Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Boy, do I feel better that everyone else is tired too! Well, misery loves company! We just all need to realize that this must be normal.

For those of you on hormones, I have a friend whose Dr. gave her progesterone and it actually makes you sleep better; maybe that is the ingredient some of you are experiencing. My bet is you will adjust to the hormones and soon will not have such side effects. I think we are all just feeling everything in an amplified way these days.....all we think of, afterall, is our bodies.

I think we have coined a new phrase in this thread: the "sit-up" syndrome! I bet it is just our tummy muscles coping with the little more activity that we have been doing the last few days. I got my medical reports from the hospital and they were very interesting. Of course I do not understand half of the verbiage, but it is sure fun to try to get the gist of it. I never knew I could sound so important on paper. Well I am going to move to the sofa to watch TV until my jaw drops open and my dh tells me I need to go to bed. What a life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:26 PM

I am almost too pooped to even get on the computer, if that tells you anything! I start out feeling ok, but in 30 minutes I am soooo tired. I still am taking at least one nap a day. I can't go without it.
I am also very weepy (I kept my ovaries) and my back hurts now worse than anything else. I am also loosing some stitches when I pee and wipe along with my spotting. I called the dr today, he said I am doing too much too soon. I really don't feel like I am doing anything but sitting in the recliner and napping, how strainous is that, I ask!
Hope all is well with everyone......hang in there!
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:30 PM

Hi gals,

I had my f/u appt today. Doc said everything looks good. Nothing unexpected on the pathology report. I've done tons of research on hormones and decided I wanted the patch instead of the pill, so he gave me that. I mentioned how I never sleep and he wants to give me a chance for the patch to work. Says low hormones cause the insomnia. I hope this works because I'm exhausted! You'd think I'd be able to get to sleep before 4:00 AM. I'm usually going to bed when my DH is waking up. I pretend I'm asleep so I don't have to listen to it. I'm also hoping the change in hormones will end my hot flashes.
After my appt, my friend and I did alot of running around. 1 of our last stops was to the book store for the "Menopause Diet" book and suddenly I was so fatigued I just had to sit. By the time we got back to the truck, I was cramping. This is the first time in a week I've had to take a pain pill. What's worse is I still had 2 more stops to make. By the time I got home I had soaked a pantiliner. (TMI, I know) I haven't bled in several days. I guess I over-did-it.

Mistic33...I know what you mean about feeling just yucky. Yesterday I felt like I was getting sick but obviously wasn't it because I don't feel like that today. I guess that is just part of it.

Windyhill...I think it was you who posted that you are sick. Having trouble with coughing and such. My Mexican friend said that it is, I guess you can use the word tradition, to wear what looks like a corset after a surgery like this. She went to Mexico (we are very close to the border) and got one for me. I noticed when I wear it, if I laugh or cough, it helps alot. If you can't find anything like that, maybe support panties will help.

Hope everyone gets a good nights rest. Get one for me too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 07:34 AM
update

Hello Ladies. I feel so much better knowing everyone is also lacking much needed energy. This morning I feel better then I have since Friday. I really felt like I was coming down with something - extremely tired (4-6 hour naps) , headache and extra body aches, but it seems to be passing.

I spent the first 1/2 hour I was awake today with a heating pad on my back and neck. Can't overdue the standing/sitting/walking or my stomach hurts but laying around is killing my neck and back .

Had some new cramps last night I haven't had before, felt like something contracting straight down from my belly button and I am having he phantom pains where my right ovary was.

Next appointment is next week to check stitching in vaginal cuff but haven't had any signs of stitches disolving...

Hope everyone has a great day.
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM

HELLO SISTERS!

WOW SNOWFLAKE! THAT IS AWESOME!

As for the rest of us ladies I . Sometimes that is better than any advice we can give each other. Don't get me wrong, I believe our advice to each other is a needed and we are very blessed to have each other.

Don't get me wrong; I am not a religious fanatic. I know very little about religions and church. I just recently found a church that I feel somewhat comfortable in. I was not raised in a religious home. This was an accomplishment within itself to find a church I feel comfortable in.

I do believe in God though AND the power of prayer. I have personally witnessed the results of my prayers.

I know that the best thing I can offer all of us is my prayers for stregnth, healing, and well-being.

Love and blessings to all of the sisters!
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:57 AM

Went to the doctor today and he said all is well. He said the pain with bowel movements are normal and use some mineral oil to help with them. My stitches are still in and should pass soon. Is anyone else still having pain with bowel movements?
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:55 PM

Oh my - absolutely pooped! Couldn't eat yesterday - but after stopping Cipro I felt somewhat better last evening and suddenly said to my husband - Cheetos - Cheetos and Life savers. He went to the store got me Cheetos and life savers and I kept those down. No telling what that was about - but it worked. I don't even normally like those things. Still a bit off today - DH comes home daily to make me coffee and a protein shake (not that I couldn't do that myself at this point - but he's sweet) - I told him not to make them today because I couldn't drink them yesterday - I stayed asleep until 1:30. I got up and felt dizzy and exhausted. Hope to feel better as the day goes on - what's left of it!
Unread 05-01-2007, 02:53 PM
having bad day

windyhill - I am also not feeling well today.
Couldn't get to sleep (even with a sleeping pill) til 4:30 am just when my son was getting up to go to work. Woke up with a headache, feeling ill & freezing. Finally got up at noon to have toast, have no appetite and nothing is appealing. I think I will head back to bed andd hopefully by the time my son is home from work I will be feeling better.
Take care everyone.
Unread 05-01-2007, 03:21 PM

ladies - also feel that i overdid it the last few days - last night even have my husband help me upstairs - thought i was going to fall over - achy today hips and back and took a nap for 2 blissful hours - see my dr tomorrow for my f/u
anxious to see what he says- i know myself feel a little empty inside where all of these things were - and need to talk about the urinating man that hurts
Unread 05-01-2007, 04:10 PM

I spend my day so far in bed writing thank you notes and addressing envelopes for my son's college graduation party at the end of the month. Ditto the tired lady syndrome.

Is there such a thing as a phantom pain where our uteruses were? I am doing better now, but for the last 24 hours I would have sworn I was having menstrual cramps!!! It is about that time of month for me and I still have my ovaries and cervix. I took a couple of rounds of tylenol today, but I hurt all night on. What goes? Rest ladies, rest.

Margie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register