using the terms mild, moderate, and severe. He called me and I went in for a colposcopy, more paps, until April, 00 when I had a Cone. My next pap in July came back abnormal again. The path report said that they couldn't rule out a high grade lesion. In Sept my dr recommended a hyst and I asked if I could have it done after the holidays. My surgery was Jan '01. So it was over a year between the first abnormal pap and my hyst. The path report from the hyst said CIN3/CIS...a lesion high in the cervix.

I didn't go looking for information on the internet until a month before my hyst. Had I looked sooner, I think I would have been pushing for him to "just get rid of it". I did say that to him back in '89, but he advised against it and it worked out well.

Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register