Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 04-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Hi Misti. Thanks for your encouragement. I am beginning to think you all are right and I just need to be patient. I didn't think I was having that much done, but now I am beginning to realize I did! I am feeling fortunate with my adenomyosis that I never had the pain that I am now discovering most have. Perhaps it was a huge blessing that I had my hyster before that became full-blown and miserable. I guess all of the bleeding I did was my wake-up call. It is funny to relax this much! I am finally starting to normalize in my "nether-regions". However, last night I was up every hour with a lot of pain in the "outer-areas." I cannot figure it out. Nothing is swollen or weird looking. I just had a lot of pain and burning. I am thinking it is part of the healing process because today is much better. It is sure exhausting to be up every hour on the hour.

Thanks again for helping me put my healing timeframe into context. I guess I am just lucky not to be going batty from being homebound for 19 straight days! I cannot believe I have not been shopping for that long a period of time!

I have distant cousins in PA. Sorry that the weather is gloomy, still. It is so nice here now . Sweet peas are 8' high and glorious this spring. You will get yours soon, I am sure. Have a lovely day. Thanks again for your encouragement! You are so young! I can't imagine chasinging all of those kiddos! I have 2 grand daughters -
I had 3 brothers and 3 sons, and I am having such fun with these girls! Enjoy yours - but don't get too tired (LOL!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Pathology report back

I went to the dr on Sat as 1 incision was not healing, getting worse even after a week on antibiotics. Am now on 2 more antibiotics and a topical antibiotic. He even did a swab just to be sure it isn't anything more than just an infection
The pathology report was back so he advised me that it showed cervical cancer. Of course when I heard that word I had that sinking feeling.
Once I got it together he told me that it was isolated & had not spread & as everything had been removed no further treatment would be required. Everything else taken out was normal.
I just can't say enough good things about my dr for keeping at the gyn that there was something wrong even though I had none of the normal symptoms just a number of C125 blood tests that were high.
I have had only 2 night sweats, 2 days after surgery & a few chills the first few days. No hotflashes or chills since. Uncomfortable from the vaginal incision. Very tired, but this goes back even before surgery.
Go for my next biweekly blood work on may 2 & then 3week post op appt with dr & will get results from blood work & hope that everything is improving.
My first outing was not to WalMart but to have my blood work done the week after surgery. I think WalMart was my 3rd outing.
All the best to everyone & remember we all heal at different rates. Don't rush things.
Unread 04-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Mayapple, I am so HAPPY that the cancer was contained and that all is well. I am celebrating with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 03:34 PM

Mayapple so happy for you that the cancer did not spread!

Margie, I was like you too...I didn't have alot of pain before either. I had the heavy bleeding and clots with each period since my last baby was born, they kept getting heavier and heavier and lasting longer each time too. Finally in Jan at my regular yearly exam I mentioned it to the doctor and he tried medicine for 2 periods and after that didn't less the blood flow he did an ultrasound. It showed I had a large fibroid on my uterus and my uterus was tilted backward. When the doctor was in there he noticed one ovary was enlarged so it was removed and sent away so was the fibroid. My test results can back ok. I don't have staples either. I was stitched internally and then super glued (lol).

I can relate about the not going shopping part too...we are a family of 6 so I am shopping all the time. I was sooo excited about my trip to Wal Mart the other day. I can get around ok once I am up...still alittle painful to get up from sitting to standing positions.

I had that same burny pain around my incision area too one night...not sure why though. I put some neosporan with pain relief on it and it was better by morning. I have some swelling I know cause my skirt I tried to wear to church was snug so I couldn't wear it.

Good luck.
Misti
Unread 04-29-2007, 03:54 PM

HELLO SISTERS!!!

I'm doing a little better on day 16. I started my naproxen back for my arthritis after seeing my gastroenerologist. I know that is part of my constipation problem (besides the irritable bowel syndrome); I figured that out when I had to quit taking it one week prior to castle trip. He prescribed me something for the constipation since Zelnorm has been taken off of the market b/c it can cause heart problems.

AGAIN: ZELONORM HAS BEEN TAKEN OFF OF THE MARKET BECAUSE IT CAN CAUSE HEART PROBLEMS.

When my DH went to get it filled the pharmacist said he would have to get ahold of the Dr.'s office to get it pre-authorized. MEDICAID!!!!!!!

I am taking Doc Q Lace twice a day with drinking a ton of water every day. Sometimes I can go; other times I can not.

A couple of nights ago the gas had tears coming to my eyes. I took two Beano and was praying it would work lightning fast. I decided to try and take my DH's secretary's advice and I made myself a cup of Bigelows' Mint Medley Tea. I was only half done with the cup and I had relief!!!!!! ))

NOTE: TRY BIGELOWS' MINT MEDLEY TEA FOR GAS PAIN;
IT WORKED FANTASTIC FOR ME!

I hope this will help someone else. I have had little trouble with gas for the last two days. Sometimes herbs and natural remedies are better than anything that can be made or manufactured by humans.

Trying to help,
Unread 04-29-2007, 04:00 PM

Hello Catherine

I advise you to get ahold of physician right away. You might have pulled some stitches or damaged something.

Before calling though; it isn't gas or constipation pain is it?
Unread 04-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Woo Hoooooo

MAYAPPLE

THAT'S THE WAY, AH HA , AH HA, WE LIKE IT! THAT'S THE WAY AH HA, AH HA WE LIKE IT!!!!
Unread 04-29-2007, 04:27 PM

Hey another Friday the 13th sister! My daughter takes naproxen too...she has JRA...she also had stomache trouble to and they put her on zantac for it. Did you know that pain meds can make you constipated too? Luckily I haven't had that trouble since my 1st bm in the hosiptal...that 1st was rough...just like the first time trying to get out of bed. OUCH!!!!!!!! I had the gas pains that first night too but since I got up and walk around I haven't had any problems with that anymore either. Are you able to get up and walk around some, maybe go for a walk on the flat surfaces outside? Good luck.

Misti
Unread 04-29-2007, 05:18 PM
nice weekend

Hello sisters!

I went to our cabin for the weekend and really missed reading everyone's posts! I am feeling much better. I tried to relax quite a bit. No walmarts for me. Just eagles soaring and spring peepers peeping. Any hoo.......some constipation ideas for all you out there. I am taking 2 stool softeners/day , LOTS of water. and most importantly I think, a cup of plain or vanilla yogurt with GROUND FLAXSEEDS and berries. For someone who has been having this difficulty for a long time, this seems to work. Give it a try. I see a lot of us 4/13 on the board today. It was a good day for a hyster!!!!

Take care princessess and keep up the good work!
Unread 04-29-2007, 05:28 PM

Margie,
You aren't alone in the 50's age group; I'll be 54 in October. I know the feeling of not having energy to do things. If I didn't live alone I wouldn't be doing much, either. As it is, I really pay for the efforts with a lot of aches and pains and a loss of energy. Like you, too, I had hoped to get a lot of scrapbooking done, but haven't had the energy to even open the boxes to sort the photos. My prayers are with you. Take it slow and remember just how special you are. Our bodies need time to heal, some of us just need more time than others.
Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register