Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 04-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

OOOPS!

I wrote a long reply, then lost it. Not too coordinated! If it shows up somewhere unfinished, that's what happened.

Anyway, thanks for your support. I am glad to know that not everyone is bouncing out in cars and into stores! I am a real slug right now. I will just have to give myself more grace, I guess! It really encourages me to know that you are also sitting in this lovely little puddle too! I guess I may still have anemia, too. But, the Dr. said not to take iron for a few more weeks. Hopefully that will resolve too!

I had such big plans to scrapbook old photos and to go through my office clutter. I guess it will just wait for me until I get around to it!

Have a nice rest of the weekend. I am in CA and it is hot today!!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2007, 06:22 PM
sad

do any of you go thru alot of crying ? I am just feeling so up and down I had my surgery on th e10th of april . I dont know why i cry i just get so down .have a great day
Unread 04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
You poor thing.

I have not had the crying but I did before my surgery when I was on progesterone. My guess is that your hormones are sleeping! I had a friend who went into a terrible depression but got better immediatley on HRT.If you still have your ovaries, they may just be sleeping from the shock of the surgery. Also, if you have not come to terms with stopping childbearing, that could also be an issue for you. Some ladies have a great sense of loss, especially if you are younger. Give yourself permission to sob when you need to then eat a piece of chocolate! Call your Dr. on Monday if it is not better. Afterall, that is what you pay him for! Take care and be well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2007, 06:46 PM

I was crying like crazy last week when I was stressed out by problems with my doctor and pain, etc. - not a problem this week . . .
Unread 04-28-2007, 08:44 PM

I had my LAVH/BSO on 4/12. This is day 16 and I am having sharp stabbing pain on both sides. Have any of you had this? It hurts so bad at times it scares me. I am hoping it is just because I have done a lot of walking the last 3 days but the pain meds and laying down is not even getting rid of it completely. Any ideas
Unread 04-28-2007, 10:13 PM

I had a TAH on 4/10 and when my staples were removed on 4/17, there were areas that were red. My doc gave me antibiotics to take in case there was an infection. The steristrips were removed last Tuesday and I have two small areas that aren't completely closed and I was told to keep Neosporin on them until they heal from the inside out. I read about the Peroxide that you were using and I wonder if that would help me, good question for my doc, thanks!
Unread 04-28-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4ever
I had my LAVH/BSO on 4/12. This is day 16 and I am having sharp stabbing pain on both sides. Have any of you had this? It hurts so bad at times it scares me. I am hoping it is just because I have done a lot of walking the last 3 days but the pain meds and laying down is not even getting rid of it completely. Any ideas
Please start a new thread for the purpose of asking questions about your recovery so that you will have the benefit of many members rather than the few who read this progress thread. This forum is for progress reports only.

Please call your doctor, and I hope that you feel better soon.
Unread 04-29-2007, 07:11 AM

Well guys I have my doc appointment tomorrow also. Doc wasn't in last week when it would have been two weeks so it's actually 3 weeks since mine. I'm going to see if he'll perhaps let me go back to work at least parttime the following week. I don't do much lifting there so perhaps he'll let me. My DH isn't so sure the doc will let me. Chefpeg what kind of puppy do you have? My daughter has a chiuaha/sheltie mix named Harley and she sure has been company for me when everyone is going to work and school. It's gonna be 80 here today in Utah so it'd be nice to have a convertible. But no such luck. Have fun ladies and take care!! countrygal
Unread 04-29-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygalcp
Well guys I have my doc appointment tomorrow also. Doc wasn't in last week when it would have been two weeks so it's actually 3 weeks since mine. I'm going to see if he'll perhaps let me go back to work at least parttime the following week. I don't do much lifting there so perhaps he'll let me. My DH isn't so sure the doc will let me. Chefpeg what kind of puppy do you have? My daughter has a chiuaha/sheltie mix named Harley and she sure has been company for me when everyone is going to work and school. It's gonna be 80 here today in Utah so it'd be nice to have a convertible. But no such luck. Have fun ladies and take care!! countrygal
Hi there,

My precious babies are Rat Terriers. I have two puppies; Asta, boy and Daisy, girl. I also have an older Ratter her name is Dobby. They are the most lovable and sweetest babies I have ever had. They have helped my healing so much, I just can't tell you.

"Woof, woof, woof to Harley from Dobby, Daisy and Asta.

Peggy
Unread 04-29-2007, 01:03 PM

HI Margie, I wish I had your weather....I am in PA and it is 61 here today but better than the rainy cool day we had yesterday.

I am 33 and had an abdominal hysterectomy with one ovary removed...you had alot more done than some of us...maybe that is why you are still down. Good luck. I am an at home mom of 4 girls under 11...I have to have energy! LOL

Misti

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register