Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 04-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

I am not ready to drive yet either...our surgery was the same day. Where I am in PA we have 46 and rain right now. I am in central PA but you are right it is suppose to be nicer tomorrow. I plan to go to church tomorrow. Thinking of going out for supper tonight though....don't feel like cooking...lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2007, 02:07 PM

I am having a little trouble today. I'm not sure if I am having bladder spasms or a UTI. I woke up with it this morning.
Unread 04-28-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mis1875
I am having a little trouble today. I'm not sure if I am having bladder spasms or a UTI. I woke up with it this morning.
I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you feel better soon. Sending good thoughts your way.

Take care of yourself,

peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistic33
I am not ready to drive yet either...our surgery was the same day. Where I am in PA we have 46 and rain right now. I am in central PA but you are right it is suppose to be nicer tomorrow. I plan to go to church tomorrow. Thinking of going out for supper tonight though....don't feel like cooking...lol.
It's dreary here and cool too. I am just north of Pittsburgh. I think we are going out for pizza for dinner tonight. I hope it does get nice tomorrow, the weatherman is always wrong, lol.

Peggy
Unread 04-28-2007, 02:15 PM

I am having a pretty good day compared to my others . I live in Maryland and its rain here to , I will be glad to see nice weather . Take care
Unread 04-28-2007, 02:23 PM

Ladybug#1 - I too am in Maryland but I am having a frustrating day. I went to my son's ballgame this morning and by the time I left I was hurting pretty bad. I just wish I knew when to try and ignore it and when to take it easy. Its day 16. I live in a house full of men and they are wondering if I am ever going to stop hurting. I try to ignore the crampy, stabbing pains but sometimes its hard. I am trying to decide whether to go to work Monday or not - just not sure yet. It is not raining here but it might as well be - its really dreary and windy. I'm really glad you're having a good day - I'm sure you deserve it.
Unread 04-28-2007, 02:26 PM

Thanks Chefpeg!
Unread 04-28-2007, 03:31 PM

I had no choice but to start driving 10 days after surgery...and even now I notice the spasms about 20 minutes into a trip. It's frustrating when a half-hour trip to get a few groceries leads to 3-4 hours in bed! Since I live alone, I don't have much choice, but I'm thinking I have it easy compared to those of you with husbands and sons around. It never ceases to amaze me how different they respond to pain and injuries! (My sons are 22 & 29 and don't understand why I don't want to drive 30 miles to sit at the beach!). Hang tough ladies...we are all gonna make it!
Unread 04-28-2007, 05:11 PM

Everyone is so much more ambitious than I am. I turn 52 next week - am I just older than the rest of you? Maybe that is the reason I have no get-up-and-go. I am a writer and I had these lofty plans of keeping a journal and that is a dream that will never come to pass! I am getting a little more attention span and I can actually read 1 chapter of a Nora Roberts book before having to poop out and turn on the HG station to only be consumed by another home decorating show! I should be losing my mind, but I am so slow right now I don't even have the sense to be bored yet! The mere idea of going to Walmart just puts me under again!!!

Today my DH wanted me to go to Home Depot with him to get some flowers. My son graduates from college on May 26 and we have a big party planned fo that day. I hope I have some ambition by then or all of the food will have to come from Costco LOL!!

Anyway, my only complaint is that it is still sore to sit and I spend most of my time reclined on the sofa or slouched in a chair. I noticed today that if I take 2 Advil (ibuprophen, and by the way, the gel-caps don't seem to tear up my stomach like Motrin or the other ones do) that it does help with the little sharp ouchies between my legs. I am still struggling with the bm thing, and have taken 1 colace today, but plan on taking 2 milk of magnesia tablets tonight. The colace may keep things soft, but I am having a heck of time getting rid of the stuff when it moves down it just sits there and gives me pains,and causes me to have trouble with the other end as well. I guess all of the tightening up of my girlie parts that the babies stretched will take some getting used to. The good news is that there is no leakage!!! Hurrah! I can sneeze again!!! It is like being 16 again!! Let's hope the trade-offs are worth it.

**If anyone has suggestions on how to have a bm without trauma, please poste your experiences. I am sure many of us need help with this, but it is such a private matter that not everyone feels comfy venting --but it is soooo important!! By the way, I got DH to get prunes. We stewed them with prune juice, a little sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Now, I know this sounds strange, but I put them o Breyers 1/2 fat slow churned vanilla ice cream at night and it is dessert to die for (something like rum-raison ice cream without the rum--although that could be interesting, but with meds I would use rum flavoring, not the real stuff! (not the cure we need right now!!!)

I did not write after my surgery because I was too much in pain and much to bedridden to move. I had a LSH with anterior and posterior vaginal repair, with a rectocele and cystocele plus bladder repair and lifting. Cervix also got lifted up, I think - and both are now being suspended from the sacral ligament. OUCH! Surgery took 4 hours. My Dr. had schedued me for 2 1/2 hours, but said he had never done this many procedures at one time and underestimated. I never had any - well, much - pain in my tummy area. Most of my ouchies are from the repair work done below. My OB has a urology specialty, which I got very lucky getting along with his regular skills! I went home with a catheter, which he removed in a week, but I had to get it put back after a day, because my intestinal issues were causing me so much pain and problems that I just closed up shut again. I got the catheter out last Wednesday, and I sure hope that is the end of "FLO" (I named my bag FLO, short for Florence. I decided I needed to make friends with "her from the get-go!"

I had my hyster because I had a period that lasted for 2 months, then I ended up with a blood count of 6. Got 3 emergency units from the local blood bank and 2 units of IV-iron, only to raise my count to a 10 (normal range is 12-16) Even bled with progesterin! Ended up having a couple of fibroids and andemyosis (sp??). I have had clots the size of oranges and no life for the last year. Funny how all of this came after I had a car accident last March when my car was hit by a truck running a red light. I am still trying to settle that. Some of you have posted that after this surgery you felt like you got hit by a truck. I am living testimony that YES, it does feel like getting hit by a truck!! No kidding. The comparison is actually very close!!

I have not had any emotional swings, and am feeling so sorry for those who have had the tears. This sounds nutty, but the night before my surgery I just thanked my uterus for the good job it has done, and then told it nicely "good-bye" and explained that it had to go now!!! I guess I was trying to avoid the grief of loss crises that some women have. It may have worked, because I just feel great relief!

Thanks for all of the support. Even when I could not write due to pain and no attention span, I could read the postings on a laptop DH would put beside me on the bed. It has been so nice not to feel alone, and to have a resource to find answers for my questions, as they arise.

Best wishes to everyone!
Unread 04-28-2007, 05:21 PM

[quote=Margie123]Everyone is so much more ambitious than I am. I turn 52 next week - am I just older than the rest of you? Maybe that is the reason I have no get-up-and-go. I am a writer and I had these lofty plans of keeping a journal and that is a dream that will never come to pass! I am getting a little more attention span and I can actually read 1 chapter of a Nora Roberts book before having to poop out and turn on the HG station to only be consumed by another home decorating show! I should be losing my mind, but I am so slow right now I don't even have the sense to be bored yet! The mere idea of going to Walmart just puts me under again!!!

Margie - I'm 47, but I'm with ya! I also am a writer (but also a teacher) and I have not had the energy to do anything but post on here, read posts, and watch tv. I have a stack of books to read and have read 2 chapters or so in 2 weeks. I have watched every craft show (TiVo) there is - don't know why - I don't have the energy to do any LOL.

You had a LOT of work done, though - I would definitely not worry about it - take it easy while you can!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register