Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

Unread 05-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 09-Apr 16,2007

I too had what felt like menstrual cramps today, and I had a radical hysterectomy. My pelvis is so achey and for a while it actually felt like cramps, which I know feel nostalgic for, tampons too -- right when I got home from the hospital my daughter got her period for the second time. I am looking at menstrual items with such sadness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 06:38 PM

margie - feel the same re uteruses - feels like something is missing in me
i dont have any ovaries left
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:55 PM

I just noticed a little discharge. SInce Ihad a LSH and this would be day 31 I think my body is trying to have a period. I was teary yesterday and couldn't sleep the last few nights, just like normally before a period. Today I have gone to the bathroom all day, too. I have had periods since I for 41 years out of my almost 52 years, and since my mom was 60 when she went through menopause, I suspect I will have a few more years of my body trying to act like a young chick! I don't know what is better, to get everything out or to leave some things in and have your body confused. I guess either way, we are all in tranisition, and whether we all have parts, or if parts are gone, we are still basically who we were before the surgery---and probably much better off for this in the long-run. We all need to look at this positively because we all have so much life ahead of us. Just think, we probably have more FREE life now that was in such misery and discomfort before. Yes, we are missing things, but we have also gained a lot too. It is just how we choose to look at the glass - half full or half empty. Okay. Sister Margie will climb off her soapbox, now. This is a rather bizarre time for us all, is it not?

Love to you all, M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 07:20 PM

margie - you are right about trying to look at everything positively - sometimes hard while still achy and body is confused but everyone tells me it is much better at the end. and that we should all feel better - but i guess still in that awkward stage and yes bizarre
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:52 PM

Hey all!

Margie - we're 10th sisters!

I'm sorry that some of you are melancholy over the loss of your periods. I think there are different parts of this recovery that are hard for each of us. I hope all my "sisters" find their peace with whatever is ailing them in this recovery. Every now & then I get a little whimsical over the fact that my uterus is gone but it doesn't last long. My periods were SO horrible & painful - they were out of control. It took 8 Advil to even take the edge off. (I didn't take 8 though - did 4 every 6 hours so I had about an hour where the 8 were all working at once). The 4 hardly touched it. Then, 1-3 days after I finished my period, the chronic pelvic pain would kick in & stay till I started my next period. I would have been due for my next cycle when I was 3 days post-op & I was in less pain then than I would have been with my period. I have passed on all supplies to my DD & can hardly keep from doing a little jig everytime I see the stuff knowing that I won't ever have to deal with that again.

The zinc lozenges I've been taking for this cold have been helping & I'm not sneezing near as much today which has been wonderful. My lower abdomen was so sore last night - today it only hurts if I cough. The good thing is my bladder sling is working. I'm much more tired but I attribute it to my immune system trying to heal the hys. & fight this virus. Despite, my little set back with the cold, I'm still so happy I did this!

I hope all my fellow sisters are recovering happily & well!

Best wishes,
Sue
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:19 PM

Hey Sue! Let's hear it for sneezing without leaking! YIPPEE!

I am not mourning my periods either. Only noticed that my body thinks it should kick into gear again! I went the grocery store this weekend and when my DH and I went down the Kotex aisle, I cracked him up with orations to the tampons "I MOCK YOU TAMPONS, YOU WRETCHED THINGS!!!"
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:39 PM

Hey Margie! Yess!!! Yippee for no more leaking!!!

I ovulated 2 days ago from the ovary where the cyst was and hardly noticed it. Just a little pinching & minor cramping for all of 15 minutes. With the cyst, I'd hurt all day. Wow! Talk about an improvement! I've cracked up my family with tampon jokes, too. I feel sort of bad for 16 yr. old DD though doing it as she has horrible periods & would love to not have them. She is duplicating my history to a tee & has been since the day she started puberty so I hope she doesn't have to deal with all I've had to. I guess the good thing is that since I've done it & have pathology, maybe they'll do something for her when she's ready & take my history into consideration. Hopefully, she won't have to go there though. Keep up the great attitude!
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:32 AM

I too wonder if there isn't phantom pain. They removed everything from me but it is also that time of the month for me and it feels almost like cramps but no where near as bad, just mild. Kind of like ovulation but that's impossible, right? Just tired and a little achy but otherwise I feel pretty good so far today. It is usually worse in the evening though. I am so glad I took the extra week before going back to work!
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:59 AM

The nurse at the Drs office accidentally filed my disability papers instead of sending them in! She called, frantic and apologetic, then gave me off until June 5!!! I will go back sooner, if I can, but glory be! I will be broke but rested.

Tummy pains stopped around 1pm yesterday. Had a little spot of something and then felt soooo much better. I did something different. I took my regular vitamin PLUS a B Vitamin that has all of the differerent B's in it. I know B12 helps us process iron, and I have heard B's give you energy. I probably had the most expensive pee on the block yesterday, but guess what? My overwhelming fatigue left and I had Energy! I did not even pass out in front of the TV at 9 pm like usual but made it all the way to 11 pm. Took a shower and went to bed and only got up one time (vs7times) to go to the bathroom. Vitamin B complex is my new best friend. Hope this info helps someone else! Oh, I have been taking 1500 mg of C everyday since surgery and never got an infection. I wonder if this is a factor??? Anyone else taking vitamins? PLEASE consider it, if you are not. I get a multi I take 3 times a day that has all of the amino acids in it as well and I really feel a big difference.

This site has been a life-line for me! Hope you all have great days today - with energy and joy!
Margie
Unread 05-02-2007, 08:33 AM

I had my surgery on the 11th of April (LAVH) and was home on the 13th. No real complications although I was VERY constipated and that was the scariest part of the whole thing. Sometimes stool softeners just aren't enough....just beware.
I'm feeling really good right now. Going a little crazy because I feel I can do more than what I'm doing. However, after reading the Post Op Week 3-4 checkpoint this morning, I realize that there is a lot of healing to go on from the inside. I should still be ringing my bell!! I can get a little (a lot) weepy and the hot flashes are annoying. Other than that....I'm good to go!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register