cin 3 diagnosis(sp?) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cin 3 diagnosis(sp?) cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Unread 06-17-2001, 12:36 AM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Welcome Cris, here is my story:

Back in Aug. 1999 I had a normal pap smear.For some reason, I had another one in April 2000, the result was CIN3/ carcinoma in situ, ( in 8 mths it went from normal to CIN3). In May 2000 I had a colposcopy and this result said, aggressive / invasive CIN3. My gyno. performed a LEEP and the pathology suggested a hysterectomy. At the time I was renovating our home and the gyno assured me it would be OK to wait until August 2000 ,( until I had finished the renovating) to have the hyster done. So I had the hyster Aug 29 and at my 3 mths checkup, in Nov. 2000 there were still precancerous cells on the vaginal wall, so unfortunately the hyster didn't remove them all. In Feb 2001 the gyno performed laser which was a failure and then he decided to refer me to an oncologist. During an upper vaginectomy found that the CIN3 had progressed to cancer and now I am going through radiation to treat it.

I just wish now that I had of had my hyster immediately but I made my decision on the gyno's advice and felt it was the right one. Unfortunately for me it wasn't. CIN3 most always progresses to cancer and there is no knowing how fast it will grow, usually it is slow growing but in a small percent it can be aggressive.

My ovaries were left because they were healthy and there was no reason to have them removed. They are working perfectly at the moment.

This is a most personal decision and it is good to be well informed before making any decision. What has happened to me only happens in about 5% of women.

It is good that you are getting your body into top shape before the op. Eating well and excersising are a great idea. Talk to your doctor and ask questions as you are an individual and only he knows your history.

I am so happy that you found us, we all know what you are going through and are here for you every step of the way. Good luck with your decision and take good care. x x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2001, 07:07 AM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

hello em and robynb thanks for replying it makes me feel really good to know i am not alone. one problem i am having is this. i had the leep almost four weeks ago followed dr. instructions so i would not get infection. also had (.) week three of healing process .problem is stomach is swollen and hard as a three or four month pregnancy. talked to dr. nurse on friday said this should not be a result of leep. but if the swelling is not down by monday to call back and would get me into dr. did anyone have this problem? have not had any of the problems most of the ladies have had except for bad pap. this really has me worried will be calling dr. on monday thanks for any input
Unread 06-17-2001, 07:09 AM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Just wanted to give you a angel and say we're here for you.

And you might want to look at some of Vicki's great links at the top of the page and read up a little while making your decision.

At 37, I think I'd keep the ovaries (cervical cancer, in general, isn't estrogen driven and isn't related to ovarian cancer). Cysts aren't a sign of much either apparently. If ovaries "fail" they don't have to be taken out. In fact, ovaries after menopause still produce some hormones. HRT or herbs can both work well or lead you up a Jungle path, so I'd lean toward keeping them--though of course your doctor will have the best insight into that. Ovarian cancer is rough, but it's also rare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2001, 10:24 AM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Hi, Cris!

Yes, you should call your doctor about your hard tummy. There's no reason a LEEP would cause that, so maybe he has some other ideas. Good luck!
Unread 06-18-2001, 09:41 AM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Hi Cris,

Thought you'd like to know that there are tests that can be performed to help your dr and you determine the general health of your ovaries. Mr dr ordered an external & internal ultrasound of the pelvic area to take pictures of the ovaries. If they look to be healthy and the dr gives thumbs up, I guess I'll keep them, because I understand that even after menopause they continue to produce some hormones. I'm in the same position as you are; being diagnosed w/ severe dysplasia (CIN3), w/ no real sense of urgency on the part of my dr. (He just wants me to have it done before the end of the summer.) I don't understand how he can be sure it won't progress to invasive cancer before then. He even stated that after 5 years, if left untreated, they might not even have progressed to cancer. I do trust him, but I also want these bad cells out of me ASAP; not to mention the fact that I don't want to let this virus rule my life any longer than possible (I can't think of anything else!). Hope some of this is useful to you. Keep posting!
Unread 06-18-2001, 11:27 AM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

HELLO JUST BACK FROM THE DOCTOR ON HARD STOMACH. THE GOOD NEWS IS NO INFECTION AND THE LEEP HAS HEALED HE DID SAY SOME WOMEN HAVE POST MENSTRAL SWELLING AND GAVE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR IT. GUESS MY BODY DID NOT TAKE TO KINDLY TO THE BIOPSY AND GETTING (.) SOON AFTER. HI TERRY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BUT HE SAID HE WOULD SEE ME IN SEPT. SO WILL STAY ON VITAMINS AND KEEP WALKING TO GET IN BETTER SHAPE BY FALL. ALSO READING AND VISITING THIS SITE EVERY DAY TO GET MORE INFORMED. ANY INFO TOSSED MY WAY IS GREATLY APPRICIATED. HOPE TO TALK TO EVERY BODY SOON:ANGEL:
Unread 06-18-2001, 01:48 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

tried to get cute little faces and stuff to work copy list from thread did not work am i doing something wrong?
Unread 06-18-2001, 01:50 PM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

oops worked that time sorry
Unread 02-20-2004, 07:10 AM
cin 3 diagnosis(sp?)

Hi Terri (TJ) I think that all of the ladies who posted here can all agree with me that dysplasia even if it is a CIN I, CIN II, or CIN III is very unpredictable. I had "pap smear scares" from dysplasia since 1996...always a CIN I - Mild. In 10/03 my pap smear came back a CIN II and CIN III - Moderate, Severe. I had to have yet another colposcopy and then 3 punch biopsies done on 12/23/03. My results came back on 1/8/04 still a CIN II and CIN III. I had my TVH and cervix removed on 1/19/04 the next day...pathology had my reports. My CIN II and CIN III had jumped in less then a month directly to a CIN III and a few cancer cells were found. I'am not telling you this to scare you...I just want to enlighten you to my personal experience in regards to dysplasia. I'am grateful that my surgery was quick and now I feel so much better...especially knowing that I no longer have a dreaded cervix.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register