Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 04-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Hi all!

Day 16 for me too countrygal! Yesterday was a very "off" day - I slept most of it & felt like I was on a sleeping pill the rest. I've been off narcotics for 4 days now & just took my second Motrin for the day (last one was 11 hours ago). Like everyone else has said - some twinges & pulling & it finally seems like my bladder spasms are starting to mellow out. I'm trying to take it easier as I think I was pushing it the previous days - pushing it for a post-op recoverer but not near what I do in a normal day. I've read 6 books so far & am working on a cross stitch for my mom. I've also been keeping up with my computer work for the office when I'm up for it. I've made it out on a couple outings but they always seem to wipe me out. DH has to work late tonight so DS & his girlfriend are coming to take me to the grocery store. Hopefully that won't be too much but I have to go - the basics are disappearing. Doc would not give me driving privileges Tuesday as my bladder spasms were still very painful. I'm thinking first part of next week. I wasn't real thrilled but what can we do. I'm still so happy that I did this. All the chronic female pain I'd been having seems to be gone. Yippee!
Happy Healing Ladies!
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 06:40 PM

Hi guys - I'm on day 14. I too tried going to Walmart today (I know - that's a no no) and boy did I suffer afterwards. Had to go back to pain meds it hurt so bad. I also felt fine walking around the house, steps, etc. Yesterday I actually felt better when I got up and walked around my yard. Thought a trip to the store would be okay. I was going to go back to work on Monday but now I am not so sure. There was one blessing out of my trip to Walmart - I was always holding my stomach because it felt better so I bought a couple support panties. THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!! All of you should have someone get you some (don't try it yourself if you haven't already). I am 5'2 and 152 lbs (I really thought I would loose some having my insides removed but noooooooooo - I actually gained a couple pounds which was really disheartening). I took a medium in the panties so you should all get some. It really feels good. This may be TMI but it really made me feel better. For those of you with diarreaha (sp), be thankful. I forgot to take my stool softener yesterday (bad day) and did I pay for it last night. It nearly took my breath away. I am much better now tho. I took a walk with my dogs and cats (yes, the cats follow me) and feel okay now. The pain meds may also be helping but it has been several hours since I took one. It is sooooooo wonderful having all of you, knowing I am not the only one going through this. This site has been a god send.
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:53 PM

wow its great to see everyone has the same going on, is there anyone here who hasent tried the walmart trip yet? LOL I had to go to pic up meds, thought i would grab some juice,fruit and wave petunias be4 they were gone, didnt think i would make it back to the front of the store, my boyfriend laughed his butt off. guess we are all getting stir crazy in the house and think we feel better than we do? still have the gas, can feel it walk down the hall to the back door then nothing, its driving me crazy, dont think it will ever all get out of my belly! i have short term dis plus and it starts 14 days after surgery called today and they say they dont have everything from doc, I think they put you through so much so mayb you will say forget it, they are driving me crazy, does anyone know if maybe there is a post anywhere on this site for disablilty stuff? everyone get well soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 09:24 PM

I'm not having a good day today. My body is very achy and kind of nauseous. My BF brought dinner for me and DH. She's so great! She cleaned my kitchen and swept and mopped. My DH is angry with me. My BF used the wrong stuff to mop the floor and I told my DH he should have told her what to use (since I was in the restroom.) He got upset with me, said I was being witchy. I wasn't trying to be, didn't think I was but now he's giving me the silent treatment. He's been so great, very understanding, so I don't know why he is so upset with me now. Even if I am a little witchy, I don't mean to be. I'm very depressed because I can't go workout and I feel like a cow! I'm afraid to get on the scale. I wish I had trouble eating. I'm eating from boredom I guess. My hot flashes are getting worse. They seem to happen more when I get upset. I have my 2 week f/u on Monday so maybe my doc can address that. I'm also having alot of bladder spasms. Still have major constipation. I think most of my pain is that. The pain is not normal constipation pains. They are more sharp than dull but it happens during a bm (when I have one) so I'm pretty sure it is from the constipation. I've got alot of pulling, mainly in the groin area down to my legs. Pretty much what everybody else has said.
Hope all is well with everyone else.
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:26 AM
post op day 15

Went to the ER on Tuesday as I was having increased pain in my left side and back. Had tried a glycerin suppository the night before with very little result. Abdomen was distended and couldn't pass gas. Hurt to put my feet down every time I took a step. My family doc did some blood work, urine and an abdominal xray--turns out I was loaded with poop. I had kinda figured that. Was given a shot of Morphine and Gravol then an oral fleet which caused bad bowel cramping and eventually very watery BM's for a long time. Felt some relief after and then slept lots! Have been having lots of pulling pain in left side and that's where the bad cramps and back pain were when I went to the hospital. Anyone else having severe constipation? Bought some Senekot-S today, gonna give it a whirl. Still tired. Flow very light.
Take care, guys,--I like reading your posts. Nice to know I'm not alone.
Jennifer
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:22 AM

Newest trauma for me: Part of my incision has started to open. There's something about seeing the thickness of your skin..yuck! My primary care physician can't do anything until next week so I was told to keep it clean and bandaged. Worst case scenario...I'll have a lumpy scar as a souvenir!
Unread 04-27-2007, 07:41 AM

HI all-

Today is day 17. I went to my oldest soccer game on SAT and got a horrific sunburn. Had been on Levaquin for 10 days and forgot that it makes you VERY sensitive to sunlight! Recovery is going well. I have two small incision (approx 1 inch) near my pubic bone from my bladder sling. The right incision healed beautiful, but the left has not. It is open and will not heal well. The worst part is that the doc put steristrips over it, but did not shave the area. Just put the strips right over the pubic hair! I am going to bring a roll of DUCT tape for my f/u visit and give him a wax (tape) job!!! I have had to shave the area (very carefully) and put a small round bandaid over the area to protect it (every time I went to the bathroom and pulled down my underwear, the scab that had formed would stick to my underwear and I would pull off the scab ..... TMI , I know!!!). The discharge has stopped and I can sneeze, laugh, and cough without peeing in my pants! I still have good and bad days, but mostly good. Keep pampering the princess in each of us!!!

- DeeDee
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM

hello all ,
I am on day 18 still hurting . heavy bleeding finally stopped .Bladder with the sling seems better . do you guys seem to be depressed ? I feel as i am going up and down . have a greaty day
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:42 AM

This site is the best. It makes me feel better just to know the stuff I'm feeling is "normal". I may be the only one to not have tried the Walmart trip yet - not that I haven't been tempted -- what has kept me away is that I am a teacher and we live in a VERY small town -- I never go to Walmart without having a "parent-teacher conference" LOL and seeing lots of my colleagues. So I am pretty scared to go there since I think they would see me and think - hey - why isn't she back in school? So I have resisted the urge. I think this weekend I am going to have DH take me out of town to go to dinner or something so I don't go completely stir crazy! I was out of commission with severe pain for about two weeks, then had an explo lap in the 4 wks prior to surgery so this is 6 weeks or so for me being pretty much out of commission. I am happy at this point to be feeling better than I did before surgery - so progress!
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:45 AM

This site is great , keeps you looking forward to th enext day .

lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register